Kidnapper

A poorly designed card over-all. I foresee changes to kidnaper in the future.
Reply Quote
They are currently being used for rouge mill decks.
Reply Quote
would it be nicer if it could be like "set your hp tp 15", new hero power maybe a 2/2 weapon or somthing similar, but "if u kill a minion put it in your hand. it cost 3 less (+charge?)"

i think any kind of change would be better than this card as it is now..anyway..
Reply Quote
See thread here: http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/10973847413

Most people are not pleased with Kidnapper. (Or most of the Rogue epics to be honest) There are some notable suggestions like pull a minion into your hand, or simply put the word Charge on his card. Though it seems likely this card and the Rogue epics at large will not receive attention until after release. Just keep track of these ideas so when the time comes we have good data, and reasonable replacement ideas handy.
Reply Quote
This card is like superbad except in the bananizer deck, which is fun but also quite bad :)
Bananizer is with cho and king mulka + sap/kidnap/vanish/shadowstep/brewmaster/murloc
Reply Quote
i feel like im posting sumthing off topic but this could be a idea for kidnapper i was planning on moving it to its own topic but this is the message:

Hello Rogues and fellow readers :D

http://switch-league.com/images/pick-pocket-card-wish-2.jpg

I would like sumthing like this: ill keep dreaming, but enjoyed myself creating this im no pro :D in art works so sumbudy els have to do that part but had a great time creating this cartoon of existing cards.

And the idea would be that pickpocket could pick a take, 1+ dmg or 1+ heath from a minion and move it to are kidnapper for example in combo it would take 1 mana from oponent.
Edited by ZeNz on 1/18/2014 5:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/18/2014 03:07 AMPosted by ZeNz

BEST

ART

EVAH

XD
Edited by Husky on 1/18/2014 9:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/18/2014 09:01 AMPosted by Husky

BEST

ART

EVAH

XD

So much win! Find a way to incorporate him living in a van down by the river and you win the internet.
Reply Quote
Useless card unless reworked. Sure, the mechanic of bouncing a card is great and all.. but the card at face value is junk. 6 mana for a 5/3? Are you kidding me? So not worth it. You might as well strip this card of its "Epic" rarity and make it a card that comes with leveling the rogue (it is seriously THAT bad of a card). Kidnapper on the other side of the curve so it hardly even works for combo-ing which, after all, is what makes rogue special and why card bouncing is such a nice mechanic.

Silly card, needs to be reworked before it's viable. Someone said make it a 4/4 for 5 mana. Now that's an idea. Make it actually seem like an epic card. I mean honestly, this card doesn't even read like an epic card or fit the description of one. Maybe a rare...maybe....
Reply Quote
First of all I love this card. It's a core card in one of my bounce decks. But it seems my love for this card is being serverly punished.

This card is one of the worst in the game imho. 6 mana combo is too ahrd to pull off. It's even rare to get to a point in the game passed 8/9 mana where u can use them too full advantage.

I really hope this card gets redone so my bounce deck get more wins then the 17% it has now. This is mostly my own fault. I'm trying to make a bounce deck that really works. But I feel one of the reasons why it's performing so bad is because of the kidnapper. And I refuse to let it out, it's one of the core cards in the deck.

But my suggestions for it to make it better are:

1. make him cheaper, simple to implement and at 5 costs u can use it in combination with panda at 7, this seems good to me and most of the time U'll get to turn 7.
2. give it stealth, at least when u put it out it doesn't die straight away which happens most of the time. ANY low removal deals easily with this card. Forstbolt, wrath, warriors axe, the rogue combo thingy, all of them kills it right away so nice to always see it burned striaght away.
3. remove the combo, just give him a build in sap this makes it much easier to play this card and u don't have to wait till turn 8 to play it with the combo effect.
4. like said before make it a 4/4 like the sleath giver. harder to remove.

So please give this lovely kidnapper some love blizz...
Reply Quote
I have a lot fun/troll with it by having
questing adventurers, edwin vancleef, shadow step, conceal, saps, preparations, gadgetzans and coldlight oracle. With `Kidnapper` you would have 3/5 (shadowstep) return to hand ability. You may burn opponent cards with coldlight, and if u can manage to keep advanturers alive+ vancleef around turn 7 u might have 3 12/12 on the board. Its pretty occasional but undeniably fun to play.
Edited by Terror on 11/18/2014 10:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
Oh really? The brewmaster returns your minion for actually, no cost (3/2 means normal 2 mana with effect, so the ffect costs 0,5). and sap 2, but 5/3 means than can be killed by any 3/2 or 3/1 monster, who cost only 2 mana... even with a mad bomber or a abusive sargent with an imp or a spectral spider. Just tooo bad card, should be 5/6 or 4/7 or 6/5
Reply Quote
Definitely should be cheaper and not require a combo. As it stands, Kidnapper is an atrociously horrible card no one who know what he hell he's doing would ever use.
AMAZING this issue STILL has not been addressed... Way to care, Blizzard
Reply Quote
Sap is not guaranteed in the fast games of today, since you need 6 mana to play it and another card to activate it.
So its not a 5-3 for 4 + utility, if it forces you to play another card to get Sap.

Rogue is a incredibly quick at burning cards, most of the time you wont have a low cost one to go with it, unless you're playing mech to get tokens.
Reply Quote
If he was 3/5 to be honest the stats would make it more worth it.

I can only really see this card being useful versus maybe Druid or Priest, where a third sap might be useful.

But otherwise this card sucks. You can't even sap Boom.
Reply Quote
As I said numerous times:

Kidnapper
6 mana 4/5
Battlecry: Return an enemy minion into the opponent's hand.

No need to be a costly Brewmaster, we already have Sap, let's focus on that more. This way it also rhymes with Anduin's Cabal Shadow Priest, which is also an epic, has the same cost and has a useful effect.
Reply Quote
In my opinion, they should rework the card into a mind control type of card. When I first used it, I was surprised that his combo effect was just a sap. I mean, his name says kidNAPPER.

There are several ways to rework it. As many people has said, make it a battlecry.
If combo, i think a cool mechanic could be; "take control of an enemy minion with 3 or less attack/health, combo if 5 or more attack/health put it in your hand" then the mechanic is good, but not too good because you need to play the minion next turn full cost.

If they want to keep the current card stats and cost, they should at least add "cost 3 more, if friendly cost 3 less"

They could even make it so that cards you bounce keep current buffs, if that is even possible.

Have to go for lunch! Later.

Edit: added some stuff
Edited by Tjallex on 3/3/2015 8:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
With a price and stats like that if it still requires a combo it should be taking control regardless of targets stats
Edited by RuslPrime on 3/4/2015 1:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
He used to be like this: http://prntscr.com/6d78sj

I guess it got nerfed back when rogue was actually OP. Nowadays it wouldn't be an actual issue to have it that way. 5/3 and a simply sap effect comboing a 6 maná cards it's just awful
Reply Quote
Hey BLizzard! Do something already - literally NO ONE thinks this is a good or at least relevantly balanced card!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]