Frozen Trap backfiring

I'm using a trap heavy deck and winning quite a few games, but I haven't been able to use Frozen Trap effectively yet. I can see how it could be useful, but not when the opponent attacks with a Houndmaster and get's it back so they can give the buff to a second minion. A Shieldmasta attacked when he was down to 1 hp. Do you think it's worth the risk of possibly giving the opponent an extra buff or healing one of their damaged minions?

Do you think it works best in a certain stage of a match, early, mid or late?
Edited by Lucid on 11/7/2013 12:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hi!

It's a tempo card and won't work on every kind of deck. It prevents damage and makes the enemy summon the same minion again to have it on the board. The cost is also increased by two so it will be relatively expensive. If the game goes for long the returned minion usually hits the table again.

It can be compared to Sap from rogue. Sap is still much better card as you can target it while FT adds the two cost to the minion.

Where i have found it usefull is when you want to avoid damage to yourself or to a critical minion at early stages. 1/2 cost minions are made quite bad when the 2 cost is added to them. In late game you can sometimes return a big minion back to the enemies hand. 9 cost minions can't be played anymore back to the table if they can't reduce the 11 cost any way.

Tho, traps are something that higher level players know how to work around. Good players won't charge their biggest minion first. I play misdirection instead of FT at this point. Won't protect minions but usually they are killed by spells anyway.
Reply Quote
Freezing trap can work wonders if used correctly.....or if your opponent doesn't anticipate it. In one match, a priest buffed a Novice Engineer into a 12/12. My Freezing Trap sent it right back to is hand. He had to use 4 cards to get that, so he wasted a ton of energy to get that, and I stopped it with one card. So Freezing Trap does have its uses.
Reply Quote
Yes I can't tell you how many games I have won because of this card. People have straight up rage quit after I sent their 16/16 rogue comboed questing adventurer back to their hand. It is great at all times of the game, It is almost an always post reactionary card as opposed to a prepare ahead of time defense. You want to make sure you have the best chance to send back what you want and not that battlecry card draw gnome instead.
Reply Quote
its like a improved untargetted sap with prevention of the attack :o
Reply Quote
I honestly wish you could choose when to activate your secrets. Kind of like trap cards in YuGiOh. But if they did that they would need to make more cards that counter secrets like Flare. Either a neutral card that everyone could use or a class specific for each class would be nice. I assume every class will have secrets in the future, or I'm hoping since I mostly play Shaman but really like the secrets... Only time will tell
Edited by Mooreo on 11/8/2013 5:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
My problem with Freezing Trap is its interaction with Misdirection. If you have both dropped both will activate, but cancel out misdirection. Misdirection will activate first, then before the minion hits the other minion, it will activate Freezing Trap and throw it back into their hand.
Reply Quote
Hi!

11/09/2013 09:30 PMPosted by Iskande
My problem with Freezing Trap is its interaction with Misdirection. If you have both dropped both will activate, but cancel out misdirection. Misdirection will activate first, then before the minion hits the other minion, it will activate Freezing Trap and throw it back into their hand.

Atm how the traps are working you shouldn't have Freezing, Explosive or Misdirection on the board a the same time. I hope that they look in to this and at least fix the issue where ET screws up Misdirection. If ET is before MD and something gets under 0 Health, it shouldn't be targeted anymore just like Arcane missile won't overkill. If MD happens before ET the attack should at least happen so that the attacker takes damage too. It has happened few times for me that the attacker tried to attack something that got killed by ET and then he could have completely new swing at me as the attack didn't happen. :/
Reply Quote
This card is like deadly shot, only use it while there is a limited amount of things on the board, and hope they don't have charge.

some times just playing will delay attacks and benefit you.

Its good but you have to play it at the right time. very hard to sort out the right time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]