Priest opens with Northshire cleric..

At turn 1. Northshire cleric can't stop it
Turn 2.. power word shield.. can't stop it
Turn 3.. taunt creature.. gg.. ultimate draw set up complete

Concede.
Reply Quote
And then you get a silence in your deck.
Reply Quote
11/12/2013 10:41 PMPosted by Nihlist

The only 'good' silence is either Druid specific, or costs 4 mana, so what do you do until then 4? This is of course after he's summoned his second cleric and PWS and has insane card advantage on you...oh and SWP'd your minion?
Edited by Shandu on 11/12/2013 11:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
response to cleric turn 1:
fiery war axe, rockbiter, lighting bolt, backstab+shiv/hero, frostbolt, wrath, frost trap, sw:p, corruption, , feaire dragon, ANY other 3/2 mob, owl, silence.
as you see, very risky opening.
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone
11/12/2013 11:37 PMPosted by Shandu

The only 'good' silence is either Druid specific, or costs 4 mana, so what do you do until then 4? This is of course after he's summoned his second cleric and PWS and has insane card advantage on you...oh and SWP'd your minion?

There are plenty of silences.

Anyway, this Northshire Cleric combo may be annoying, but it's not unbeatable. Keep in mind that the Cleric basically can't kill anything due to only have one attack, which means you have to draw one card with it purely to break even, and you have to draw 2 cards to get advantage off of it. The question is, if you were player 2, how did you get 3 full turns without putting ANYTHING on the board? If you let your opponent just keep dropping stuff without you doing anything in response, you're going to get over-run no matter what they're putting down.
Reply Quote
No guys. You are giving rational logical choices that he could have made.

We all know Priest is OP and always win every game. It has nothing to do with the players skill or deck....
Reply Quote
Priest here..I believe ironbreak owl, which costs 2 mana, is a silence monster. However, i rarely see priests decks, including mine, rely heavily on northshire since its targeted immediately and usually a waste to drop on the first turn.
Reply Quote
response to cleric turn 1:
fiery war axe, rockbiter, lighting bolt, backstab+shiv/hero, frostbolt, wrath, frost trap, sw:p, corruption, , feaire dragon, ANY other 3/2 mob, owl, silence.
as you see, very risky opening.

lol stop trying to defend how OP are Priests now at the current state.
You can list 101 ways to beat a Priest here in Theorycraft but in actual, u also being slapped by Priest's 100/100 lightwell in the face pretty much.

In short, Priest need a real nerf, till then either I will make an irriatating priest to make other frustrated or just concede to them and move on, hopeful not another priest or hunter search coming up next I'm happy enough.
Edited by Seppy on 11/13/2013 11:35 PM PST
Reply Quote

We all know Priest is OP and always win every game. It has nothing to do with the players skill or deck....

This is retarded. Even though the OP of this thread was pretty raw with his explanation he has a more than valid point. Then dingus eggs like yourself come along and try to throw out that old chestnut with your sarcastic quote. As if youre original or something, to do their best to either A. Troll, or B.Derail the issue by basically using the schoolyard tactic "HEY LOOK EVERYONE LETS ALL LAUGH AT JIMMY HA HA". Juvenile.

What a lot of people are simply forgetting, is the early rate and pressure at which a preist who drops northshire cleric forces you to start making trades. Most of the time in their favor, or even. Rarely ever in your favor.
And thats simply if you got the proper hand to deal with a start like that (or drew into one)
So as the game progresses and youre burning your removal/damage on a 1/3 draw engine.....
That leaves you sitting pretty for the creatures they'll bring out later I suppose.

I mean wait. LETS ALL LAUGH AT JIMMY.
Reply Quote

This is retarded. Even though the OP of this thread was pretty raw with his explanation he has a more than valid point. Then dingus eggs like yourself come along and try to throw out that old chestnut with your sarcastic quote. As if youre original or something, to do their best to either A. Troll, or B.Derail the issue by basically using the schoolyard tactic "HEY LOOK EVERYONE LETS ALL LAUGH AT JIMMY HA HA". Juvenile.

What a lot of people are simply forgetting, is the early rate and pressure at which a preist who drops northshire cleric forces you to start making trades. Most of the time in their favor, or even. Rarely ever in your favor.
And thats simply if you got the proper hand to deal with a start like that (or drew into one)
So as the game progresses and youre burning your removal/damage on a 1/3 draw engine.....
That leaves you sitting pretty for the creatures they'll bring out later I suppose.

I mean wait. LETS ALL LAUGH AT JIMMY.

NSC is basically a pseudo taunt against anyone with any sense and a deck that's had a little thought put behind it (to clarify: thought in general, not thought in being built to specifically counter Priests). There's an abundance of 2 drops that can clear the cleric out easy. There's an abundance of cheap removal that can get rid of them. Silence makes the card effectively dead weight. All of which can be a 1/1 trade, (or in the case of 2 drops with 3/2, you're coming out on top). Sure, if they get off a PW:S first turn, it can be more annoying, but again, it's not all that hard to deal with, and it even means using a silence gives you a 1/2 trade in your favour.

I also don't get why everyone focuses on the 1st turn NSC drop as well? That requires the Priest to (a) be going second and thus have the coin, (b) have drawn both NSC + PWS in their opening hand and (c) be willing to gamble that their opponent won't just straight up remove/neutralise their primary draw engine. These conditions are met maybe 1 in every 20 games for me? And of those, 9/10 just end up with the NSC being removed in an trade that is either even, or in their favour.
Reply Quote
Thing is such priests gamble on the idea that most ppl will mulligan silence cards as a starting hand or betting his opponent won't have instant removal cards within turn 2.

it's pretty easy to defend the the NSC .. especially if priest starts first (or they have coin to throw it down on their turn 1).

most games that I get cheesed to death is when after they put NSC, a holy well comes up or they Power word shield the NSC and boost draw the next 2 more turns. That's already an excessive early draw card lead and wouldn't be surprised if they got their coveted inner fire / light spawn ready to go.

I burn through quite a few cards just to get rid of that NSC and all he did was use hero's holy power to heal. hence a greater card advantage right out the gate
Reply Quote
ive never been able to pop this combo lol.... if i ever drop a NS cleric turn 1, it always gets silenced turn 2 or 3 >.<

i only maybe once or twice got a pw: shield on the same starting hand or on the 2nd turn.

i did how ever make an opponent concede by playing 2 clerics :) but that was in the middle of the game and i had board control allready.
Reply Quote
I took Northshire Cleric out of my deck. It almost always gets taken out the minute I play it. With all this QQ, maybe I will try using it again, lol.
Reply Quote
Turn 0. You find out you're up against a Priest.

Concede.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]