Really?

As a Warrior I take complete control of the game against a mage. I have a ton of cards, enemy has 2. I have 28hp plus a good 20 armor. I lack minions at the moment, but that is to be expected against a mage. I made sure not to spam everything I had lest I lose a lot more than is worth losing in a single flamestrike. I played smart. I played well.

turn 1: Alexestra: all hp and armor gone to 15.
turn 2: Alextra + fireblast for 18 in my face despite my effort to throw everything out and armor up.

I have one word for this. Really?!

What kind of card worth less than Deathwing is able to get rid of that much armor and hp? hp, fine. Hp is limited to 30 to begin with. But armor? seriously? this mage played HORRIBLY! losing 3-4 cards to one of mine repeatedly. and a single card is enough to remove 35~ worth in stats?

I love the game, but that sight left me numb and speechless. I cant even get mad Im so stunned. Is there even a counter for this?
Edited by AncientDoom on 11/4/2013 7:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
I was finished earlier by a mage whom I got down to 1 hp - and over 2 turns + 1 creature out with taunt, I was unable to finish - mage finished me with a pyroblast, then a fireblast.
Reply Quote
well if u cant get past the taunt, that is one thing. Stuff like that can happen with most classes due to weapons as well. I have done 15 damage in weapon myself before.

What I find rediculas is when you have a MILE HIGH lead, and that amounts to absolutely nothing.
Reply Quote
Alexstrasza removing armor is a bug that they haven't fixed yet.

Known Issues Thread: http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/9677847863

But seriously... ouch that's a rough way to lose.
Reply Quote
warriors should have spell reflect as our secret, its real unfair how mages can in 1 turn take away so much hp esp when they have freaking +spell creeps out. Was playing earlier down a warlock to 10hp and he was on his last card, thought i was going to win but sadly he poped jaraxxus and i had litreally nothing to dmg him, best part was being able to summon 6/6 with only 2 mana, the following roll he got out a 6/6 infernal i just sat there with my !%#%%#@# in my hand watching him summon stuff turn after turn, lost the game btw, only thing i could do was sit there and sing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkeC9WVVsQ4
Reply Quote
This happens to all classes. The fact that you put 20 Armor onto your guys, and DIDn't spend that mana killing him, shows how poor your deck is. My Druid decks gets hard fast early. I tend to lose 10 or so hp. But then It starts taking control, then it has a powerful mid game, and an unstoppable late game.

You said he was losing minions. Where was the damage on his life? what was he at? He dropped an 8/8 that late in the game. What was your hand that could counter it. Did you have a BGH? like I did when a mage tried this on me? Or did you spend your hand buffing sheilds and using all your removal?

Alexstranaza is a unique legendary that can be good or bad. It works well with a mage, because if you dont' deal with it, or get a taunt up, its 18 damage pronto incoming.

Btw, I don't see how this is any different than me destroying this Warrior the entire game. Got him to 9 life and he did 28 damage to kill me in one turn. Was it my fault? yea, for not realizing what he was doing. He was drawing cards to get his combo ready. Putting weapons on to hurt himself by clearing my minions. Got himself to 9 life.

Guy that gives charge was down.
0 mana Moulten giant
0 mana Moulten giant
brewmaster
0 mana Moulten Giant
4 mana charge guy 4/3
Reply Quote
Sounds like the mage was planning on using alexstrasza, and thus it turns out the mage played well.

I run a warrior alexstrasza deck and I am sure my opinions also think I play poorly, untill I oneshot them with ravenholdt assassin+strasza+charge for exactly 15

A mage who haven't dealt more than 2 damage, and have let you get 20 armor is not trying to burn you down, they are waiting to use an alexstrasza, this goes for any class really, or well they might be mill decks too.

Either way, if an opponent clearly isn't trying to deal with your hp it is because they know they don't have to, either because of milling or because of alexstrasza.
Reply Quote
There is a starking contrast between a guy building up to a strategy, and one that has infinite power.

It doesn't matter if I had 5 armor, 500 armor , or 20 armor. Hp isn't infinite. Armor is.The fact that a combo is capable of compeltely disregarding anything and everything for a sure win if the enemy has kept you iced down for 20 turns is not what I would call fair.

Something like that can't be silenced. It can't be taunted easily. Weapons won't help. Spamming charge cards to get rid of alexestra only leaves you open to a bunch of spells. Spamming armor leaves you open to alexextra and spells. A counter trap? warrior doesnt have those. Big game hunter or execute is the only cheap response to alexestra and then you have to throw everything out to not die in 2 turns from spells alone.

I do think it will be fair once they fix the bug. If you lose 15 hp from 30 to get that far, then i agree its bad planning and all that. But armor is another story.
Edited by AncientDoom on 11/4/2013 4:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
Putting a taunt in the way stops alexstrasza from hitting you so it actually can be taunted easily, being a warrior and everything you do have a hero power that can keep adding up, and you can run shield blocks so preventing spells from killing you is doable.

However the more appropiate response is probably killing the enemy hero, I am guessing the mage wasn't expecting to hit you with alexstrasza, but instead run 2x pyro.

That means the combo requires three turns to just kill you alone, you do have to deal with strasza one of yours, but you still have two free turns to kill the mage on.

Setting up a strasza kill can take a lot of turns, and of course the deck aims to stay alive untill that, but you being a warrior means you probably have charge minions, maybe even charge spells, and likely a minion that grants charge, so a lot of way to get hits in before the mage clears, in addition you have weapons you can straight up kill the mage with.

Lastly I hope the fix to alexstrasza is that her text reads "removes armor and sets hp to 15".
Reply Quote
Putting a taunt in the way stops alexstrasza from hitting you so it actually can be taunted easily, being a warrior and everything you do have a hero power that can keep adding up, and you can run shield blocks so preventing spells from killing you is doable.

However the more appropiate response is probably killing the enemy hero, I am guessing the mage wasn't expecting to hit you with alexstrasza, but instead run 2x pyro.

That means the combo requires three turns to just kill you alone, you do have to deal with strasza one of yours, but you still have two free turns to kill the mage on.

Setting up a strasza kill can take a lot of turns, and of course the deck aims to stay alive untill that, but you being a warrior means you probably have charge minions, maybe even charge spells, and likely a minion that grants charge, so a lot of way to get hits in before the mage clears, in addition you have weapons you can straight up kill the mage with.

Lastly I hope the fix to alexstrasza is that her text reads "removes armor and sets hp to 15".

I wouldn't have won in that case If I went for her face, I didn't have charge at the time, but that does sound like the only viable strategy.
Reply Quote
Every Warrior deck that plays weapon heavy must run Owls and Spellbreakers to silence taunt. It's a must.

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]