Why Hunter OTK is too strong

They have too many cards that can stall thus preventing the other player from even being able to out rush them.

*Explosive Trap
This card should only deal damage to minions, I have played games where if I had an extra 2 or 4 HP I would've been able to survive the onslaught.

*Freezing Trap
They need to make this card only trigger when a Minion is attacked so Hunters actually have a reason to play something other than just use their hero power and pass the turn.

*Explosive Shot
5 mana is too cheap for what this card does considering Hunter already has an aoe secret. Either make it 6 mana or adjacent minions only take 1 damage instead of 2.

*Unleash the Hounds
2 mana because at turn 7 you can easily to 20+ damage if your opponent has no taunt out.

I'm not saying all these nerfs should be considered but something has to be done with this strat. There is no reason to play any other hunter deck except OTK.
Reply Quote
Hi!

You understand that these nerfs would make the whole class worse? Hunters are rather bad to start with and to nerf the most common strategy you want to nerf the whole class... thats just ignorance. Try to focus on what you can do to the problem without breaking everything else around it at the same time.
Reply Quote
Hi!

You understand that these nerfs would make the whole class worse? Hunters are rather bad to start with and to nerf the most common strategy you want to nerf the whole class... thats just ignorance. Try to focus on what you can do to the problem without breaking everything else around it at the same time.

I don't care what you think of my suggestions but something has to be done against Hunter, just for the sake that no other Hunter style is viable when compared to OTK.
Reply Quote
Hi!
Hi!

I don't care what you think of my suggestions but something has to be done against Hunter, just for the sake that no other Hunter style is viable when compared to OTK.

So let me get this straight. You say that nerfing the cards that every build use will make the other builds better. Ok, that makes sense. My bad.
Reply Quote
11/08/2013 03:55 AMPosted by VoidBro
no other Hunter style is viable when compared to OTK.

Ooh, so close to getting it right. What you should have said is "no other Hunter style is viable, period."

OTK is strong. Every other Hunter build is weak. Not just compared to OTK. Weak compared to everything everyone else is playing, across all classes. You can't nerf OTK without first giving serious thought on how to make the class competitive as a whole.
Reply Quote
What is OTK?
Reply Quote
I must admit that hunter have too much opportunities to NOT get hit by the opponent.

And when we attack with our minion to the hunter player, we won t be able to hit him at all ! but all our minions are dead ! explosive trap !
Reply Quote
One Turn Kill - in this case unleash + 1 million beast, and finish opponent instantly
Reply Quote
I must admit that hunter have too much opportunities to NOT get hit by the opponent.

And when we attack with our minion to the hunter player, we won t be able to hit him at all ! but all our minions are dead ! explosive trap !

So you prefer to get your minions killed instantly instead of being able to do something about it? That makes a lot of sense.

Explosive Trap is the worst AOE in the game. Just use your brain before running into a secret. Just attack him before you play your other minions and the situation for him will be the same as last turn. I will gladly give up that trap for a consecration.

I think the OP is the first person to complain about Freezing Trap. Nothing more to say here oO

Explosive Shot is in line with other spells. Look at Swipe for example. It's really not that hard to place your minions in a favourable way. Just play "small-small-big" instead of "small-big-small". He will probably have to use his entire turn to use this card, but one of your minions will still be alive. You will lose some minions (wich is the point of removal) but you will still have board control.

UTH is the only way for a hunter to trade efficiently right now. Beasts are weak, period. You can make up for that with UTH two times in a game. Would you ever add a Raptor to your deck? No, because it's extremely weak compared to other 2 mana minions.

One Defender of Argus breaks the UTH-OTK-Combo in most cases. You should remember that even this deck should be able to win 50% of the time (wich isn't even the case against smart opponents). That would be balanced, breaking it entirely is not!

How many UTH decks have you seen in the recent tournaments? Exactly...
Reply Quote
Just because you lost doesn't mean something needs to be changed.
Reply Quote
12/06/2013 07:50 AMPosted by PsYcHoO
Explosive Shot is in line with other spells. Look at Swipe for example. It's really not that hard to place your minions in a favourable way. Just play "small-small-big" instead of "small-big-small". He will probably have to use his entire turn to use this card, but one of your minions will still be alive. You will lose some minions (wich is the point of removal) but you will still have board control.

I agree 100%. Learning to correctly place your cards and WHEN to place your cards is so important. Stealth and faerie = key to life!
Reply Quote
@OP Since the OTK build has been stated as being the only viable build for hunters. Adjust your play-style when playing against a hunter and ASSUME it's an otk build.

I'm not sure how much livestreaming or youtube videos you watch regarding hearthstone, but I watch a LOT of it. No one ever says that hunters are OP. Ever. I know streamers that will not play a hunter in arena because they are so UNDERpowered. This general consensus among streamers would suggest, as would previous posters in this thread, that hunters actually need a buff so that they can viably play OTHER builds, not just the OTK.

Lastly, you can't win them all. If you lost it's because mistakes were made on your part and/or your hand was crappy. We just have to (learn to) play around it for now...

Just my .02 as a newbie.
Reply Quote
uth is really the only viable hunter deck tho
Reply Quote
Hi!

Good, UTH is brainless. Maybe they can buff hunters in another way to make you the least drool cup class in the game.
Reply Quote
Hi!

Good, UTH is brainless. Maybe they can buff hunters in another way to make you the least drool cup class in the game.

And until that day comes, there are no reliable decks to be played as a Hunter so the nerf should not have hit without a fix elsewhere.
Reply Quote
Hunter OTK isn't even that great if you have the right deck to play against it. My problem with it is that it's simply mind numbing to play against. You are basically playing against a absentee player for 7-8 rounds who usually knows nothing more than a YouTube video he watched on the deck.

Then when he fails to pull off the OTK they just bail almost EVERY single time. Feels like playing a 5 yr old who thinks he's clever only to get his face smashed in then he runs off and pouts.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]