Unleash the Hounds Problem

Shyntil, are you EU or US?
Reply Quote
Sharpshooter, grab a mage deck and play vs me with Uth. If you win even only 1 game, i will say nothing aobut uth for the rest of my life, i swear.

Just for infos, you can checl mage class section for recording aobut the last 100 games on my main

Dawg i ain't got a swarm mage... yet, and i probably won't until the meta shifts. So yeah, no mage.

I'm always down to play with anything else if you want tho!
Reply Quote
11/02/2013 10:35 PMPosted by Xithylqt

EU
Reply Quote
11/02/2013 10:41 PMPosted by Shyntil

EU

Wanna take a few games?
Reply Quote
EU?

Aint you guys set on Aggrometa right now? The !@#$ you doing playing mage lol.
Reply Quote
OF course, my BT is Gigga#2742

Sharpshooter, i didnt mean a swarm mage, a but a more controllish now. And yes, there are a lot of aggros out there and mage deal with it quite well.
Edited by Gigga on 11/2/2013 10:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Sent you a request, just send one to me if you didn't get it
Reply Quote
Yeah whats ur tag? didnt get it.
Reply Quote
Xithylqt#2355
Reply Quote
11/02/2013 10:45 PMPosted by Gigga
Sharpshooter, i didnt mean a swarm mage, a but a more controllish now. And yes, there are a lot of aggros out there and mage deal with it quite well.

You won't win as Control mage against this deck, ever, i mean i'd instantly concede if it werent because i'm packing 2 mana wraiths and a !@#$ ton of protection for them (2 Spellbenders and 2 CS, along Kirin tor mage and methods of aggro like worgens)

Now aggromage, i saw only one of these. Wrecked me, as expected from any aggrodeck lol.

Which leads me to the 2nd part, if aggro is popular in EU, the few control decks must have a good time lol, but the fools who decide to run UTH on an aggro set meta are delusional. I won't deny that i feel sorry for any control deck that has the misfortune to get across one of those madmen tho.

Edit: Well there IS actually something that's undeniable, the PERMANENT buff, i mean why do all beasts retain the attack bonus after a failed combo, it should lasts until the end of the turn only.
Edited by Sharpshooter on 11/2/2013 11:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This attitude really, blaming and whining cus shooter had some valid points?

I also wonder some things about your reasoning and idiocy!

1st. Why exclude the better version of bloodlust that is called savage roar and gives +2 ark to all CHARACTERS in your reasoning about UtH?

2nd. WHY NOT POST THIS ON THE MAGE-FORUMS SO YOU CAN GET HELP TO IMPROVE YOUR DECK SO IT DOESN'T LOOSE AGAINST UTH EVERY SINGLE TIME??? HERE YOU WILL NOT GET ANY HELP AND WE DON'T WANT YOUR WHINE
Reply Quote
Guess you cant read. Even shooter just said Mage Control cant win vs Uth. How is that fair ? We are not whining about being unfavorite. We are whining about the fact we CANT WIN. Not even a game. And that's wrong in a card game.
Reply Quote
Why would it be unfair just cus mage control (which is just one type of deck) can't win against UtH strategies? (which to be fair is just one other type of deck.)

There are a lot of other decks to play that you can try, if your deck can't beat a certain deck and you think that is a problem change around cards in your deck or change deck all together.

If that is still a problem to you and you find it unfair don't play CG's at all.
Reply Quote
^^^^+1^^^^
Reply Quote
Ah, I'm the one who only brought up valid points with comparisons and such without blaming anyone, but you somehow managed to think that I'm "whining and blaming". I don't know if you've read the entirety of the posts, but I guess you should try that.

1)I didn't feel like bringing up Savage Roar, but that just improves my point. 3 Mana for +2 Attack up to 8 characters vs 1 Mana for +1 Attack & Charge up to 7 characters.
3 Mana for 8 attack in an average case vs 1 Mana for 3/4 Attack & charge in an average case.

