when is the unleash the hounds nerf coming?

Damn this fotm crap, the card needs serious balancing, just increase the mana cost off the card so we can stop this cheesy bull!@#$ that is happening right now.
Might as well consede the second you meet a hunter because board clear doesnt mean crap when he can spam a bunch of low cost +dmg cards and have a army that kills me in 1 turn or juse it once and half way kill me then lategame the second one pops up and says bye to my hp.
Reply Quote
Yeah, fix it already.

Then again it appearently takes a genius to fix god damn WoW Warriors as well.
Reply Quote
Damn this fotm crap, the card needs serious balancing, just increase the mana cost off the card so we can stop this cheesy bull!@#$ that is happening right now.
Might as well consede the second you meet a hunter because board clear doesnt mean crap when he can spam a bunch of low cost +dmg cards and have a army that kills me in 1 turn or juse it once and half way kill me then lategame the second one pops up and says bye to my hp.

Board clear also doesn't matter against a mage, druid, or warrior that isn't running any (or many) minions. OTK Hunter isn't the only deck that uses this strategy. If all you're doing is building a deck that answers the minions your opponent plays, then expect frequent losses against more creative decks.
Reply Quote
Hi!

I like how everyone have such creative ways to balance the card. I'm truly saddened to see what has happened to the hunter forums.
Edited by Typoko on 11/7/2013 11:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
The card will not be nerfed...Why...BECAUSE ITS BEEN KNOWN SINCE BEFORE THE GAME WAS OUT. Nerfing this card would kill the class all together, how about instead of complaining you actually read some of the 10+ ways to counter this deck.
Reply Quote
10+ ways to counter it, ROFLMAO. How do you counter a hunter putting down 4 minions at once and charging you? ROFLMAO.
Reply Quote
11/08/2013 10:39 AMPosted by Fame
10+ ways to counter it, ROFLMAO. How do you counter a hunter putting down 4 minions at once and charging you? ROFLMAO.

...by playing a well-built deck wisely, and winning in the first 7-8 turns before he's able to get the combo off. Seriously, unless you're playing control and stalling all game, most games are won within the first 8 rounds anyway.

I seriously haven't read a single post of yours that has said a single positive thing. Seriously. I think you honestly come to the forums just to be a downer. You're the very definition of troll.
Reply Quote

The card will not be nerfed...Why...BECAUSE ITS BEEN KNOWN SINCE BEFORE THE GAME WAS OUT. Nerfing this card would kill the class all together, how about instead of complaining you actually read some of the 10+ ways to counter this deck.

Really? Check this direct blizzard quote :

"Unleash the Hounds can blow you out in a single turn, without any minions on the table. We’re going to take a look at this card to see if there are some changes we’d like to make for the next patch. We haven’t decided on a direction yet."

Like I said, I told you guys it would be nerfed. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Edited by Bloodshot on 11/8/2013 6:46 PM PST
Reply Quote

Really? Check this direct blizzard quote :

"Unleash the Hounds can blow you out in a single turn, without any minions on the table. We’re going to take a look at this card to see if there are some changes we’d like to make for the next patch. We haven’t decided on a direction yet."

Like I said, I told you guys it would be nerfed. Enjoy it while it lasts.

With as much whining as people do, I don't think anyone is surprised this card is getting changed. The worst card in the game would get nerfed if this many people whined about it.

That said, all they've said so far is "we'll see". It's not outside the realm of possibility that the card will stay exactly as it is. They realize that it can be a very powerful combo, but no Blizzard employee has yet said it is too powerful.
Reply Quote
I called it as well, even though I said something along the lines of: "sadly, I highly believe UtH will be nerfed due to the sheer volume of people complaining, even if the card isn't truly overpowered".

I suggest people who spent tons of dust on OTHER cards to make this deck with the SOLE purpose of using all these cards to go along with UtH to chime in on this topic: http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/10262446669

Basically, UtH is a SINGLE CARD that is required for this deck to work. So many players crafted not only UtH, but THE ENTIRE SET OF OTHER CARDS TO GO WITH THE DECK CONCEPT. Those other cards will NOT be available to get a full refund unless people speak up about this issue.

The Battle Rage nerf was different since no deck relied 100% on that specific card in order for it to function. UtH is REQUIRED for this deck to function. Players should not feel screwed over because they crafted stuff and it is NOT the fault of players that Blizzard wasn't smart enough to realize that UtH may or may not have been balanced before the patch with the card adjustments that also had the card wipe. Players should NOT be screwed over because of Blizzards failure to recognize this.

I think following the nerf of UtH, players should be able to DE ANY Hunter card, plus any Neutral card so that they can get full dust back.

