Counter to Unleash the Hounds

Lightwell into Holy Fire and then just keep the lightwell alive with power word shield and other monsters and support cards of your choosing. The lightwell can keep you from getting below 25ish hp and so you can just survive the unleash the hounds burst. I need more testing to make sure it works very often but right now it has worked against three straight uth hunters in a row! just have to get lucky if they happen to bring deadly shot.
Reply Quote
And what do you do when you're brought from 30 to 0 in one turn from UtH? I don't think you've played this game enough.
Reply Quote
i don't think you understand. a lightwell that deals 5 damage a turn (10 if you double its hp first) doesn't let a hunter get to turn 9 to be able to have the mana for the 30 damage unleash. I'm not sure you've played the build before you complained.
Reply Quote
While I do like the incitement to this post and how it is focusing on solving a problem you detected with your deck instead of crying out for nerfs left and right like all other people I must ask if it wouldn't be better to post this on the priest forums?
Reply Quote
every hunter otk should have an owl or 2 in their deck...

best counter i know is defender of argus! Abomination also works well. Sunfury Protector is a nice add to any priest deck...

But tbh best counters are shaman control decks!
Edited by Carapeto on 11/19/2013 7:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/12/2013 05:39 PMPosted by Omniwang
And what do you do when you're brought from 30 to 0 in one turn from UtH? I don't think you've played this game enough.

If they draw perfect for 6-7 turns to stay alive and have enough to do 30, then c'est la vie. But doing 30 is tougher than it seems even with the best grip of cards and UTH.
Reply Quote
there are a few combos able to do 30 to 0 in a turn... the advantages of this decks is that they can do it from hand and with little mana and very very consistently (huge card draw).

tbh, there are no bad hands on my otk deck... most time i don't even care to shuffle...

there can be a bad deck:P lets imagine you have all the dogs at the end of the deck but i can probably draw all my deck by turn 10 anw...

typically or you get a good counter deck/cards from your opponent or its a win...
Edited by Carapeto on 11/19/2013 8:16 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]