Hunters who crafted UtH decks, speak up

We are in a unique situation here. Unleash the Hounds is REQUIRED for this deck to work. I know of many people personally who spent ALL of their dust to not only craft Unleash the Hounds, but also the accessory cards that go with it. Without Unleash the Hounds working as it does, since a nerf was announced as incoming (though no details yet), those other cards players crafted can be pretty much useless.

I had created a thread a while back as I expected a UtH nerf imminent, so here's the link:
http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/10262446669?page=1

Players should be granted the ability to DE ANY Hunter card for a full refund or any neutral card if they nerf Unleash the Hounds.

This is a unique scenario, like I said, unlike Battle Rage which is just a single card and no deck relies on that SINGLE CARD to power the entire deck.

Speak up or you may end up feeling screwed over.
Reply Quote
I agree, so many players know how to counter it now, especially in higher levels of master play. Nerfing it will be the end.
Reply Quote
I have a UtH deck.. warlock aggro is more to my liking though. More consistent, less dependance on getting specific draws.. can do stuff other than defend except for the one combo turn.
Reply Quote
Hi!

The beauty of UtH is that it's almost free. "Using all the dust" really doesn't come in play. Beta is beta and you are supposed to expect changes. They might do the same for UtH as they did for Battle Rage where you can get full refund on that card specifically, but UtH is a common card.

I think it says something that none of the Invitational Tournament players used Hunter and now they are just nerfing it more. :/
Reply Quote
Hi!

The beauty of UtH is that it's almost free. "Using all the dust" really doesn't come in play. Beta is beta and you are supposed to expect changes. They might do the same for UtH as they did for Battle Rage where you can get full refund on that card specifically, but UtH is a common card.

I think it says something that none of the Invitational Tournament players used Hunter and now they are just nerfing it more. :/

Husky did :P

Priest, Mage and Paladin were the top classes represented in the tourney my guess is both pally and mage will either be left alone or buffed.
Reply Quote
We are in a unique situation here. Unleash the Hounds is REQUIRED for this deck to work. I know of many people personally who spent ALL of their dust to not only craft Unleash the Hounds, but also the accessory cards that go with it. Without Unleash the Hounds working as it does, since a nerf was announced as incoming (though no details yet), those other cards players crafted can be pretty much useless.

I had created a thread a while back as I expected a UtH nerf imminent, so here's the link:
http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/10262446669?page=1

Players should be granted the ability to DE ANY Hunter card for a full refund or any neutral card if they nerf Unleash the Hounds.

This is a unique scenario, like I said, unlike Battle Rage which is just a single card and no deck relies on that SINGLE CARD to power the entire deck.

Speak up or you may end up feeling screwed over.

Full refund nice joke!
Reply Quote
The cards required to make this deck are absolutely dirt cheap. That's why everyone and their mother is running it now. It's gotten to the point where ranked is hardly any fun to play because of how frequently you run into this deck.

Good riddance net deck scrubs. You assumed the risk of crafting a blatantly strong deck that we all expected to get nerfed quickly. Now it's time to eat the nerf that comes with it. Have fun watching your MMR plummet without such an easy deck to play ;).
Edited by scycon on 11/9/2013 3:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
I deliberately did it, was sick of getting steam rolled by the god deck (priest) so much fun watching them qq when done in 6 turns.

All i can say is god bless YDH, that lil bugger is lethal with a few canine friends. Almost don't need starving buzzards in it to make it work.
Reply Quote
They're nerfing Buzzard to be removed turn two by half the hero powers in the game, yet they aren't even touching the gold standard for draw engines, NSC. UTH nerf is completely without merit, because the only way it works is if you have a way to fill your hand.
Reply Quote
I see how this makes the cheep OTK deck bad, but higher level ones that are more complicated still work just fine. I doubt you guys will be seeing any dust for this.
Reply Quote
Who says hunter won't get some positive changes from this? They're looking into specific cards that seem to "make the classes", like UTH, MC, etc.
Reply Quote
Could you post a link where they mentioned that they'll be nerfing several Hunter cards such as Unleash the Hounds and Starving Buzzard? I find it EXTREMELY ironic that they choose to nerf these cards and make no mention about tweaking Northshire Cleric.

