Molten giant/Brewmaster/Warlord Combo

I play against the feared Giants Combo deck occasionally on my mid-game warrior deck. I often take a while to build up a good board position because of their opposing board control, but the match-up typically results with them hovering around 15-20hp and myself with an effective 50 hp with armor.

They normally give a latch ditch effort or concede on turn 15ish as the armor just keeps climbing. What should the Giant deck do against this?
(waiting to save up for molten giants so I can try it myself ^.^)
Reply Quote
This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen in this game. I had 30 hp complete board control he has 10 Im sitting on mind controls and a pain ward death I should win the game and then he just OTKS me with this ridiculously stupid combo. There is no counterplay unless I just saw it coming and played a taunt for no reason even though he had NO minions on the board and burned a warsong commander for free earlier. So I'm just supposed to mind read he is about to do this and play a taunt? Incredibly unfair and frustrating to play against.
Reply Quote
Not read his mind. Read the board and know the cards. He was in a lethal position to you. What else was played? What *wasn't* played? How large was his hand? etc.
Edited by Mario on 1/1/2014 5:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
Its the sign of stop !@#$%ing. If the warrior has a full hand and hasnt done ^-*! to you in 6 turns, its kinda obvious this is what hes doing.

You stack your board pre 7 against mages too?

Seriously?

Not to mention he needs SIX, count em, SIX cards in his hand at what? 10? Life to effectively do 30 dps. Thats without you having a single taunt on the board, which you probably should.

God damn stop crying the entire warrior board is filled with this
Reply Quote
Whats more funny is you just cried about unfair meanwhile stating you had a mind control in your priest deck.

Cuz you know, priests are the bees knees to play against. Nothing like a 10 Cost to effectively win you the game at any given time.
Reply Quote
Its the sign of stop !@#$%ing. If the warrior has a full hand and hasnt done ^-*! to you in 6 turns, its kinda obvious this is what hes doing.

You stack your board pre 7 against mages too?

Seriously?

Not to mention he needs SIX, count em, SIX cards in his hand at what? 10? Life to effectively do 30 dps. Thats without you having a single taunt on the board, which you probably should.

God damn stop crying the entire warrior board is filled with this

11/10/2013 12:26 PMPosted by Etherlight
The most important thing about this combo is that he can't play this combo unless he's at a certain health threshold, cause he needs a minimum of 5-8 mana for this combo to work (3 from Warsong, 2 from Brewmaster and another 2 if he tries to play another Brewmaster).

If you suspect he'll try and do the combo, clear his board and make sure to never have him at 10-12 health (13 is safest). You can assume that three of his cards will be a Molten Giant, Brewmaster and Warsong, and warriors have bad card draw, so keep control of the board and he won't be able to deal with the multitude of minions you placed on the board, which also allows you to kill him in one turn before he can even combo. Multiple taunts are nice as well, as he can't afford to clear them without weapons.

You sir. You are the first dude in 5 QQ posts that actually expalin to these idiots how to literally destroy this deck. By far this is the hardest combo in the game to make work. To really otk someon, your looking at 6 cards IN YOUR HAND at 10 life maxium.

Are we serious right now? How obviously is it that this is about to happen? Maybe I dunno... leave him at 13 life till u can kill him?

Maybe use secrets that sorta counter this stuff?

Maybe... JUST MAYBE... use taunts which literally DESTROY this combo immediately.

Thank you sir, for intelligently stating what I could not .
Reply Quote
01/01/2014 02:18 AMPosted by Blinky
This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen in this game. I had 30 hp complete board control

"Control"...seeing as how you lost, I think it's obvious who was the one in control that match. Just because the warrior player chose not to flood the board with minions does not mean you have control over the situation.

These "1 turn kills" are very rarely OTKs literally, but rather it is a systematic process of baiting, controlling damage, and careful planning over numerous turns, with the final culmination (if successful) being in a large burst attack that is hardly surprising. The molten giant combo should not be a "OMG HOW DAT HAPPEN??" surprise. There is a lot of build-up to get to that point, and thus plenty of room for counter gameplay.
Edited by Zone on 1/3/2014 11:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yep, abuse this deck while you can guys. Most certainly on deck for a nerf. RIP in pieces molten giants/warsong commander combo
Reply Quote
11/10/2013 12:03 PMPosted by Ebilk
The biggest weakness to a Molten Giant charge Deck is that the warrior needs to be super low hp to pull it off. If you think the Warrior is playing that deck, don't bring him too low. Molten Giant only costs 0 mana at 10 health or below. Put him down to 15 and secure board control. Finish him off when you actually have enough damage to kill him outright.

until u realize it's a standard warrior deck that can just flatout kill u without the combo and he could just have a warrior to swing at ur tank to take himself down
Reply Quote
As I said in the other thread...

Warsong Commander should give all "Warrior Units" Charge, and only Warriors class specific cards should be considered "Warrior Units". This will let them use the charge guy to give other Warrior Units charge, but not effect Giants, Worgen's and such.

That will nerf the combo but still allow Warsong to be viable in the right decks.
Reply Quote
i have yet to win against this deck as paladin/priest.
its just ridiculous you have to get a fast win against the warrior and thats never easy considering his weapons and spells dont let you amass minions
i have also tried to "wait" and try to burst him down from around 20 hp but whenever you get close to that bam Brawl card destroys you.

giants need a nerf. also the warsong commander needs to cost more mana.
Reply Quote
well i have the combo in my deck,
Its 6 cards dont have to only do that, can win without the giants, and commander is good with my illidan too, and brewmaster can be used for my other minions to gain value.

What im saying is, im not trying to stall into it, il get there eventually.

Maybe its better to use a stall deck but not that fun and sometime a early pressure win game instead.

besides i dont think its that OP.

paladin can have 2 card combos for way less mana and easy to use to clear board..
like equality + pyromancer or concecrate.

Personally i think its the easy boardclears of the other classes to put warriors into this corner to have a chance.
Edited by khadorian on 1/11/2014 12:20 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]