Power of the Wild

Just unlocked this card, been using it and enjoying it.

Wondering what more experienced players' thoughts are on this card.

Power of the Wild

Choose One-
Give your minions +1/+1; or summon a 3/2 Panther.
Edited by JunCurium on 11/12/2013 12:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
I like it. 3/2 for 2 minion is a solid turn 2 play. If you happen to have it your hand later it has the flexibility to be a 3/2 minion or buff your whole board to make efficient trades. It's also a spell so it has some synergy with cards like Violet Teacher and Gadgetzan Auctioneer.
Reply Quote
Also a note: It doesn't seem to trigger Snipe from Hunters.

Not sure about mirror image though.
Reply Quote
The versatility is nice, but it's always underwhelming as a 3/2 and it's often hard to actually drop the +1/+1 effect onto more than 2 minions. Although sometimes even just getting it on 2 minions will put them out of range of lethal damage and net a good trade. I think it's solid but it isn't one of those super potent class cards. The fact that its a spell has some advantages too.

A lot of these druid cards that sacrifice potency for versatility are a little lackluster in constructed I'm finding, when you really want to get maximum value out of your cards to deal with certain plays. I'd rate it higher in arena.
Reply Quote
I almost exclusively used it for the panther(95% of the time or something silly) so I found ooze was a better card for my tastes.
Reply Quote
I play a rush Druid deck and both of this card's options are great.
Edited by Tanasis on 11/14/2013 3:14 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]