"Closed: The game was unable to log you"

(Locked)

I can connect to other server (Europe) but not to the NA (Server I had been playing all along), when I try it gives me that same message.
Ok then lets work from there
That didn't work for me either. I tried running it on a friend's laptop (which is the same as mine - Lenovo ThinkPad Helix) and it gave me the same message, but when I tried running it on his Alienware the game worked fine. Not sure why that's happening
I've been playing for a month with no problems.

Took a break for a week and came back yesterday, although I only had time to download the update.

Tried playing it this morning, got this problem. I'm trying again right now and still getting this error. Irritating.
Hello guys, I just received my key and I had the same problem.
Here is my solution:
Hearthstone runs at ports 1119, 3724, so download this program http://www.faqforge.com/windows/how-to-get-a-list-of-all-open-ports-on-windows-7-vista-and-xp/
Then find the ports and remove them (my Skype was blocking the port), start the game and you are ready to go :)
I hope i helped GL guys.
12/14/2013 05:05 AMPosted by Regex
Hello guys, I just received my key and I had the same problem.
Here is my solution:
Hearthstone runs at ports 1119, 3724, so download this program http://www.faqforge.com/windows/how-to-get-a-list-of-all-open-ports-on-windows-7-vista-and-xp/
Then find the ports and remove them (my Skype was blocking the port), start the game and you are ready to go :)
I hope i helped GL guys.

I downloaded the program however those ports don't appear on the list.
Nice idea but thats windows info - this is specifically in the Mac Forum. If there is an application for OSX that works similarly it might be worth posting that too.

Mine worked for one game and has frozen every time since or come up with the adorable, but frustrating, closed sign. When swiping out of the game to the desktop the dock shows that Hearthstone is not responding - this is when frozen, haven't yet seen what it says with the closed sign.
I'm having a similar issue on Mavericks.
Sometimes I get the "Closed: Your game timed out as it was requesting data from the Hearthstone utility service" message, and other times the game freezes once the clock/Gear icon/Friend icon show up at the bottom and I get a nice beachball mouse.

I tried reinstalling, allowing connections in Firewall, etc, nothing works. Started today for me. Yesterday everything was working fine.

EDIT: Reinstalled the BattleNet and Hearthstone apps again, and all of a sudden it works...
Edited by Sithwist on 12/15/2013 5:57 AM PST
Velnrak
Support Forum Agent

Let's first make sure ports 3724 and 1119 are being forwarded through your router and modem, and we can work from there.

well velnrak i have done all the possible trouble shooting steps blizz asked me to do still there is not progress it just dosent work i have got the key like 3 weeks back not even once it has allowed me to enter the game.

1. i have manually forwarded the ports
2. reinstalled the Game x 3 times
3. /flush /renew dns etc ...
4. done DxDiag / MSINFO and uplodaed it also.
5. Deleted " battle.net & Blizzard Entertainment" directories. still no use.
6. blizz support asked me to do this aswell " When that is done, close it all, and start up your Internet Explorer please, tap the "Alt" key and in the "File" menu scroll down and make sure that the "Work Offline" is not check in, then from the Tools/Internet options go to the "Connection" tab and press the "LAN settings" button ,On the new small window make sure that the "Automatucally detect settings" is set on and everything else is off, save and apply the changes then close down the Internet Explorer.

did that also still no progress.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Kraaxralis Customer Service Representative
Hey there!

Unfortunately, we've reached the limits of what asisstance we can offer through support with regards to Hearthstone - It isn't a released game yet - its still a beta so sadly there are situations where it simply will not work, and will require a beta update from the developers.

Our support teams sadly can only provide limited assistance for beta products.

I would recommend posting your issue on the Hearthstone forums at http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/10591461/ - They are in contact with our developers and quality assurance teams and they may know how best to troubleshoot this problem.

Note that the forum posters may not be able to resolve your individual issue, but all of the information you provide on the beta technical support forum will help us resolve the issue in the long term for all Battle.net users.

The technical support forum posters will probably ask you to run LogGoblin to gather your Battle.net logs and send them in. You can have them ready by following the steps for your operating system on the Gathering Battle.net Logs support article (https://battle.net/support/article/6662).

that was the last reply i got from the support team saying we cant help any more.
I still have this problem after trying everything suggested by both users and blues on both EU and NA forums (short of calling my ISP and switching from Dynamic to Static, because I use my computer on different connections depending on where I am). Please fix this Blizzard! :/
I too have the same problem, but I think I found a temporary solution.
I opened Battle.net app and clicked PLAY on HS and the CLOSED:........ error showed.Than I closed HS and Battle.net and logged into League of Legends (:D:D).Than I again opened B.net and tried for HS and this time I was able to play it.
So I think that by logging into League it manages to set your Internet connection alright and this allows you to log in HS. But you have to log in LoL every time you want to play HS.
Hope it works for you 2!!!
Sadly, this didn't work for me. :/
Got my key last night =/
Having this problem, did anyone find a solution?
Alright got a solution.
Log out of battle.net desktop client, and change your region to Europe.

Or whatever your region is.

Let me know if this works for anyone else.
This is happening to me too. How do you change the program's region after installation? I deleted and reinstalled to no avail. I was able to play once, but then it immediately crashed. Upon reboot, I was told I couldn't get into the game anymore. Confirmed all ports are available and open.
I have now been added to this unfortunate list of persons. I was the in the middle of an arena battle at which point I was disconnected from play. Since then I have been getting the "Closed Your game timed out as it was requesting data from the Hearthstone utility service. Please relaunch Hearthstone to reconnect" message.

I have tried a "scan and repair" (which reports no problems) and also switching to different regions (all had the same problem except China, which I could not log into). A full reinstall of both Battlenet and Hearthstone has yielded no solution (including erasing all Blizzard-related settings under ~/Library).

EDIT
Switching to a different ISP (my mobile phone) allows me to connect, but only on the secondary ISP. This is very strange considering no settings on my DSL modem were changed.

- SR
Edited by StaticReturn on 1/19/2014 7:10 PM PST
When i open Heartstone by the "Application - Battle.net" it launch the game but after there comes a devores when it says "Closed The game was unable to log you in through Battle.net Please wait a few minutes and try again, This "error" have been there for really long time. And there is nothing wrong with my friends when they launch the game, mabye its because I use IOX.

Please check it Blizzard, it really happends often, its really annoying.
Campus internet, can't access port forwarding. Was working until today and works fine for other people in my hall.
I had the same problem but I fixed the issue by turning off my VPN (PIA). If you're not using one, maybe the college you're at has a firewall or some type of proxy. Hope this helps you guys!
I get the same message but its only in certain parts of my school. Ill be at the library and it'll work fine. I go back to my dorm and try and nothing.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]