Druid missing a trump card

Playing as a druid, for the most part and all the way up to level 24, i think ive got an alright grasp of the class; however i think that the class as a whole is missing something. I was wondering if whether others felt that the class feels slightly lack lustre in comparison?

Firstly, whenever i play against a class with a lot of magic/ turning tide (as in, in one card they can bring down your whole offence/ defence) what i mean is mages polymorph, shamans hex, paladins humility or repentance. Other classes that I've played a bit, like the warlock and paladin, seem to be able to bring the heat on the other player, after losing a powerful card especially past 5/6 mana.

Now some may see we have naturalise, but the secondary effect of drawing 2 cards almost negates the killing of one card, because unless you utilise it early,chances are, the mana is high enough to play both of the cards. I would suggest either adding similar drawbacks to hex, polymorph etc or removing draw +2 ,giving the druid a much needed trump card.

Don't get me wrong, i don't proclaim to be a prolific druid in any shape or form, but i've just noticed that mages its a 50:50, shamans is about 30:70 and i think i've rarely won against a paladin and i think my win was a fluke.

So i was just wondering has anyone else thought this about naturalise and class weighting?
Edited by Lliriel on 11/13/2013 8:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
Druid of the Claw
Starfire
Ancient of Lore
Swipe
are probably are best cards

But we definitly have some misses in my opinion

Savage Roar
Marks
Power of wild
healing touch
Reply Quote
Savage roar and mark of the wild are verry good cards basicly but they dont fit the way most people play druid. The cards seem to be made for a deck wich uses alot of low mana cost creatures and most druid decks dont do that.
Guess will try this today,savage roar+mark of the wild deck,it looks interesting enough to try. Will have to use mostly basic minnions for this as druid themselves only has 1 low cost creature.
Reply Quote
Savage roar and mark of the wild are verry good cards basicly but they dont fit the way most people play druid. The cards seem to be made for a deck wich uses alot of low mana cost creatures and most druid decks dont do that.
Guess will try this today,savage roar+mark of the wild deck,it looks interesting enough to try. Will have to use mostly basic minnions for this as druid themselves only has 1 low cost creature.

Silence kills your mark spells, which everyone is running. Creating a huge card disadvantage. At least this is what I've found.

My most successful use of Mark of Nature is on Ancient Watchers. I just did it last night and got a 6/7 taunt on turn 2. 4 turns the priest had no answer (Was expecting a shadow word of death), and my dragons were free to ping away at him.

See at least in this case, a slience lets your Ancient Watcher attack. He's a Yeti for 2 mana!
Reply Quote
Even the Warriors at least have Execute.

And I find that Warlocks make due because of their card advantage from Life Tap, and using Soulfire with an empty hand to negate the discard late game for easy removal.

This is why remotely-competitive Druids need Keeper of the Grove in their decks.
They require the extra silence to throw around, because if they used their Ironbeaks or Spellbreakers, they have no other efficient way to kill a Divine-Spirit-Inner-Fire-FenCreeper.
You can't even cast 2 Starfires in a single turn unless you have Innervate...

Another thread already covers how Naturalize isn't good enough and what improvements could be made.
Personally, I think Naturalize just needs to be made into a "Choose One" card.
Flexibility is the Druid's unique mechanic, it would give the card continuity whereas currently, it sticks out like a sorethumb.

The drawbacks would still have to be pretty annoying as it is a 1-cost.
Ideas:
-Summon a 1/4 taunt for the opponent
-Give the opponent 8 armor
-Give the opponent a mana crystal
(These are all based on the 3-cost value of other cards)

The other popular idea is making it usable on allied minions, but that would be gloriously overpowered. Use it on a Loot Hoarder after it attacks and you just dealt 2 damage and drew 2 cards for 2 mana.

11/13/2013 12:31 PMPosted by Skaith
See at least in this case, a slience lets your Ancient Watcher attack. He's a Yeti for 2 mana!

4 mana, given that you needed the 2 mana to bait your opponent into using a silence. And that's assuming they didn't hit it a good few times already.

I find Mark of Nature very successful if you combo it with cards that have already spent their value.
Like an Ironbreak Owl or a Damaged Golem. This draws attention away from your other minions. Spreading out your buffs to split their attention is the work-around for Silence.

It's more efficient use of cards, and you don't have to waste a slot on Ancient Watcher.

----

TL;DR

Yes, Druids are missing a failsafe removal card.
No, Swipe, Starfall, Starfire, and the other cards aren't enough. That is because at the end of the day, none of those cards can deal with a Double-Divine-Spirit-Gurubashi like a Poly/Hex can.

This why Naturalize exists, every class needs a failsafe card to use against those obscenely buffed or disturbing minions; Naturalize needs buffs or Druid needs a new "trump" card.

And I think the Mark of the-wild/nature are great cards.
Edited by JunCurium on 11/13/2013 10:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
Replace naturalize with Tinkmaster Overspark, great for late game removal and Druids have more then enough spells/big guys to stop a stray devilsaur. Much better then giving an opponent 2 cards

Also spell breaker is the card your looking for to stop the mega buffed minions, cobra also works
Edited by Stannis on 11/14/2013 2:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
Replace naturalize with Tinkmaster Overspark, great for late game removal and Druids have more then enough spells/big guys to stop a stray devilsaur. Much better then giving an opponent 2 cards

Also spell breaker is the card your looking for to stop the mega buffed minions, cobra also works

Yep, I run a tinkmaster, but I don't think I could recomend anyone wasting dust to craft him. (so many other good legendaries first).

@JunCarium
Also the Ancient Watcher is the anti Agro deck, and has been working pretty well. I run 4 siliences (spellbreaker, Keepers of the grove) so I can run the silence. I don't have to bait them.

Additionally I have Defender of Argus, and the 2 mana taunt guy as well. So it's very easy to get taunt on the ancient. Most of the time, I don't use the marks on the ancients.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]