Skaith's META Busting Druid Deck!

Well this deck performs reasonably well in 3 star masters / unranked. The deck has performed well agaisnt the 4 most common decks I face. This deck is a mash up of John, Icaruim, explosion(sp?) and a few others ideas...... Basically the community helped out.

Paladin Aggro/Divine Favor:

In this matchup, they play lots of low cost minions and give them shields and repetence so the divine shield minions come back. This deck was really hard before when I was a druid. The key to this match up is that I added more low cost minions to help early game, and to keep your hand realtivly low. They rely on the fact that they play their hand, and then use divine favor to draw 5 or so cards. I've made this deck and it's extremely effective. My deck uses swipes, and low cost minions to match. Wrath, claw, hero power can help out too.

Mage Freeze/Control/Damage
You got to play this smart. Never putting more than enough minions down. Aoe cones, freezes, and flamestrikes will end your game fast if you keep putting minions down when you can. I've found that a heal from Ancient Lore master to sometimes be what I need to stay in the game. Try to use your hero power often to keep sheilds up the entire game if they keep nuking you hard.

Priest Toughtsteal/Lightwell/BS

Actually not to hard. You have ways to deal with clerics early (wrath or turn 3 claw + hero power). most of your powerful minions are 4 health. Save your silences for buff minions etc.

Hunter Unleash the Hounds decks

Early aggression will sometimes get them to waste beasts. Black Knight > Houndmaster if they use him. Get taunts down quick, sometimes even if you are fast, and they get the right removal + silences, it can be tough to go agaisnt this deck. I find keeping your life total up and aggression help a lot.

Deck. Ysera is being used as sorta my finisher until I can craft Ragnaros. But I think this deck leaves lots of room for people to tweak and test out. Report back if you find something that works better. So Far I've only lost 1 time at 3 star masters playing all night 15 or so wins....... two of my wins had me at 1 life lol. But a win is a win ;)

2x Claw
2x Wrath
2x Acidic Swamp Ooze
2x Faerie Dragon
1x Ironbeak Owl
1x Big Game Hunter
2x Harvest Golumn
1x Scarlet Crusader
2x Swipe
2x Keeper of the Grove
2x Starfall
2x Azure Drake
2x Druid of the Claw
2x Starfire
2x Argent Commander
1x Ancient of Lore
1x Black Knight
1x Ysera /(Ragnaros)

How I play it.

I save wraths for 3 damage, and use hero ability if they have one life. One exception is if I'm hitting something with high attack and i'm low or halfway on life already. Agaisnt a Priest if you havn't gotten them down to 6 or so life by turn 8, and you have a black knight and druid of the claw. Make the taunt, they will 90% of the time be tempted to take him. You can use black knight. Yes you lose your druid of the claw, but at least you've retaken board control for the same 2 for 1 trade he just did to you.

harvest, scarlet, faeries tend to stay out while you use hero power and spells to clear board and plink them with those minions. Then drake/commanders/Druid of the Claws finish it late game.

Wrath, Drake, Starfire give you some adequate card draw, while using ancient of the Lore late game. I prefer Ancient over nourish, because of the 5/5 minion to help with board contral. Sometimes it forces a shadow word or flame strike.

other tips, Always be aware at what turns classes active. Turn 7 Mages will AOE 4 damage. Turn 8 Mind control priests. Turn 6/7 Unleash the hounds . Turn 5/6 Paladin divine Favor.
Edited by Skaith on 11/2/2013 10:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
so your 30th card is the black knight? I would swap out one of the Oooze's for a more versatile low card :D just a tip. I love the deck otherwise, liked.
Reply Quote
Opps, Forgot to post the black knight as one of the cards, Brownie points for iPnDisciple for catching that.

What more versatile low cost card would you put in?

something in the 2/3 mana range?

Tinkmaster?
Another Owl?
Edited by Skaith on 11/2/2013 10:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Wow, Just played a match with someone that had king krush and senjin taskmaster down.

Next turn I played Big Game Hunter + Black Knight and took complete board control to win the game. LOVE that black knight BGH..........

I drew a Ysera at the end, and ended up doing the final 4 damage with her attacking, but Really really really want to switch her for Rag, because it would have been a sure win 2 turns earlier.

Edit:

So after playing pretty much nothing but Mage/Hunter/Priest, I've won the last 6 games in 3star masters. I'm really really happy finally with this druid deck. It's rush/control. I tend to win around turn 7 but I'm also a great late game control deck for some reason. It handles Mind Control pretty well if you play smartly.

