Starter Rogue Deck

The last thread I posted this in got deleted, so I'm not going to take any chances and am just going to start my own thread. Here's a starter rogue deck I created that seems to work pretty well. It combines Spell Damage minions with some good draw power and on-demand damage from minion battle cries. All of the cards are basic and can be used by any Rogue who is level 6 or higher.

Backstab (x2)
Elven Archer (x2)
Shiv (x2)
Acidic Swamp Ooze (x2)
Kobold Geomancer (x2)
Novice Engineer (x2)
Fan of Knives (x2)
Raid Leader (x2)
Chillwind Yeti (x2)
Gnomish Inventor (x2)
Ogre Magi (x2)
Sen'jin Shieldmasta (x2)
Assassinate (x2)
Gurubashi Berserker (x2)
Stormpike Commando (x2)
Reply Quote
I really like this deck, I've been using to level Rogue so I can get the gold from the quest. The only thing I don't understand about the deck is why the Gurubashi Berserker? This deck doesnt have any way to heal or buff him so IMO it almost has no synergy with the rest of the deck. I trust your judgement a lot better than mine but some explanation for the Berserker would be nice. I've just been replacing it with Booty Bay Bodygaurd since this deck only has the shieldmasta for taunt.
Reply Quote
Agreed, I'd say drop the Berserkers for Shattered Sun Clerics.

Your Raid Leaders will be hard to protect with only two taunts, too. Since you've running some card draw, I'd say Deadly Poison is an alternate option here. Otherwise go for Ironforge Rifleman if you want to be aggressive, or Ironfur Bear if you prefer the topdecking slugfest. ;)
Reply Quote
The curve seems a little steep on this from my little bit playing with it (I'm new); with the other card draw, would it make sense to sub out Gnomish Inventor for something more aggressive?
Reply Quote
The mana curve is terrible, I couldnt win at all because my mana curve was so high,
Reply Quote
Just trashed a priest with this deck. I'd totally swap the Berserkers for S. Sun Clerics though. I would also add Ironfur Bears, for more defense since I had it a little rough.

Anyway, isn't the rogue supposed to rely a little on weapons rather than spell power? I mean, the deck's pretty good and I see why it works as good as it does (fan of knives + spell power saved my life) but I kinda missed having my hero attack with lots of attack, like 7.
Reply Quote
11/06/2013 06:01 PMPosted by Sevrek
I really like this deck, I've been using to level Rogue so I can get the gold from the quest. The only thing I don't understand about the deck is why the Gurubashi Berserker? This deck doesnt have any way to heal or buff him so IMO it almost has no synergy with the rest of the deck. I trust your judgement a lot better than mine but some explanation for the Berserker would be nice. I've just been replacing it with Booty Bay Bodygaurd since this deck only has the shieldmasta for taunt.
no with shiv it can be too powerfull it wont give him that much damage and will buff him and make u draw a card
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]