Lord of the Forest vs. One of His Mothers

I have been revisiting Cenarius in place of Ysera in Icarium's mid-range deck with great success. I know everyone will say use Rag but I don't have Rag so :p heh.

Ysera is such a situational 9 drop, either you are dropping her as a finisher on a won/nearly own game or you are hoping for to stall/Hail Mary a losing game. And the results in the latter case are a coin flip at best.

Cenarius, who I once thought to be mostly useless has really been pulling his weight. The 2/2 buff can turn the tide of a well matched game or regain control of a game that is slipping away. The two taunt option can buy you a turn and leave you a 5/8 drop.

I will agree there are better legendaries out there but I have come to realize he is not as bad as he may seem at face value. Give him a try and see if he works for you.

"You cannot defeat me, for I am the heart of the land!"
Reply Quote
I think cenarius is a nice card.

It has more immediate effect than Ysera.

Ysera, you play it, and you have to wait a turn for it to come to full effect.

Cenarius however, the moment you play him, you have immediate effects on the board whehter you choose to spawn treants or get the 2/2 for your minions.

I dont think Cenarius is a bad card. In a winning position, his a great finisher to get that last remaining HP on the turn or if you are losing, you can hope for a stall with 2 taunt minions.
Reply Quote
Got ragnaros myself and its sold. I think its the only solid finisher we have :)
And vs anything xcept mages and priest you can just play him instantly
Reply Quote
I have been revisiting Cenarius in place of Ysera in Icarium's mid-range deck with great success. I know everyone will say use Rag but I don't have Rag so :p heh.

Ysera is such a situational 9 drop, either you are dropping her as a finisher on a won/nearly own game or you are hoping for to stall/Hail Mary a losing game. And the results in the latter case are a coin flip at best.

Cenarius, who I once thought to be mostly useless has really been pulling his weight. The 2/2 buff can turn the tide of a well matched game or regain control of a game that is slipping away. The two taunt option can buy you a turn and leave you a 5/8 drop.

I will agree there are better legendaries out there but I have come to realize he is not as bad as he may seem at face value. Give him a try and see if he works for you.

"You cannot defeat me, for I am the heart of the land!"

save up for that ragnaros, he's a life saver/game-changer no matter what. As a druid, you could even give him taunt :P
Reply Quote
Chem, I actually agree with you. I've run Ysera for such a long time, that it's only won me a few games in the past. More importantly it won slow games agaisnt control. But the META is different now. You need to stop the tempo sometimes.

I too was running Cenarius and Rag instead of Ysera and Rag, and seem to like it better. But if you only have one spot for a legendary, Rag is the better choice at 8 mana.
Reply Quote
Also, if you have brewmasters Cenarius is a much "better" bounce than Ysera, i mean you could still bounce to heal Ysera, but the battle cry of Cenarius is legend - wait for it - dary.

This coming from a big fan of soul of the forest - 0 Legendaries btw

On the other hand, draw potential seems the lackluster affinity for Druids, I see why Ysera is a popular choice.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]