Onyxia

Onyxia is great with warrior. Commanding Shout, Whirlwind, Frothing Berserker combo = win

or just use commanding shout to run all the whelps into the enemies minions
Edited by Dekar on 11/2/2013 7:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
good idea, but i still need to get me that card haha
Reply Quote
I have Ony, but I don't have Commanding shout or Frothing. Maybe one day.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I just got Onyxia the other night and have been building a Warrior deck. I like the way you think!
Reply Quote
Onyxia is good, but then you need to build a late-game deck, while I feel that warriors, and my playing style in general with warrior, is purely early game to mid-game trying to finish by turn 7/8
Reply Quote
Onxyia could be a wicked endgame closer, but a WSC + BSR with AR equipped is the KO punch for me.

Best combo however goes to Illadin + WSC then swing with both Illadin and the Flame. :D
Reply Quote
Try with Malfurion. Neff said for mid game victory
Edited by Rui on 5/11/2014 1:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
had a mage flamestrike me w/ a full board of whelps and armor smith up, I got a crap load of armor and onyixa was still on the board, lol.
Reply Quote
Implying opponent will let Berserker live for a whole turn. Could happen, but doubtful :P
Reply Quote
I put onyxia in my control warrior deck with commanding shout, a lot of times the shout is a dead card, and or I have to use it early before onyxia is played. Any way to make this combo work efficiently?
Reply Quote
The way to make it work efficiently is to not worry about it that much. It's not like Commanding Shout+Onyxia is necessarily much more important than Commanding Shout+anything else or Onyxia+anything else. The only thing that matters is that you get value out of the cards when you play them. Personally, I really like Commanding Shout, since I usually get solid card advantage out of it (1 from draw, 1-3 from suddenly efficient trades, etc).

I haven't used Onyxia outside of some Arena, so I have less of an opinion on her, but I think she's probably solid as a late-game Legendary, even with less immediate threat than Alexstraza or Ragnaros, and some slightly easier to anticipate threats than Ysera.

----

Just in case,;if you or anyone else is concerned about Onyxia+Command+Frothing+Whirlwind all together... don't be. Minions with only 1 health will not be considered "damaged" if they are under the effect of Commanding Shout and take 1 or more damage. Only if their health values actually lower will it trigger effects like Armor Smith or Frothing Berserker. As a staggered effect (over multiple turns) it can be effective of course but... it's a very specific set of circumstances that won't shake out that often.
Reply Quote
Too much AoE for Onyxia to be viable in any deck. Nearly any deck will have some sort of answer that late in the game. Onyxia simply can't be good in it's current state.

Rogue - Blade Flurry
Warrior - Whirlwind
Druid - Swipe, Starfire
Warlock - Hellfire, Shadowflame
Paladin - Consecration
Mage - Arcane Explosion, Flamestrike
Hunter - Unleash the Skill, Explosive Trap
Shaman - Lightning Strike
Priest - Holy Nova
Neutral - Abomination
Reply Quote
And FYI, the combo you posted doesn't even work. Frothing Berserker requires your minions actually take damage, which Shout prevents.
Reply Quote
TIL not even Blizzard workers have all the cards.
Reply Quote
05/21/2014 02:49 AMPosted by Thirk
And FYI, the combo you posted doesn't even work. Frothing Berserker requires your minions actually take damage, which Shout prevents.

When the OP was made, it hadn't worked like that. It was changed later.
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 10:43 AMPosted by Libeer
Onyxia is good, but then you need to build a late-game deck, while I feel that warriors, and my playing style in general with warrior, is purely early game to mid-game trying to finish by turn 7/8

You've never heard of control warrior have you lol.
Reply Quote
05/23/2014 09:42 AMPosted by AlexL
You've never heard of control warrior have you lol.

Since that was from 6 months ago, probably not.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]