One change I want to make is Ysera. She is killing me. Always in my hand and never a good moment to play her. Because the deck always gets board control, you end up losing it if you play her. I want to replace her with something.
So I'm thinking:

Hogger?
Slyvanna?
Tinkmaster?
Ragnaros?
Another Big Game Hunter?
or one more Ancient of Lore?
Edited by Skaith on 11/2/2013 10:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Great deck, sadly I'm coming across similar results by turning my deck into midrange control as well. It seems Blizzard has a made a game where no-brainer 2 for 1's like harvest golem rule the day.

Your deck is exactly like mine except i switch black knight for Thalnos, and i keep the 2 yeti's instead of crusader and the 2nd ooze.

I've noticed that I do considerably well against mages and of course priests. What really surprised me is that I beat 2 out of 3 WarMurlock decks last night. I'm feeling very good about this deck (and yours as well), if I can get a faerie dragon and a wrath in my opening hand then my opponent is in a world of hurt.

I switched out Ysera for Rag in basically all my decks, Ysera is easily the most overrated card in the game.

What are your thoughts on ditching the Yeti's for the 2nd Ooze and Crusader, because to me my deck is feeling more and more like aggro-control mage with inferior spells.
Edited by Icarium on 11/2/2013 11:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Kinda pointless to have all those 2 drops with no sunclerics in the deck.

You'd benefit way more if you could make room for two sunclerics.

Beyond that looks pretty standard for druid control but, with all the two drops seems more like aggro than control. Guess that fits the current meta.
Edited by LuckyLurch on 11/2/2013 1:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Been running this deck all afternoon with Icarium's changes plus one of my own. Here are my results (note most loses were right at the beginning as I got used to a new deck)

Shaman: 0-2
Druid: 2-0
Priest: 5-2
Hunter: 3-1
Paladin: 0-1
Rogue: 2-0
Warlock: 4-3
Mage: 2-2
Warrior: 1-0

Here is what I am running:

2x Claw
2x Wrath
1x Acidic Swamp Ooze
1x Demolisher (Loving this card forces removal or wrecks havok)
2x Faerie Dragon
1x Ironbeak Owl
1x Big Game Hunter
2x Harvest Golumn
2x Chillwind Yeti (At Icarium's suggestion)
2x Swipe
2x Keeper of the Grove
2x Starfall
1x Azure Drake (I only have 1x Azure Drake right now so subbed in Demolisher)
2x Druid of the Claw
2x Starfire
2x Argent Commander
1x Ancient of Lore
1x Bloodmage Thalnos (At Icarium's suggestion and also because I don't have Black Knight)
1x Ysera

Put Demolisher in after reading another thread that mentioned it. Great card that really puts the pressure on early game.

Had a fun little run in with a priest where I was sitting at 12 health and he buffed a Gurabashi Berserker up to 14/14 and he was tasting the next turn win. Much to his surprise he caught A broomstick to the face care of BGH allowing my other minions to finish off the win. I just crafted BGH today for this deck. Already paid for himself after that and taking out Rag in another close match.
Edited by Chemrainfall on 11/2/2013 4:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think Bloodmage Thalnos can replace the ironbeak owl in skaiths deck, otherwise it looks very good. I wouldn't get rid of the Black Knight

I understand that the Ironbeak owl on your own rag is a devious combo, but Bloodmage+Swipe or Starfall is just too good to pass up.
Reply Quote
Bloodmage is exactly what is suppose to replace the owl. I guess I could try tinkmaster / Kobold in it's place too.....
Reply Quote
Skaith, Bloodmage is a perfect low cost versatile card, exactly what I mean by swapping out that ooze. I run him in my deck :) the 6 mana cost bloodmage + swipe is just hilarious
Reply Quote
chemrainfall, I love your deck, bloodmage for ironbeak is viable, but both are good strategies, you just have to play the card correctly and not blow your silence.... bloodmage is a bit more verstile imo but thats just the opinion. Also, I do like the Starfall card, but I do not like having 2 of them. This deck has so much control etc, that the extra single target minion dmg or aoe to me just isn't worthit. I would swap that 2nd starfall out for a gadgetzan/faceless maniuplator/windrunner for card draw/minion steal/minion steal, or even silver hand knight for that extra removal. Just a suggestion that I am putting on the table. I have found myself consistently with that 2nd starfall in my hand wishing it was something else because they had no minions on the board :D
Reply Quote
If they don't have minions on the board, you are doing something right. And Yes, I wish I had a bloodmage legendary. I would add him if I could guyz!
Reply Quote
Hey Skaith, you could know what card would be perfect for your deck...?

Wait for it...

Wait for it...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]