Seriously Need Help with this Deck

I am a Masters 3* player, and I cannot figure out this class, lol. Below is what I am working with right now. When it comes to giving advice, be as hard on me as you like, so long as your criticism winds up being constructive in some way.

I have 1800 dust to play with to get a strong Rogue going. I need a 3rd competitive deck as I am playing in a tourney soon that requires three pre-built decks, and I only have 2 that I am really confident with.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/rogue#87:2;90:1;92:2;127:1;164:2;198:1;244:1;286:1;378:2;382:2;385:2;417:2;433:1;435:2;471:2;474:1;509:1;568:2;637:2;
Reply Quote
Not sure how well this would work for you, but try out perdition's blade x2 and azure drake x 2, to replace the master of disguise, agent, and assassin's blade, sap or betrayal.

Also forgot to add, Acidic swamp ooze, Ironbeak owl and Spellbreaker are worth looking into as well.
Edited by Ghosti on 11/3/2013 11:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
... replace ... sap
Never make a rogue deck without 2x sap.
Reply Quote
11/03/2013 01:05 PMPosted by ieatbrains
... replace ... sap
Never make a rogue deck without 2x sap.

sap isn't that good
Reply Quote
ill assume you want to keep the playstyle just improve, not get full new deck.
master, sprint, deathwing should go. they dont fit aggro deck. id also remove betrayal and venture.

azure, gadgetan, kobolds, shattered sun cleric, blade flurry are good choices without changing how your deck plays.
Reply Quote
master, sprint, deathwing should go. they dont fit aggro deck. id also remove betrayal and venture.

azure, gadgetan, kobolds, shattered sun cleric, blade flurry are good choices without changing how your deck plays.

Why do you like blade flurry so much? I honestly see no reason to play that card in any situation.

Fan of knives already does 1 damage and draws a card for 3 mana, where you need 4 mana to be able to do 1 damage with no card draw with blade flurry/dagger combo. Also if you use it with assassins blade it is now 7 mana total to do 3 damage when 2 kobold fan of knives is 7 mana 3 damage WITH a card draw. As well as the 2 kobald is board control (even if weak) and doesn't destroy your weapon.

I see no point to running blade flurry ever now. Spell damage minions make fan of knives a much better alternative to aoe because it does what blade flurry would do but with card draw and less card disadvantage.
Edited by Rolia on 11/5/2013 10:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
Spellpower works with Blade furry as well.

And Dagger could be on a turn prior. And that would mean for 3 mana you could use deadly poision (attack with 3 damage weapon), then use blade flurry and do 3 damage AOE (to player as well).

Have some kobolds down, heck even one down makes this cost 5 mana and you can get a 4 damage AOE.

It's great if you need to clear the board.

That said, Fan of Knives is great for what it does as well.
Reply Quote
Ok. there are a few cards that I don't really like, so I'll share that with you.
Betrayal - although it costs 2, it is a little situational, there might be matches where you can't find the right time to use it, especially at a tournament. Experienced players will keep an eye on positioning when playing vs. a rogue.
Novice Engineer - I don't find it logical, spending 2 mana to replace a rubbish card with something else. 1/2 minion isn't really game-changing.
Sap - When you use it, you lose a card, while giving a minion back to opponent's hand. Although the card is good at some situations, you would really want to add a silence (for example Ironbeak Owl - Silence + Board presence) and kill the minion instead.
Shiv - Basically, even worse than Novice Engineer. You already have backstab, eviscerate, weapons, blade flurry, fan of knives, do you really need 1 damage for 2 mana? I only find this useful combined with enrage minions and you don't have them.

A must-have rogue cards in my opinion:
Bloodmage Thalnos - Obviously a great card, if you save it for late-game and combine with cards like fan of knives, backstab or eviscerate.
Dread Corsair - You don't have any taunts, which can be really game-changing. Only use this when you have a weapon equipped though.
Azure Drake - 4/4, spell damage, and draw a card, this is a big threat to your opponent.
Perdition's Blade - 4 possible damage for 3 mana, and 2 damage the next turn. Board control, why not?
Edited by DinasJ on 11/5/2013 12:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/05/2013 10:49 AMPosted by Rolia

Why do you like blade flurry so much? I honestly see no reason to play that card in any situation.

Fan of knives already does 1 damage and draws a card for 3 mana, where you need 4 mana to be able to do 1 damage with no card draw with blade flurry/dagger combo. Also if you use it with assassins blade it is now 7 mana total to do 3 damage when 2 kobold fan of knives is 7 mana 3 damage WITH a card draw. As well as the 2 kobald is board control (even if weak) and doesn't destroy your weapon.

I see no point to running blade flurry ever now. Spell damage minions make fan of knives a much better alternative to aoe because it does what blade flurry would do but with card draw and less card disadvantage.

11/05/2013 12:30 PMPosted by DinasJ
Ok. there are a few cards that I don't really like, so I'll share that with you.
Betrayal - although it costs 2, it is a little situational, there might be matches where you can't find the right time to use it, especially at a tournament. Experienced players will keep an eye on positioning when playing vs. a rogue.
Novice Engineer - I don't find it logical, spending 2 mana to replace a rubbish card with something else. 1/2 minion isn't really game-changing.
Sap - When you use it, you lose a card, while giving a minion back to opponent's hand. Although the card is good at some situations, you would really want to add a silence (for example Ironbeak Owl - Silence + Board presence) and kill the minion instead.
Shiv - Basically, even worse than Novice Engineer. You already have backstab, eviscerate, weapons, blade flurry, fan of knives, do you really need 1 damage for 2 mana? I only find this useful combined with enrage minions and you don't have them.

A must-have rogue cards in my opinion:
Bloodmage Thalnos - Obviously a great card, if you save it for late-game and combine with cards like fan of knives, backstab or eviscerate.
Dread Corsair - You don't have any taunts, which can be really game-changing. Only use this when you have a weapon equipped though.
Azure Drake - 4/4, spell damage, and draw a card, this is a big threat to your opponent.
Perdition's Blade - 4 possible damage for 3 mana, and 2 damage the next turn. Board control, why not?

Sap is amazing Card, recently I used it 2 times against the same Chil wind yetti, where a Owl Does NOTHING. It was so OP cause the enemy was like 3-4 rounds behind exponentially.

StoryShort: He lost badly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]