Why do hunters have this card?

Sorry I forgot the name but I just discover they have a Zero mana cost card that changes a minion hp to 1. Isn't that a little much for not costing anything?
Reply Quote
You just lost a game. Get over it.
Reply Quote
Hi!

The card is not that great. In most cases it forces you to use 2 cards to deal with 1.
Reply Quote
why you like that? I just want to know why something that cost zero mana does so much compared to other zero mana cost cards.
Reply Quote
Because card advantage is the most important resource in most card games, and using Hunter's Mark AND another spell just to kill 1 creature puts you at a disadvantage.
Reply Quote
11/09/2013 12:59 PMPosted by tScPapabear
Sorry I forgot the name but I just discover they have a Zero mana cost card that changes a minion hp to 1. Isn't that a little much for not costing anything?

Mad priest overbuffed a minion and had it gibbed by a boar. Next time don't put all your eggs in one basket. Cuz piggy gon git ya
Edited by Karasuko on 11/10/2013 5:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
It's good for what it does, but as has been said, you almost always have to run a second card into whatever you marked. It brings very little value in terms of card-for-card tradeoffs, and needs to be used very cautiously to bring any value at all to the user.
Reply Quote
so i wanna use my multishot, and i cant kill your creature with a 7 toughness.... so i mark it and kill them both... wonderful card!
Reply Quote
In the big picture, it isn't that great. Because you need cause AND effect.

Playing a zero mana card, then having to blast, it or hit it, with something else is putting you behind. Why?
Because if I had a 5/5, nerfed it to 5/1, pinged it, I am using TWO cards, instead of ONE.
Also, potentially killing my ping if its a creature or not, and even if it doesn't kill my creature, it didn't do 5 to the face, and now is low on health, and can be killed itself.

Less is ALWAYS more.
Reply Quote
I personally play warrior. so I am looking at this as an alternate option to execute.

execute is a bit better, but hunter's mark has no cost. seems right to me.
Reply Quote
and yet look at say Hex, 3 mana to turn it into a 0/1 with taunt...or Poly, 4 mana a 1/1 that doesnt do anything. the card is unbalanced when you look at the other cards that do the same type of thing. and to people that say its not that great because you use 2 cards to kill one, look at it from this point. say they play something like gruul. 8 mana, 7/7 pumper. id throw away 2 cards that total 1 mana to kill it...at least a poly/FB combo is 6 mana, and a hex is 3 mana. its fairly unbalanced, almost to the point of MC
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]