As much as I really love the Hunter decks I really don't think that Blizz will be refunding the dust we used to craft the core cards for an Unleash The Hounds deck.
Reply Quote
I have never checked any forums or trainers to tell me how to build my deck and yet it appears mine is an UtH style deck. Just because its popular doesnt mean its the most powerful deck,

Rng plays an enourmous part in an UtH deck and now that the whiners have gotten their way some of us may have to try other things. i understand that people think UtH needs a nerf but tbh many other decks can beat it.

Unleash the hounds not only requires the right cards but the timing must be right too. the opponent might have secrets or hard hitting taunters to deal with before they can deal any damage to the player.

Play smarter and stop whining about cards needing nerfing all the time. Make constructive feeback posts to blizzard expressing your concern over how powerful you feel a car is or how unerwhelimng some cars can be.

I beat an opponent yesterday with UtH but he ha played Milhouse mana storm the turn before and activated my snake trap. Three snakes with unleash, dying on the taunter and buffing hyeana then causing large damage with one enemy. not loads of minions hitting but one causing lots of damage.

People dont complain about one monster causing 20 damage on turn 4 much it seems.

Enough ranting dinners ready :)
Edited by Carlieth on 11/13/2013 9:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
I have an UtH deck based on the one in Derek's thread and it's a good tool for farming gold and dailies for sure. I still lose more than he does, although I do win more often than not. I just lost a game where both of my Unleash the Hounds cards were in the last four cards of the deck. :/ That was actually a fun loss though as I was just left thinking "what are the odds?".

Anyways, I don't spend money on this game (other than 1 arena play just to get Gelbin Mekkatorque as I'm a completionist). I basically just do dailies and play a few extra games a day to farm gold to play in the arena and hope for good cards from the pack I receive afterwards.

I spent all my arena dust and even disenchanted my first legendary card to craft the cards needed for the deck. It took a little while, but I saw my win rate go way up after I had every single card (and realized how necessary every single card was).

That being said, I did this with the understanding that this is "beta" and changes could and probably would be made. So I won't be disappointed with Blizzard if they decide not to allow us to disenchant the cards for full dust refunds. If they do, that's great, but if they don't, no tears will be shed and no caustic words will be spoken (or typed).

Then again, I"m one of the those who supports a full card wipe upon "launch" so perhaps I'm one of a few in this camp. =) I guess I've just played in so many betas now that I just detach myself emotionally from my characters/cards/whatever.
Reply Quote
Good riddance net deck scrubs. You assumed the risk of crafting a blatantly strong deck that we all expected to get nerfed quickly. Now it's time to eat the nerf that comes with it. Have fun watching your MMR plummet without such an easy deck to play ;).

Oh, there are plenty of other easy-to-play decks. I do pretty well with Priest, Paladin, Mage, and even Warlock. But it's always nice to have decks for multiple classes for those quests and still keep up that MMR.
Reply Quote
so you play a broken deck, they demand a refund when they fix it?
Reply Quote
i didnt read all the comments here only the first.

i published my deck here and i had to use that card only once to win, i won a lot of games without using it.

so go view my deck :)
Reply Quote
Hi!

Huh, I didn't craft it.
Got two just from packs by just playing the arena.
Reply Quote
were you not in beta when Warrior's Battle Rage was changed? You can DE Battle Rage for a full refund (40 dust, as oppose to 5 dust).

i presume blizzard will do the same thing with all future cards that has it's effect changed, like UtH.
Reply Quote
UTH is funny to me, I can't remember the last time I lost to a UTH deck, but when I had win 5 games as hunter I brushed my UTH deck off and won 5 in a row. I really don't think it needs to be changed. Hunters in general really feel like they need a buff, not 2 nerfs, especially in Arena.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]