I wonder which one is better, hmm. I clearly stated I would take Charge over even 2 attack differential and you come and go yapping about Savage Roar. Not to even mention the mana cost advantage you're still keeping, which would allow you to play one or two extra minions compared to Savage Roar, even balancing out the damage differential, making UtH even more superior than my previous math.

2)My complaint isn't about my Mage deck losing to UtH. My complaint is about Unleash the Hounds, as a card, without any external factors such as being played in a combo deck, is an overpowered card. I don't see why you can't grasp that Unleash the Hounds is a "card" by itself, and it's overpowered. It doesn't matter which deck it's played in, I'm not arguing about the OTK deck being overpowered, I'm arguing about Unleash the Hounds being OP by itself. I don't know how much clearer I can explain this. If my complaint was about my Mage deck losing against UtH decks, I wouldn't be comparing cards one by one with UtH to show that UtH is the superior card, would I? I don't think I can explain this better, so if you don't get it, just quit it.

Learn. to. read. please.
Reply Quote
For everyone defending it, I don't get how you think a rush or taunt deck can beat this deck...
rush decks = low health, secrets +weapon destroy it, plus even if some stay alive, its very unlikely any will be taunt, and you can just as easily win with 1 health as you can 30.
taunt decks = owl or deadly shot, since most (useful) taunts cost 4+, and its unlikely they will play more than 1 per turn (if even that many) before you get to turn 7 or 8 and kill them.

I used to be annoyed with this deck, and gave up trying to complain about it, and just started running it instead. aside from horrible card draw luck, this easily wins 90%+ of games
so either, im getting really lucky for the past 3 weeks, or people who think it can be countered are really, really, bad at playing this deck.

Obviously given the outrage about this deck, they're gonna do something; what it is, none of us will know until then, but hoe about instead of fighting/defending, why not be productive and think of ways to make it viable? If they inevitably nerf UtH to the ground, what other buffs would you like to see to other cards to make them more viable?

Personally, I think why not just make UtH give +3 attack, and not charge?
Shaman Bloodlust
Druid Savagery
both do the same, and are not considered gamebreaking like UtH is by some.
Maybe by doing that, add a few more beast minions, and 1 or 2 with 4 attack to deal with priest SW:BS CC

I think, hunter decks can be more viable than people are giving them credit, they just claim its not viable, because UtH is an easy win, and arguably the fastest way to make gold outside of arena

oh, and for everyone complaining about UtH, just build an UtH deck and enjoy the easy gold til patch (if you cant beat it, join it)
Reply Quote
11/04/2013 04:43 PMPosted by Star
, I think why not just make UtH give +3 attack

Because 1 HP minions, that's why.
Reply Quote
Shyntil:

For God's Sake, this deck is AGAINST YOUR SO LOVED MAGE DECK!!!! Do you understand???

This whole deck is made against YOU!!!!!! Do you understand this? Nope...

I give up... (sorry Sharpshooter, I quit :D)

They are just .... ignorant.... I don't know the word... Not stupid, they are not... They are just..... bad players (yes I know, 11 star masters..... bull!@#$.... )
Reply Quote
I heard such a brilliant (and elegant) solution to Unleash the Hounds hunters: Remove the beast designation from young dragonhawks (or change it to a non-beast creature).
To me, they do such a massive amount of damage from the UtH combo, with each dragonhawk doing 8 to 10 damage (4x2 or 5x2). Windfury is a multiplier of buffs, giving it +3 or +4 and charge is insane. I think Windfury in general is way under-budgeted.

I remember playing a dragonhawk with my Shaman and giving firetotem, bloodlust, and rockbiter buffs, making it a 9/1 dragonhawk. So it did 18 damage by itself.
Reply Quote
unleash the hounds is op and should only work on 2 minions max. it also shouldn't give +1 dmg.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]