Paladin and Warlock rush decks

I dunno, but I'm having a real tough time establishing control agaisnt these decks. I can usually get control back when I'm around 8 or so life, but then it's a losing battle most of the time.

Equality + concentration destroys any tempo or minions we have out, whilst dealing with Repetence, divine sheild minions, and blessing of the kings.... is just too fast for what we have.

Warlocks I seem to get really low but Jaraxxas comes out and I can get them back to 2 or so life before they kill me again.

Been adjusting my druid deck but it seems to be winning only 50% of the time now, and about 30% agaisnt these match ups.

Edit:

And I switched to a Murloc Warlock deck last night for a few hours and went 3 hours straight wins. It's ridiculous how much rush this game has turned into...........

And a 4 mana soulfire is so OP even with the card you discard...... I know, I've been using it in the murloc deck destroying any minions whilst building murloc army.
Edited by Skaith on 11/12/2013 10:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
Skaith I am currently testing Wild Pyromancer in my deck instead of the Clerics and this card in essence turns your Wrath's into Swipe's dealing 3 + 1 to all = 4/1, all for the cost of 4 crystals and if you have Thalanos in play you deal 5/3 + draw 1 card. They also act as proxy Thalanos when you in turn play Swipe for 5/2 on turn 6.

Definitely helps stem the tide against all those constant rush decks and can clear the board a few times when in those match ups so those Murlocs and Devine Shield minions get eaten for lunch.

Cheers,
CC-

EDIT: If you do this 2 times in one game they basically have spent all cards in hand after a board refill.

Also playing with Yeti instead of Twilight Drake since they silence the drake and take it out with a 1 or 2 drop or an Arcane bolt or another cheapo damage spell.....lame ;D I know it baits out the silence but it can swing the tempo if they clear your board that way.
Edited by CaptainCarl on 11/12/2013 12:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hmmm, thanks captn'

I'm going to tweak my deck and put a few more "spells" like the marks of wild (which help my BGH and Black Knight). Even putting the taunt on Pyromancer will make him last longer.

Going to try it out tonight. Sounds like it could be a lot of fun actually.
Reply Quote
Welcome to the current meta, I think the only way to win against these rush decks consistently is to play a faster deck than mine, like Jotto's last Druid tourney deck.

I've been so disappointed with high MMR players right now just using pally/lock/rogue rush decks and Mage spell control that I've been playing mostly unranked with Warlock control.

I refuse to play those decks, agro is by far my least favorite archetype in CCG's.
Reply Quote
Do you have a link to Jotto's deck? Was it a rush or aggro deck?
Reply Quote
I find the aggro Matchup comes down to going first. I really want the extra mana first to pop my swipe. So important to be patient and execute your removal at max value. The only time I really struggle is against the obnoxious pally draw card.
Reply Quote
Skaith played the modified deck for about 2 hours and I did well against the aggro rush type decks but for some reason it didn't feel quite the same against another control deck....I seems to be a bit starved for cards. It has its trades offs but I like the original build better. But there nothing more fun than dropping a Wild Pyromancer and playing a Swipe with an Azure Drake on table for for 6/3 damage at a cost of 7 crystals...felt like a mage for a second haha.

I will modify the deck a bit and add the Mark of the Wilds...seems fun with MGH and BK. Also put it on Golum make it Priest proof.

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote
I was thinking running angry crab(s), just low on dust at the moment, also can't decide what to switch it for, obvious choice is Faerie Dragons, but kind of would weaken the deck against other decks.
Reply Quote
Ghost I tried the Angry Crab route. Unfortunately, it sounds good but in actuality it rarely swings the game in your favor. I only have 1 anyhow but I think that is how many I would run...it is sideboard material though.

1. It is a dead card 9 out of 10 times.
2. Lets say your opponent is Warlock and you hard Mulligan for it ditching your whole hand. You see three cards then see another 3 and if you go first you expect MerWarlock to win turn 6 and if they go first you expect them to win turn 5 so the extra card is moot. You basically go thorough only 1/3 of your deck for that 1 hard counter and you will not see it all the time so when you need it you dont have it and when you have it you dont need it. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't help you overall.

But when you do pull it off you feel like the King of the World so for a fun deck go for it. For a competative deck leave it on the cutting room floor.

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]