Unleash The Hounds balance

Just about every Hunter I play in Constructed follows one play style: control the enemy's board until 10 mana, then pop out two buzzards, a few low-cost beasts, and Unleash The Hounds to secure a one-turn-kill while the opponent cannot even react (the one time I wish Blizzard copied MtG's "Instants")

I know when this is coming, but I still can't really resist it due to Hunters having strong clear abilities (Deadly Shot, Arcane Shot, Hunter's Mark, Explosive Shot, etc) that are sure to be used on whatever's stopping them from carrying out this inane combo.

Every hunter match seems to end like this:
http://i.imgur.com/7AH97xo.jpg ---> http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv139/DODcrazy/Oh-boy-Here-we-go.jpg

And if I'm lucky (or they aren't good at math), I can end on a good note. This is pretty rare, though:
http://i.imgur.com/e0ZXD2b.jpg

If the charge is removed, it would still be a powerful spell (+1 damage on every beast for 1 mana). It's just suddenly counter-able now that your minions need to have either charge or wait a turn. If the hunters clinging to UtH REALLY want to keep it, they'll stick a few Tundra Rhinos into their deck.
Edited by John on 11/6/2013 8:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
Its a glass cannon build really. Pressure the hunter early/mid, save your AoE dmg cards for the right time, and just try to force him to throw down minions through-out the game and kill the weak beasts.
I dont find this OP at all.
Reply Quote
save your AoE dmg cards for the right time

how would you do that if they win the same turn they play all the cards?

Even if you play minions like taunt they have, deadly shot,, explosive shot, kill command and multi- shot you know for that chance that you might play more then one. ANd if not they can just use it to burn you down more to get an easier turn win
Edited by Furydeath on 11/7/2013 12:23 AM PST
Reply Quote

Just about every Hunter I play in Constructed follows one play style: control the enemy's board until 10 mana . . .
If you let any class control the board that long, they'll probably win. Every class can build up to crazy combos if you let them. I'm not saying UtH is balanced or doesn't need a nerf, but regardless, you can't complain about what happens on turn 10 if you let them have control for most of the match until then. Change your deck and strategy to focus on better board control and you'll probably do a lot better.
Reply Quote
The problem is it can be done at 7 mana+ so you really cant react to it at all. Steady shot first couple turns to build up your low cost beast, timber wolf makes em all 1 dmg stronger and poof you die. Theres no way to counter this unless you have a very strong taunt up but chances are he will remove it the turn before he does it. So you need 2 strong taunts up in a row to even stand a chance. The charge needs to be removed or it needs to cost 3-4 mana to not allow a full board of minions.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]