Is it just me, or are Druids frustrating...

I don't necessarily lose to them a lot (I don't keep track, idk) but having all of those "do this or that" effects gives them a lot of control.

I always feel like I'm struggling to keep minions on the field against Druids.
Reply Quote
because its what druids do lol.

They have strong mid-late game due to their board control
Reply Quote
They also have a down side, their buffs are weaker for the cost. Paladins have a 1 mana +3 Atk card. Druids have Mark of Nature which gives +4 Atk or Taunt and +4 health for 3 mana. For one more mana Paladins also have Blessing of Kings, a +4/+4 that can turn a simple Reinforcement into a huge problem. That is just Pallys, don't even get started with priest buffs.

This or that cards for Druids makes the card either weaker or more expensive than if they just had the option you want (ie, if I always use the +4 health and taunt) meaning they are underused in most decks that would only want one of those desired effects. See Starfall vs. Consecration: thanks to rush decks I exclusively use the damage all option but for the same effect it costs 1 more mana AND consecration also hits the enemy hero.
Reply Quote
Yeah I just played a few rounds with a couple of different druid decks I was experimenting with, and I didn't realize that they have very little in the way of hitting the enemy hero - it's mostly all minion damaging cards.

I noticed the very high spell costs too. I think they're fun, but I haven't figured out how to play the class optimally yet.
Reply Quote
Yeah I just played a few rounds with a couple of different druid decks I was experimenting with, and I didn't realize that they have very little in the way of hitting the enemy hero - it's mostly all minion damaging cards.

I noticed the very high spell costs too. I think they're fun, but I haven't figured out how to play the class optimally yet.

I find it's mostly about taunts and late round. You can take a beating and just turn right back around thanks to a 3 mana +8 health card (I always carry two) and innervate can help you hit that late game two rounds early.
Reply Quote
Wind it's op. Email me.
Reply Quote
You also have wrath which is 2 mana for 3 dmg or 1 dmg and draw a card. Useful early game and late. They came ramp up quickly with innervate and also that free mana crystal. Late game it's great to decide between a 4/6 taunt creature or a 4/4 charge. Druids are annoying as hell and some cards are insanely cheap for what they do.
Reply Quote
To be honest, druid is my 2nd last choice right now and drifting towards last...I'm at 1* master and I won't play any further ranked with druid after today.

I just got the '5 wins druid or rogue' and decided to try the druid out since I detest the way rogue plays... I had a druid deck that I felt was pretty well designed, but it lost 4 matches straight to decks that just plain put out enough 3/2's early on to beat the crap out of it.

So, I swapped to unranked, and did a couple tweaks...lost 3 more straight. That's 7 straight losses... I haven't ever done even remotely that badly with any of the other classes. None of the decks I played against did anything special, and I had loads of board clear - 2x starfall, 2x swipe, 2x starfire, 2x wrath, 1 bite, 2x claws - lots of good druidy burn-ness.... it just didn't matter. I couldn't get anything on the board in any of those matches to survive a single round.
Reply Quote
They might be adaptable but you can take advantage of their mediocre/ subpar removal.
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 09:23 AMPosted by Arc
They might be adaptable but you can take advantage of their mediocre/ subpar removal.

WHAT? ROFL, they have plenty of removal cards. Druids are the biggest bs class also sometimes, druid is the only class in arena I went 9-0 with also. Druids are overpowered but yet no one can play them for some reason.. right
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 07:41 AMPosted by Fame

WHAT? ROFL, they have plenty of removal cards. Druids are the biggest bs class also sometimes, druid is the only class in arena I went 9-0 with also. Druids are overpowered but yet no one can play them for some reason.. right

Druid is the only class i go 0-3 with all the time
Reply Quote
They also have a down side, their buffs are weaker for the cost. Paladins have a 1 mana +3 Atk card. Druids have Mark of Nature which gives +4 Atk or Taunt and +4 health for 3 mana. For one more mana Paladins also have Blessing of Kings, a +4/+4 that can turn a simple Reinforcement into a huge problem. That is just Pallys, don't even get started with priest buffs.

This or that cards for Druids makes the card either weaker or more expensive than if they just had the option you want (ie, if I always use the +4 health and taunt) meaning they are underused in most decks that would only want one of those desired effects. See Starfall vs. Consecration: thanks to rush decks I exclusively use the damage all option but for the same effect it costs 1 more mana AND consecration also hits the enemy hero.

You make a good point but the druid cards aren't always worst off. kings does give a bigger statistical advantage but it costs more and is only focused on the stats. Mark of nature can give you extra defense + taunt, which can usually block damage for a turn or 2, or 5 damage, depending on what your current needs are. That can be just as scary as kings, and it costs 1 less, which makes it comparable. I don't think consecration is better than starfall; it just depends on the situation. Playing against a control deck, consecration wouldn't be very good -- hitting the enemy hero for 2 damage isn't really much of an advantage, and you don't have the option for hitting single minions for big damage with consecration.

Wrath is far and away one of the best cards in the game for the role it fills. It does the same thing as shiv, but also has the added bonus of dealing 3 damage instead to sacrifice card draw. A druid deck that doesn't run wrath is not playing up to its full potential.

If anything, I'd say that the druid's main weakness is that it doesn't have the conventional "kill a creature" card, like assasinate or the shadow-words, other than naturalize. Naturalize isn't a good option the majority of the time, because it gives your opponent a +3 card advantage. Without it, we have to resort to the traditional "burn them down" method of killing off minions, so stuff like divine shield or really beefy minions can really hurt the druids.
Reply Quote
Yea, My kill has resulted to three cards

Tinkmaster
Black Knight
Big Game Hunter.

This usually covers the end game baddies I need to kill off.
Reply Quote
Got to masters *** by solely playing druids.
I actually made some new adjustments to icariums core control set and seem to be working great for me.
(il have to test some more before i make you all happy with the list :))
Reply Quote
Yeah with the advent of the rush meta and many players net decking the previous managrind tourney decks Druid faces stiffer competition.

I have been tweaking the deck a bit as well and the turn 5-6 Blood/Swipe depending if you have coin or not is so strong against aggro/rush that Im also running 1 Koblod Geomancer to simulate a second Thalonos.

After a bit more testing I'll share some other changes as well.

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote
So, I have a question why is it that Mark of the Wild can only be applied to enemies? how does that make sense create a card that only buffs enemies? and gives them advantage, even though it a buff that is supposed to make your minions stronger? Is this a bug? because I just lost a match because of mark of the wild not working properly.
Reply Quote
07/26/2014 03:37 AMPosted by DesOrdo
So, I have a question why is it that Mark of the Wild can only be applied to enemies?

You can apply it to your own minions too. Maybe you had a bug.
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 07:41 AMPosted by Fame
11/16/2013 09:23 AMPosted by Arc

the two worst removal cards in the game are hardly plenty.
Reply Quote
I feel like Druids have the best start up in the game.
if they're lucky to get innervate into DoC or yeti.. you're MOST likely done for

even early taunt buffing gives alot of advantage to druid
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]