Way to improve Naturalize

11/13/2013 01:20 AMPosted by Beakyboo
A lot of these druid cards that sacrifice potency for versatility are a little lackluster in constructed I'm finding, when you really want to get maximum value out of your cards to deal with certain plays. I'd rate it higher in arena.

I disagree. I find Mark of Nature and Druid of the Claw to be amazing and must-have cards in Druid decks.

It's only Power of the Wild specifically that's disappointing to me.
I believe that upside is that the +1/+1 it grants is permanent, and it's a spell, allowing for special interaction with spell-triggered effects like the Auctioneer.

11/13/2013 08:11 AMPosted by Khymera
I almost exclusively used it for the panther(95% of the time or something silly) so I found ooze was a better card for my tastes.

This is my sentiments exactly.
Reply Quote
This card don't work in meta, where you have advantages in number of cards in your hand. But its great when you want to have advantage in potential mana use during combat.

In 2-5 turns (may be till 8-10 turns) mana is great issue. If you manage your deck and cards in hand right, you'll win game.
It's harder to play this stile, than meta like: play 1 card and get 1-2, or play 1 card and take off 2 or more from your opponent.

Some thoughts i will write later.
Reply Quote
When you are winning you do not really want to use this card, instead trade with other spells.
When you are losing and use it, you might even lose harder.

Up the mana cost, remove carddraw and be done with it. All other classes got an equavalent.
Reply Quote
I think naturalize is somewhat fine as a niche card.

Often case, as a desperate move, it will only make it worse unless it allows you to gain solid board control, because it will make you loose card advantage. In that case, it's a dead card in your deck.

It's niche cause it's often the only way to survive the mind control of your own ironbarks. Or, it can help land a killing blow bye getting rid of a taunt or a postponing your death by ONE turn if the board is not swarmed.

One way to improve the card would be to allow one to use it one oneself.
Reply Quote

I actually came into the druid forums to suggest this. Killing your own minion to get cards seems like it would help make it more flexible. It fits in the druid theme of being able to choose different ways to use a card.
Reply Quote

I actually came into the druid forums to suggest this. Killing your own minion to get cards seems like it would help make it more flexible. It fits in the druid theme of being able to choose different ways to use a card.

Choose One: destroy a friendly minion and draw two cards; or destroy any minion and your opponent draws two cards.

That would actually be somewhat in theme. On the other hand, murdering your own minions for fun and profit really feels more like a Warlock thing.
Reply Quote
Reword the card to be "Destroy a minion. Its controller draws two cards." and you have yourself a card worth playing.
Reply Quote
Raise cost to 2, opponent only draws 1? How about that.
Reply Quote
11/21/2013 05:32 PMPosted by Moncrief
Choose One: destroy a friendly minion and draw two cards; or destroy any minion and your opponent draws two cards.

This would be an awesome combo with Sylvanas.
Reply Quote
Honestly, leave naturalize alone, it's a useful "OH !@#$" card that's very cheap to play and helps keep pressure on your opponent. Sure they get to draw two cards, but you have removed a troublesome minion that either was powerful on its own and cost a lot to play/only has one of, or he has buffed it up, so all that happened is he got the cards he used refunded, but has to pay the mana again for whatever he drew.

That said, I don't think you really need more than one in a deck, especially since druids have a ridiculous amount of removal anyways (claw, swipe, wrath, bite, etc.)
Reply Quote
If your opponent was on 30 health, it would take 8 turns of him being out of cards in order to die. Milling decks will not work unless that time frame is sped up.

1 2 3 04 05 06 07 08 - Turns
1 3 6 10 15 21 28 36 - Cumulative Damage
Edited by Yamahako on 11/25/2013 12:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
The damage taken accumulates per card drawn not turn taken. You can effectively do 3 damage or more with Naturalize based on how many card draws he has been out of cards. I have won two games this way early on when I used Naturalize.

A milling deck could work if you could and this is a stretch play the round out until they are out of cards and then have enough milling cards to drain them. One forced card draw card is not enough. Even with a Coldlight Oracle and Naturalize you could only do 10 max damage if they hadn't taken any other fatigue damage yet. it is currently so rare for matches to go to the deck end it is not a viable strategy currently but maybe in the future depending on changes to the game and addition of more forced draw cards.

Using Naturalize to do this is a pure luck play that I have only had happen twice in probably 200 games played before I removed the card from my deck.
Reply Quote
Honestly, leave naturalize alone, it's a useful "OH !@#$" card that's very cheap to play and helps keep pressure on your opponent. Sure they get to draw two cards, but you have removed a troublesome minion that either was powerful on its own and cost a lot to play/only has one of, or he has buffed it up, so all that happened is he got the cards he used refunded, but has to pay the mana again for whatever he drew.

That said, I don't think you really need more than one in a deck, especially since druids have a ridiculous amount of removal anyways (claw, swipe, wrath, bite, etc.)

This.

I find it often be a dead draw which is why I don't use it. There are many other better ways to deal with most any minion that are more fun. Giving your Worthless Opponent a couple of cards rarely swung any game I used it in. You can check this by watching the cards they got from it when they are played (you have to pay attention to where they are in his hand as he plays other cards) but it can be done. Naturalize giving someone the winning cards is as RNG as any other aspect of the game.
Reply Quote
Apologies if this has been said, but what if you made it so the destroyed minion's controller draws two cards instead of just your opponent. This way, you have the option of sacking your own minion to get two cards, in addition to what the card does now.
Reply Quote
I was playing against a priest who was refusing to play any-damn-thing. He finally put out a novice engineer and had like 8 cards in his hand; I had an Elven Archer on the field. So I used two Naturalizes- one on his minion, one on mine, and ended up milling him for like 4-5 cards total. It'd be nice if there were more ways to do that. (one of those times that made me wish I had Coldlight Oracle.)
Reply Quote
I actually do have one Naturalize in my deck and the reason actually is for milling and it is also their for an emergency. For instance I was playing a priest and both me and him had 3 cards left and he just drew 1 card so he had two left.

My turn came around and I Naturalized and he started fatiguing just as I wanted before me. It took a bit but he eventually could not out heal the fatigue. Their have also been many other situations to where I've used Naturalize in this way.

Other instances are when my opponent has a pretty full and I decide to screw then out of some cards. If their hand is not full I will try and wait and use it at the right time.
Reply Quote
Yes! The naturalize finisher
http://i.imgur.com/UuBt4KO.jpg
Reply Quote
The card would be better, more balanced and more interesting if it read:

Kill a minion. It's owner draws two cards.
Reply Quote
Giving opponents card draw is always bad and the only time you would ever want this is to get rid of a Rag or Ysera etc. A few cards make this good.

You would never want to use this on anything smaller. Cards advantage is too important to givbe them freely to your opponent.

Yes it is the cheapest hard removal, but the card draw makes it bad
Reply Quote
To be honest, i like how it works. I use it for a milling/SD druid deck, it is quite fun and it destroys mages.
Edited by Kakado on 12/13/2013 12:32 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]