Feral Spirit

Just want to find out what people think about this card.

Do you use it
Do you think it's op

I personally think it's a little too much,overload doesn't really matter because you got 2 taunts with 2/3 and not many cards can remove them from play in 1 round.

discuss :O
Reply Quote
I use 2 copies in my main constructed deck. It's situational on when to use it, and vs what classes. It has a lot less value vs say, a warrior who has the weapon able to deal with it easily (3 damage exactly).

I wouldn't consider it OP, as the 2x overload is a huge hit in the early game. There are many times when I have used it, even while trying to plan for the overload factor, and the enemy has come out ahead due to great cards/play on their side.

Where it really shines is if you can buff the feral spirits in some way, such as with a shattered sun cleric, rockbiter weapon, dark iron dwarf, flametongue totem, etc.

It's more about building a cohesive deck that has great synergy when played together. A single card isn't OP but when played in conjunction with other cards it goes from good to great. The same can be said for nearly all cards for every class, not just feral spirits.
Reply Quote
If it didn't have overload it would be pretty broken however overload balances it out just fine.
Reply Quote
it is actually an extremely crappy card but people don't realize it. It is only remotely useful in stall decks.

For 5 mana you are summoning 2x 2/3 minion that cannot even trade with standard 3 mana minion. one shatter sun will take out 2x feral, think about that.
Reply Quote
Good sometimes, useless other times.
Reply Quote
11/07/2013 01:47 AMPosted by VoidBro
Good sometimes, useless other times.

When do you find that it's useless? It's good for giving you the breathing room to create a good offence, for creating a barrier between you and the opponent's offence that deals 2 damage each when things are going a bit rough, and for offering the security you need to play more interesting moves when you have it in your hand with enough defense on the board already. It's become my bread and butter card in a lot of ways.
Reply Quote
i find it bad for 2 overload ...
i mean you pay 5 for 2/3 2/3 , sometimes it trades ok other kinda bad .
I find it usefull when i need some fodder for my draw totem or flame totem .

In my control deck taunt totem and this wolves are a great deal cos they can give time for my important stuff ... cos with that i can trade other free totems with a buff effectivly against creatures without loosing card's .

i mean draw totem alive for a couple of turn and its great advantage same thing with flame totem .
Buff a random 2 mana gnome or free totem and trade them and you have great board controll with little cards , but that just me :)
Reply Quote
Knife Juggler + Feral spirit

5 mana turn

2 random damage + one 3/2 and two 2/3 with taunt... yes please... It forces an AoE.... for killing 2 cards...

Got 4 mana next turn.... totem plus rockbitter and/or windfury...

This card is also a good late game taunter because the enemy must do 2 attacks... so the spirits can stop a buffed Core Hound for two turn for 3 mana...

I think Feral Spirit has a great effect in any shaman deck let it be control, aggro or swarm....
Reply Quote
5 mana overload still counts
Reply Quote
11/07/2013 06:44 AMPosted by Denisgsv
5 mana overload still counts

It's often worse than having it be a direct 5 cost because it means you are barred from making a turn-equivalent play next turn and that effect can add up in painful ways.
Reply Quote
I really love this card, I'm 3*master and I feel safer when I got those guys in my starting hand. Sham is strong mid/late game, the wolves keep you safe for easily 2 turns.
Reply Quote
3 star master here, I think the card is pretty broke.

5 mana for two 2/3s is actually exceptionally good.

Generally, I see this card dropped when you have board advantage to further snowball into a card advantage.

let's say for example you are facing a shaman; he clears the board at an early stage of the game. He then plays ferals at turn 4 and uses fork lightning in the process which means he has a 4 mana overload next turn.

You can't play any early game creatures or a wolf is likely to bop it and trade, and another one remains meaning you just went -1 (if you deal with the other wolf using a cards full effect e.g. frostbolt and not using half a card e.g. fire ele)

Maybe you can get away with Dalaran Mage, but even then I find it highly unlikely to deal the two remaining damage with the wolves AND get another minion out of the bargain (kobold into swipe?)

