SI7 Agent trigger Spellbender?

I was in a game earlier with my druid deck and had the keeper of the grove's 'Do 2 damage' effect trigger Spellbender. Either this is a bug or the game counts this as a spell. I was wondering if anyone has had this happen with SI7 direct damaging effects? Is it considered a spell as well?

Just curious, Thanks.

-Bob
Reply Quote
I never tested this, but Keeper of the Groves animation points from your hero to your target. SI 7´s doesn't. I´m pretty sure the game considers Keeper of the Grove´s effect to be a spell. Though I don´t think it´s intended that way, as it's inconsistent with every other battlecry mechanic. Good to know though, this 2 for 1's every Counterspell.
Reply Quote
There's a bug with some druid 'choose one' abilities - for some reason the keeper of the groves ability is treated as a spell rather than as a battlecry.

The bug is with keeper of the grove, not with SI:7 - as spellbender is meant to trigger off of spells, and neither of the two are spells.
Reply Quote
Yeah the reason I was curious about the SI7 was because the SI7 is the only other card that I'm aware of that does damage when played (combo'd in this case) but doesn't actually say 'Battlecry' (like Keeper of the Grove) next to the effect text. For example, Perdition's Blade is a lot like the 2 previous mentioned cards, except it says 'Battlecry'. I didn't actually look through all of them, but it's the only one i could come up with off the top of my head.

If it happened to both cards I could theorize that maybe it was intended for some reason, but doesn't really make sense.

Forgive my lack of knowledge/experience with hearthstone, but what do you mean by 2 for 1's every counterspell. Meaning it is a way to burn counterspell/spellbender without wasting a card? Or that the keeper of the grove could trigger both of them in one play?

-Bob
Reply Quote
playing keeper shows you two extra cards to play as a battlecry, i guess thats the reason. wonder if it triggers questing adventurer and mana addict too ;p
Reply Quote
This has to be a bug because I just finished a game with a rogue that used a SI-7 Agent to kill my Faerie Dragon. Going to have to test and see if this happens with Perdition's Blade as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]