Building Brewmaster Bounce Deck. Need Help

I'm working on a brewmaster control style deck using the rogue, since with shadowstep you could get quite a bit of replay out of many very useful battlecry minions, and it makes for potentially huge Van Cleef plays. However, I can't seem to get the deck into a working contraption and I was hoping for some tips on both deck building and playing it.

2 Backstab
1 Preparation
2 Shadowstep
2 Eviscerate
2 Ooze
2 Ironbeak Owl
2 Novice Engineer
2 Youthful Brewmaster
2 Perdition's Blade
2 Fan of Kinves
1 Van Cleef
2 Shattered Sun Cleric
2 SI7 Agent
2 Ancient Brewmaster
2 Senjin Shieldmasta
2 Assassinate
1 Sprint

Some ideas of where I'm going here. I feel like I could incorporate a Combo theme here as well and do pretty well. Main thing is I feel like there's a cool strategy here with the Brewmasters, Shadowstep, and minions that benefit from being played repeatedly. Bouncing and replaying an SI7 Agent is a neat trick.
Some considerations-Knife Juggler? Pint Sized Summoner? Questing Adventurer? If I go Knife Juggler, should I pull in Imp Master as well?

I'd really like your help here, as I think there's a really neat deck hidden here. We just need to find it.
Reply Quote
I would scrape the two sheildmastas and add in either the knife juggler or questing adventurer (or one of each!).

Just my thoughts, but I never really liked taunt minions
Reply Quote
yikes. with no taunt I fell like I'd kinda be a sitting duck :P
Guess I'd just have to lean on my control stuff harder. My real problem is that I have a lot of neat tricks but aside from VC no real knockout punch to deliver once I've got the upper hand
Reply Quote
I've actually been playing rogue bounce control for the last couple of weeks. I haven't been active in the tourney scene recently, but for master's league, the deck is great. Here's the list:

2 Backstab
1 Shadowstep
2 Deadly Poison
1 Blade Flurry
2 Eviscerate
1 Acidic Swamp Ooze
1 Bloodmage Thalnos
1 Sunfury Protector
1 Youthful Brewmaster
2 Perdition's Blade
2 Earthen Ring Farseer
1 SI:7 Agent
1 Gnomish Inventor
2 Spellbreaker
2 Twilight Drake
1 Assassinate
1 Azure Drake
1 Darkscale Healer
1 Spiteful Smith
1 Vanish
2 Agent Commander
1 Sprint

Notes:
- you don't need to go overboard on the self bounce and risk then clogging your hand with nothing good to use them with. 1 Shadowstep, 1 Brewmaster, 1 Vanish works.
- my list has a toolbox approach, so a single ooze for weapons, a Sunfury Protector for double duty as a taunt and as a River Croc for matchups like Shaman, Darkscale Healer as a Yeti that counters Blizzard and helps set up unfair trades, etc.
- You need the healing from both Farseers. The deck has trouble stabilizing late game otherwise. Healing is more difficult to disrupt than taunt, and thus is preferable.
- Vanish is a bomb. Trade favorably in combat or deal some quick damage to the opponent, then make a big tempo play by bouncing their big guy and reset all of your battlecries in one swoop. Usually can swing a big Twilight Drake into something, then Vanish, so the Drake can return bigger and healthier than before.
- you'll win most matches just overwhelming the opponent with CA, but you have a bomb combo to finish things as well:
1) Spiteful Smith --> Perdition's Blade(targeting Smith) --> Blade Flurry = 8 to one target(with weapon swing), 4 to all others, a 4/4 installed on your board.
2) Spiteful Smith --> Wicked Knife --> Backstab(Smith) --> (optional Deadly Poison goes here) --> Blade Flurry = 6/3 or 10/5 damage, 14/7 if you already have a knife ready and 2 Poisons.
Reply Quote
hm. that's an almost removal-proof knockout punch. That's a really cool deck there. Were it me, I'd probably go 2 in either the brewmaster or Shadowstep, but that's probably just my paranoia kicking in. What do you guys think of VanCleef as a bomb play?
Reply Quote
Hi

I'm working with a similar idea. Keep in mind that i'm F2P.

1 Backstab (for early control and serves as a combo starter early on)
2 Shadowstep (for combo and other bounce mecanics)
2 Evisarate (control or face)
1 Acidic ooze (1 is ok with bounce)
2 defias ringleader (early pressure)
2 novice engineer (awsome draw with bounce. Also good for combo. Never play alone)
2 yourthful brewmaster (bounce basic)
2 perdition blade (removal. dont hesitate to hit minions with your face, there is many healing)
2 earthern ring farseer (awsome healing wiht bounce)
2 Si:7 agent (good control)
2 ancient brewmaster (bounce basic)
2 dark iron dwarf (surprise bounce dmg)
1 defender of argus (when there are problems on the board, plus great with shadowstep)
1 spellbreaker (great multiple silence with bounce)
2 assassinate (for those impossible to hit with the face)
1 faceless manipulator (for those juicy legendary)
1 nightblade (not sure about this one...)
1 stampeding kodo (great 2 for 1 minimum)
1 argent commander (great bounce dmg)

It works well for me, but i'd gladly take insights from other players.

I had problems with the ice mage lately (i dont know the name of the deck but there are a lot of them !), but i guess thats normal
Reply Quote
Remove senjin, sunfury is better :)
Edited by RobotViking on 3/21/2014 12:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Here is my TB bounce deck in action. It's quite hilarious. Too bad it loses 90% vs aggro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz5yTutiyIA&list=PLqB-LAU0jRKu_sC6i0d6SzCv4qTrYvznL
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]