Game not playable since 2nd week of beta

Been trying to play on an iMac and Macbook Pro. Both are min requirement (with extra hard drive space and ram).

Have continued to ask for help from blizzard on forums with no reply.

After clicking the game the spinning wheel is all that happens on both machines.
Reply Quote
Sonicross, I just had this problem (albeit on a Dell desktop) but I fixed it by closing Hearthstone, exiting Steam, and reopening Hearthstone. Not sure if that helps but maybe you can close other applications.
Reply Quote
Same problem on 2011 MacBook Pro dual monitor running Mavericks. It took me a week to figure out how to get past the battle.net launcher beta agent.db bugs. Finally got the game to run. Played around with options and started a match. Exited and quit. After this, each time I start the game, the opening screen graphics appear, the big hand cursor appears, but the start game button never appears in the middle of the screen. The game window is too wide, doesn't fit the screen, and cannot be resized. When I try to click anywhere in the game window, the spinning ball cursor appears and I have to force quit the game.

It has been a week and no change. I have been a Mac user, WoW player, and a programmer for years. Its hard to test and give detailed feedback when you can't get past the first screen.
Edited by Ranodok on 11/27/2013 9:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
I can't even see the first screen. The app "opens" and appears on the dock and that's it - I don't get anything else.

No title screen, No logo, nothing. Just the spinning rainbow wheel.
Reply Quote
Ok, I'm done for now. Nothing has changed. Saw the same thing with Lord of the Rings Online Mac client a year or two ago with massive memory leaks. The developers couldn't even change settings files to use UNIX pathing. Just now uninstalled Hearthstone and when trying to install fresh I am back to the Agent.db problem. It is basic programming to be able to populate the first question drop down menu: What language would you like to use. Why someone has to fiddle with the main Agent.db daemon to fix this is beyond belief. Card games are such simple gaming interfaces when compared to something like WoW. This is the first bad experience I've had with Blizzard since I started playing WoW on Mac in 2006. Recent Battle.net beta was beautiful. Let us know when you get your act together.
Reply Quote
I have this problem too on my brand new macbook retina display. installed hearthstone, and each time i try to play it takes me to the gates and the cursor changes to the hearthstone hand. then the spinny wheel spins forever and you have to force quit. lame... i want to play on this computer :(
Reply Quote
I'm not running Mavericks.

No answers. No comments. No suggestions.

I have spoken on the phone with tech support and tried their suggestions, they don't work.

I would even settle for a blue post "hey we know it's an issue we are working on it." NOTHING….
Reply Quote
Let's make the game go live to OPEN BETA, when it STILL DOESN'T work!
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Sonicross, let's first address any possible interference from other processes running in the background, and we can work from there.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]