Getting outdrawn...every time

I find Warrior's draw-card potential in the deck mechanics too weak. too many single draws

I'm getting runned over against multi-draw on-command draws (like priest draw-on-heal, or hunter draw-on-summon beasts)

I do great with card efficiency trades and board control for the first 5 turns then they drop the draw-on-command card and draw at least 2-3 extra cards more than me and dish out more than I can churn beyond turn 5. Then I find myself out of cards to deal with it (combined with priests instant removals.. GARRRGHH!!)

I've tried using neutral creatures that have draw cards but never matches well against hunters and priests that draw multi in a turn
Edited by Ravis on 11/8/2013 2:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
I know once I get some, I want to put some Acolyte of Pains in my deck. Lots of good ways to use them with warriors.

I think part of the problem is that other classes have basic cards that give multiple draws, while warriors have multiple expert pack cards that give 1 or more draws. It's just a matter of getting those cards to use with them.
Reply Quote
major glaring problem with warrior's expert pack drawing cards is they are fire-n-forget cards where there's no creature in the field upon use and only puts the proverbial bandaid to the oncoming onslaught.

Shield Block.. 1 draw
Slam (doesn't kill creature).. 1 draw

Slam needs to grant a draw REGARDLESS of killing the creature or not
Edited by Ravis on 11/8/2013 3:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
I built my deck around card-draw, trading, and armoring up, and it's been working out splendidly.

Of course, I just started this week, so maybe it's the opponents I've been going up against.

Novice engies, Gnomish Inventors, Shield Block, Battle Rage + Whirlwind combos, and I lucked out and got a Gorehowl in one of my first packs, so my deck basically laughs at most end-game heavy-hitters.
Killed a Molten Giant with a fresh Gorehowl, Murloc Scout, and from behind 12 armor. :)
Edited by JunCurium on 11/8/2013 4:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah, warriors really need expert pack cards to contend with other classes basic cards. Warriors seem to have some really fun cards, but I rarely get them in expert packs ):
Reply Quote
I built my deck around card-draw, trading, and armoring up, and it's been working out splendidly.

Of course, I just started this week, so maybe it's the opponents I've been going up against.

Novice engies, Gnomish Inventors, Shield Block, Battle Rage + Whirlwind combos, and I lucked out and got a Gorehowl in one of my first packs, so my deck basically laughs at most end-game heavy-hitters.
Killed a Molten Giant with a fresh Gorehowl, Murloc Scout, and from behind 12 armor. :)

Yep , my current deck is stacked with card-draw neutral creatures. but it's not enough cause most priest and hunters just about ALWAYS wait around turn 5 to launch a multi trigger to draw 3 cards in a single turn which snowballs into MORE card draws or mid-game big hitters.

Oh and when I try to rush down against it. They already drew a AOE and kill my entire early lineup
Reply Quote
jeeeezzzus cripes... even warlocks have a better draw mechanic. I steadily controlled the board and his massive draws busted my ballz.

W T H
Edited by Ravis on 11/8/2013 9:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
major glaring problem with warrior's expert pack drawing cards is they are fire-n-forget cards where there's no creature in the field upon use and only puts the proverbial bandaid to the oncoming onslaught.

Shield Block.. 1 draw
Slam (doesn't kill creature).. 1 draw

Slam needs to grant a draw REGARDLESS of killing the creature or not

I think I agree with this.
Reply Quote
I'm -in done with warriors. OUTDRAWN AGAIN
Every class has a KILL a unit DRAW A CARD bullcrap
Reply Quote
I'm -in done with warriors. OUTDRAWN AGAIN
Every class has a KILL a unit DRAW A CARD bullcrap

So then go play every other class.
Reply Quote
Warrior needs Acolytes to do much drawing. Any smart opponent knows this, and will seek to drop it either in one attack, or by using a non-damage KO/Silence to minimize or prevent your draws. Battle Rage fluxes between too strong and too weak, especially because half the time you're wasting a WW + BR just for draws, unless your stars aligned and you were able to make a bunch of very efficient trades while keeping your dudes up. It's wonderful if you have some board control, but awful if you're behind.
Reply Quote
11/09/2013 12:19 PMPosted by Watafool
So then go play every other class

this doesn't fix the problem lol
Reply Quote
The only multidraw card warriors have is Battle Rage but that in itself requires you to have 3+ units at 2 hp or more + whirlwind to set up to capitalize on the return.

The other classes take no brainers 1-step into draw on command
Summon beast? NO PROBLEM Starving buzzard + low cost beasts x3 or more

early game Heal draw on command? northshire priests + taunt creature + hero command every turn or heal battle cry minions
Reply Quote
My Masters 3* Warrior deck only has Novice Engineer for draw power and its hovering at about 70-75% win rate lol.

Will try testing it with Acolyte or Cult Master.
Edited by VoidBro on 11/11/2013 1:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
It sounds to me like the problem is not that you guys cant draw the cards in needed numbers, but that you are playing strategies that drop off in effectiveness after turn 5-6.

Try mixing in some dark iron dwarfs and chill-wind yeti. helps hold back the tide. and if you use dark iron to buff you warsong commander when it comes out (turn seven play) priests have a hard time removing any of it.

best of luck
Reply Quote
Yep , my current deck is stacked with card-draw neutral creatures. but it's not enough cause most priest and hunters just about ALWAYS wait around turn 5 to launch a multi trigger to draw 3 cards in a single turn which snowballs into MORE card draws or mid-game big hitters.

Oh and when I try to rush down against it. They already drew a AOE and kill my entire early lineup

If it's not enough, it's only because you're trying too hard to win the early game.
Warriors are pretty good at dragging things out, so give that some thought when you redo your deck. (From my experience, deleting your deck and starting from scratch is easier than nit-picking cards in and out if there's a lot to change)

I would recommend crafting a Cult Master. It's better than Acolyte of Pain, from my experience due to higher damage and simpler trigger.

After adding it to my already heavy card draw deck, I ended up burning out against a Hunter.
I survived 5 turns with fatigue before my opponent top-decked some removal and I ran out of sources of damage. :P

EDIT:
Having read your other posts, I'd say you're just not very compatible with Warrior.
Go try the other classes out, I'm sure you will find one that is a better fit.

11/11/2013 05:51 PMPosted by LifeStone
Try mixing in some dark iron dwarfs and chill-wind yeti. helps hold back the tide

In my humble opinion, Shattered Sun Cleric trumps Dwarf because it gives +1 health.
That +1 can seriously throw off a lot of opponent's math.
Additionally, it buffs a lot of standard 2-cost cards to 4 attack, which is the exact niche where Priests can't Shadow Word remove the card.

Chillwind Yeti is phenomenal for this exact same reason.
Dwarf is similar, but I find it tends to buff things to 5+ and it also means one more 4-cost that could tilt my deck's mana curve unfavorably. Depends on the deck, I guess. I'm still learning~
Edited by JunCurium on 11/11/2013 11:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
cleric does make your creature a bit more beefy,

In my humble opinion, Shattered Sun Cleric trumps Dwarf because it gives +1 health.
That +1 can seriously throw off a lot of opponent's math.

but dark iron dwarf puts warsong commander and gnomish inventor at 4 attack and immune to priest removal.
It also makes your deck a bit more bursty. and burst damage is kind of what makes warrior shine.

all in all both work, but you have to pick the one that fits your creatures. I have lots of 2 power cards, so I take dwarf to hit all important 4 damage, if you are running 3 power then use cleric.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]