Again, I think it is really important for people to chime in on this thread:
http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/10262446669
Edited by animal on 11/8/2013 8:00 PM PST
Reply Quote

Ever heard of "Taunt"
Reply Quote
Trying to counter it w/ taunt doesn't work. Makes me think you don't know anything. The only way to counter that is aggressive swarm style play, which is popular among higher level players (probably because it counters slow developing decks like UTH and control decks). But it's annoying to have to play swarm because it makes the game very RNG. You win if you get a nice enrage snowball going early, but if you pull wrong cards you get crushed.
Reply Quote
Did you just call this a creative deck? l.o.l.
Reply Quote

Awwww butthurt priest tears are nummy. How about they get around to fixing your 34 card decks first?
Reply Quote

AN EASY RUSH DOWN / CONTROL will ROFLSTOMP over a hunter deck because you're constantly clearing the board and you'll probably kill the hunter before he reaches the 7 odd mana stage to throw all his !@#$ down.

Play more. You'll understand.

I hardly see hunters anymore in rank or whatever because they know it's that easy to counter.
Reply Quote
ways to counter the whole UTH combo

as hunter: 1, 2 mana explosive trap

as mage: counterspell

as druid: with a combo of intervate and wild growth. you should have NO issues beating a hunter that is going UTH by turn 5 even if hes holding his card. which is what you have to do as hunter to make it work

as rouge: same deal as the druid. with your combo cards zerging someone that plays no creatures in 7 turns is cake

as warlock: a little bit harder then the above 2 but you will ALWAYS have the card advantage so it shouldbe simple to zerg the hunter

as priest: well your SOL and im sorry but thats hilarious. can dish it out but will cry when you get wrecked

as shamans: you will have at least 1 taunt by that point just from totems not includeing other cards in your hand. should be no issue to stop the rush ( i know this cause i main shaman) i laugh at hunters

as paladin: i do not know paladins much but i know that one secret where you summon a 2:1 defender will ALWAYS stop the kill on oyu. thing about a UTH deck is its like useing nos. it gets the job done. but if you dont win with it your shot afterwards and have no more answers
Reply Quote
If you are playing against a variant of UTH, some run flare which sadly removes the secrets like explosive trap, counter spell and ice block. That and owl when you have 1 taunter out.

Argus is great if you can get two taunts out without them removing minions prior (to get two taunts out).
Reply Quote
If it were me I would probably not change the card unleash the hounds. I would fix this by making the young dragonhawk and ironbeak owl no longer beasts.

Would that fix the issue?
Reply Quote
If it were me I would probably not change the card unleash the hounds. I would fix this by making the young dragonhawk and ironbeak owl no longer beasts.

It would fix the issue in the sense that it would remove two of the extremely few beasts that are even marginally useful outside of Hunter decks, leaving the beast tribe even more the ghetto of "This is a Hunter specific card which for some reason lacks a green border. Also, it's bad." It would significantly weaken every Hunter build that exists, and would weaken UTH combo decks less than most of the others.

The problem card in the deck absolutely *IS* Unleash the Hounds. Starving Buzzard is a distant second place. The rest of the cards in the deck are either solidly mediocre neutral minions, standard control cards no better than every other class has access to, or Hunter specific options that are relatively unique but not particularly powerful. Even Starving Buzzard is a minor issue compared to the ability to give up to 7 minions +1 attack and charge.
Reply Quote

It would fix the issue in the sense that it would remove two of the extremely few beasts that are even marginally useful outside of Hunter decks, leaving the beast tribe even more the ghetto of "This is a Hunter specific card which for some reason lacks a green border.

emperor cobra, dire wolf alpha, jungle panther?

Also, it's bad." It would significantly weaken every Hunter build that exists, and would weaken UTH combo decks less than most of the others.

Sounds like your admitting that all hunters decks rely on dragonhawk, not jsut the UtH variant.

The problem card in the deck absolutely *IS* Unleash the Hounds. Starving Buzzard is a distant second place.

i disagree, otherwise why is bloodlust and savage roar not such a problem? The idea of a mass overwhelm is not the problem, its charge + windfury + silence + draw that is, and in my opinion the best way to leave the most options available to hunters would be to simply remove the windfury from that equation.

The rest of the cards in the deck are either solidly mediocre neutral minions, standard control cards no better than every other class has access to, or Hunter specific options that are relatively unique but not particularly powerful. Even Starving Buzzard is a minor issue compared to the ability to give up to 7 minions +1 attack and charge.

Again bloodlust and savage roar do this, why are they not a problem as well? i am not saying nerf the dragon hawk for everyone , but simply remove it from teh beast combo. leave it a 1 / 1 windfury but no longer a beast. Honestly even making the owl a non beast wouldnt do a thing to this combo outside of not being able to draw when its played.

The combo is fine without windfury and or charge, I simply suggest the lesser of two evils then.
Edited by TotalPutts on 11/20/2013 8:27 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]