You can't kill them using a single spell and trade evenly at an early stage of the game. Most early wave clearing spells do 1 damage. (cone, explosion, swipe, fan, consc)

They're not even bad past turn 6, as you may only play 1 spell power card and a wave clear spell at that point, meaning only paladin can deal with them at that stage and trade evenly.

Turn 7 only matters vs. mage

Turn 10 they're trash, but at that point you should of dropped at least 1. Perhaps they also used their board clear aswell.

However, hunters and locks can trade for them evenly (multi, hellfire.)

Still doesn't speak for the other classes, however.

Card needs re-balancing.
I'd do something like say:
"Summon two 2/3 spirit wolves with taunt, these wolves cannot attack minions"

meaning you can do general shaman shenanigans with windfury flametounge bloodlust on the wolves as you should all your cards, but they're not free card advantage and you actually have to deal with threats on the board with your gratuitous, cheap, and plentiful shaman removal. :P
Edited by RuskoStar on 11/10/2013 1:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
Bad card. I'd rather harvest golem any day because you don't totally ruin your turn 4 by playing a card that can't even trade with a 3/3
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone
Ridiculously strong card overall, but it does depend on what the meta game is doing. Basically, Feral Spirit is an absolute brick wall to early aggression, and will completely wipe out 2-drops. I know people say that the Overload makes you lose half of your next turn, but the effect of Feral Spirit is to make the opponent lose every turn up to turn 3.

On the other hand, if players are running a lot of 3-cost minions with 3 health and 3 attack, then Feral Spirit suddenly becomes very weak.

So it really varies based on what players are using. Overall, I've always found Feral Spirit to be a fairly effective card, but I've seen it go in and out of style based on the current state of the meta.
Reply Quote
it is actually an extremely crappy card but people don't realize it. It is only remotely useful in stall decks.

For 5 mana you are summoning 2x 2/3 minion that cannot even trade with standard 3 mana minion. one shatter sun will take out 2x feral, think about that.

This is nonsense, of course, because Overload is letting you play it on turn 2 instead of turn 3. It's an excellent card, and is almost overpowered even WITH the Overload drawback.
Reply Quote
I really would appreciate this card more if it was closer to real ''Feral Spirit'' with something like ''restore X health to your hero any time a spirit wolf deals damage''. It could act like the class specific heal we are missing (though I would appreciate Chain Heal more, but nvm); and it could justify the overload on it.
Reply Quote

This is nonsense, of course, because Overload is letting you play it on turn 2 instead of turn 3. It's an excellent card, and is almost overpowered even WITH the Overload drawback.

It's 3 mana, so you can't play it on turn 2 regardless. At that point your opponent will either have a 3 mana minion of his own on the field, or stronger removals. It is an awesome card if you already have board control, otherwise its crap outside of fighting against hunters or spam aggro decks

sunshatter cleric and dark iron is also very popular and in just about every deck. Most of the time you can expect to lose both wolfs to a 2 mana minion when they buff a 2/2 to 3/3
Edited by Ayu on 11/16/2013 9:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
That card it's too strong it needs to be atleast 4 mana you can't deal with it directly even if you're a warrior if your weapon doesn't come then you're screwed and even if you get fiery war axe it's very hard to deal with them or when they cast 2 feral spirits at once it's too op or it should change to only 1 minion let's say 3-4 with taunt or 3-5 like senjin....
Reply Quote
You got so pissed off you went ahead to necro 10 month old thread?

If you really think Feral Spirits are OP you clearly haven't played the game enough.
Have trouble with Turn 3 Feral Spirits? Play a 3/3 minion, shaman can't do anything on Turn 4 but use hero power.
Reply Quote
lol seriously wolves are so bad, won't trade well against anything over 2 mana. They completely ruin your turn 4 which is a pivotal turn in the game when big minions can start coming out. Yeah maybe they can stall your opponent in the late game, but they are easily wiped out by ALL the 3 damage aoe that exists. You would be far better off using a sludge belcher and not completely ruining your turn 6 when you want to fire elemental. Seriously guys these wolves slow you down too much early game, and are too weak to be anything but speed bumps for your opponent in the late game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]