Sharing an awesome Pro technique for Druids..

Guys, Don't let any one else know, but I've been having raging success with a little something I never quite thought of until last weekend. So I've had Big Game Hunters and The Black knight killing things and winning me the game, but I never thought to involve Mark of the Wild.

2 mana
+2/+2 and taunt.

Wow how did I not see how awesome this card is for a control deck. I only thought it had one use. Play on a minion and hope it doesn't get silenced. But with minions like Argent Commander/ Azure Drakes, Ogre Maggi, I don't want them to get silenced and lose 2 cards to one silence.

BUT how did I fail to realize that you can cast this ON OTHER MINIONS.

So I already have Big Game Hunter and the black knight. The requirements of these awesome cards? attack has to be greater than or equal to 6, and taunt for black knight. Mark of the wild gives a minion taunt. So if you are sitting with a Black Knight in your hand. This buff pretty much lets black knight execute anyone at turn 8.

Likewise, those tough 6/6 minions like the priest have or the Stormwind commander +1. Even the 5/5 lightspawn thing from the priest. Well, play this and a BGH and instant execute (for the price of assassinate, but you get a minion).

I realize you are wasting two cards to kill one. But it works well in my control deck because I wouldn't have to do this unless I needed too. With Starfire, Starfall, wrath, swipe, I've got the low health minions pretty much covered. But what about a Ysera, or a blood ogre. Those can really throw us off our control.

So try it out. i'm even tempting to put another Big Game Hunter in with this card. NOT TO MENTION the fact that it CAN be used on your minions to have some success as well. For example, I Played Ysera + Innervate + mark of the wild agaisnt a mage, after they had sheeped twice. It was GG.
Edited by Skaith on 11/4/2013 10:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
What card did you swap for the mark? I am running you deck pretty much exactly minus Black Knight and a couple of other little changes. Let us know what you dropped for mark and I will test it out. It would be nice for BGH to less of a dead draw sitting there waiting to shine till you drop it with no target just dropping to help with a finish off.
Reply Quote
11/04/2013 05:29 PMPosted by Chemrainfall
What card did you swap for the mark? I am running you deck pretty much exactly minus Black Knight and a couple of other little changes. Let us know what you dropped for mark and I will test it out. It would be nice for BGH to less of a dead draw sitting there waiting to shine till you drop it with no target just dropping to help with a finish off.

Well, It's up to you, but I've been testing this deck as well (yea I'm a mad scientist).

2x Innervate
2x Claw
1x Mark of the Wild
2x Wrath
2x Yeti
2x Swipe
1x Tinkmaster
1x Big Game Hunter
2x Ogre Maggi
2x Azure Drake
2x Druid of the Claw
2x Starfall
2x Starfire
2x Argent Commander
2x Nourish
1x The Black Knight
1x Gruul (Use Ragnaros, If I had him)
1x Ysera

And been getting really awesome results. This deck is Pure late game control. My other deck was a lot more early/mid game with some quick 7 turn wins sometimes. So not really sure what to take out. Maybe a Scarlet, or Golumn?

Edit:

The deck above seems like it would do bad early game, but for some reason you just need to hold out for 3 turns. And Wrath, Claw can really help out, same with innervate. The nourish really helps get more cards as you spend a lot with innervates in the deck.

This is a priest's worst nightmare. EVERY card is a 4 attack besides tinkmaster, Ysera, Gruul. They start to panic and start MC your druid of the claws usually. One game I had 2 Yetis, one druid of the claw, Black Knight, and a BGH all down with board control. I took a screen show of him holding 4 cards not being able to play any of them (shadow words pain/death are my guess).

And this deck just outlasts all the Mage AOE. They spend lots of cards trying to kill Yetis, Drake, Ogre, Commanders, Druids of the Claw. It just seems like it stands up more than my faerie dragons, oozes, etc getting MC, AOEd blizzard, etc.... killed.

They run a blizzard my minions are at half life. yetis, can even force a Flamestrike.

And this deck has been 60 - 70% succesfful agaisnt rush decks like UTH and Warlock murloc/rush. But its been 90%+ agaisnt Mage/Priest, the two most common I'm finding in Masters 3 star.
Edited by Skaith on 11/4/2013 5:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
Without playing the deck (cause I am missing a couple of the legendaries) I would say drop 1x Nourish but that is just me.
Reply Quote
11/04/2013 05:59 PMPosted by Chemrainfall
Without playing the deck (cause I am missing a couple of the legendaries) I would say drop 1x Nourish but that is just me.

Yea, There has been times I was thinking of replacing a Nourish with an Ancient of Lore for the heal/draw card minion. But with innervates you sometimes play things early and eat a lot of cards, so its good to get a nourish early. Heck Innervate + nourish makes it like an Arcane intellect. Only costing 3 mana but for 3 cards.

Innervate has allowed me to put multiple 6 costing minions or a 6 and a 5 cost minion. Often I needed these two down in a turn late game. I'm really really really loving Innervate more with this deck.

ALso the best hand is a Yeti turn 3....... so hard for the oppont. Even a turn 1 yeti with innervate + coin had someone auto concede. (reason why Nourishes are important)!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]