Remove Turn 8 Hunter Deck from the game

Seriously, !@#$ this bull%^-*. I have to run a deck just to counter this one specific deck? Are you kidding me?

You can balance SC2 pretty well, but when I look at HS I think you took a bit of advise from the WoW PvP Devs.
Reply Quote
It's almost like this game is in beta and every bit of balancing is undergoing intense scrutiny rather than responding to kneejerk reactions.
Reply Quote
Seriously, !@#$ this bull%^-*. I have to run a deck just to counter this one specific deck? Are you kidding me?

You can balance SC2 pretty well, but when I look at HS I think you took a bit of advise from the WoW PvP Devs.

So what you're saying is you have 1 deck you play most of the time flawlessly and win a decent amount, and you have a deck to counter the Turn 8 Hunter deck. Who's the unbalanced one now? You have your counter, good for you. Use it.
Reply Quote
Weaknesses of the deck/strategy:

-Super predictable
-Super weak pre-8
-Turn 8 must be a kill. Otherwise enemy plays "insert random aoe ability that deals more than 2" and wins
-Getting RtH, 5-6 creatures and the owls that are necessary for removing the taunts (that any good player WILL save for the late turns), all on turn 8, is not as easy as it sounds
-Your opponent will rarely be below 25 health at turn 8, since all you do is kill minions with your traps/bow
-Hunters don't have healing spells. If you somehow can't counter him after acknowledging all of the above, you might be able to just kill him before the attack even hits

But I guess we should nerf it anyways. Hunters have so many strategies to choose from anyway........
Reply Quote
Weaknesses of the deck/strategy:

-Super predictable
-Super weak pre-8
-Turn 8 must be a kill. Otherwise enemy plays "insert random aoe ability that deals more than 2" and wins
-Getting RtH, 5-6 creatures and the owls that are necessary for removing the taunts (that any good player WILL save for the late turns), all on turn 8, is not as easy as it sounds
-Your opponent will rarely be below 25 health at turn 8, since all you do is kill minions with your traps/bow
-Hunters don't have healing spells. If you somehow can't counter him after acknowledging all of the above, you might be able to just kill him before the attack even hits

But I guess we should nerf it anyways. Hunters have so many strategies to choose from anyway........But they dont because flavor of the month be too tasty

Fixd
Reply Quote
Yeah this build hard counters mages esp burst mages. I have 3 aoe freezes, sheep, arcane explosion in my hand but on one turn he can play 7 beasts and give them charge and 4 attack each and I die before anything can be done. Boring gameplay is boring.
Reply Quote
Wait whats a turn 8 hunter deck?
Reply Quote
11/15/2013 02:27 PMPosted by patrick
Wait whats a turn 8 hunter deck?

Basically, you use a ton of draw cards to get at least one Unleash the Hounds in your hand, as well as cheap beasts that have great synergy with other cheap beasts. While you're setting up for it, you're getting rid of any taunters or powerful minions the opponent is playing by using your removal spells (like Deadly Shot and Explosive Shot), secrets, Animal Companion, and the 3/2 bow, as well as using your hero power whenever you have nothing better to do with your mana to burn the opponent's life down. If all goes to plan, you'll have a board full of jacked-up beasts that'll direct-attack the opponent for the win. If it doesn't, you're practically screwed, especially since the key beasts only have 1-2 HP.

Here's an example of the one I've been using to clear out any hunter dailies: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/15738-unleash-one-time
Reply Quote
So Hunters basically counter anyone that is not a Mage or a Paladin and, said characters, need 1-2 specific cards that is totally random and limited?

Ok.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]