Is Lay on Hands worth crafting?

Some people hate it and others absolutely adore it. Some put one in their deck for assurance while others insist on two for late game.

The healing is nice and three card draws is a definite plus. But you practically lose a turn after casting it so it seems situational like any other legendary minion. Is it worth 400 dust?
Reply Quote
Depends on your deck but I find it very useful during the end game. Especially when you are both out of cards and on low hp it can save you. 8 hp is a lot, not to mention the 3 cards you draw after. Next round you have 3 cards with the possibility of playing all out at once with the 10 mana pool. I carry only 1 though because it is situational as mentioned. Most of the times there are better options especially if your are going after board control. Playing a few minions is almost always a better option but if your position is stable, you can just draw 3 cards and rest up a bit while widening your choice.
Reply Quote
I run one in my deck and it has turned around quite a few games, but I still probably wouldn't craft one until I had most of the other strong Paladin and neutral cards.
Reply Quote
If you run a lot of weenies, absolutly - You'll find yourself often in the position where by round 8 your only option is to LoH. The 8 health helps mitigate the disadvantage of the card, and 3 card draw will turn the tide in your favor more often than not.
Reply Quote
Lay on hands X 1 situational --- can be good for some decks
Lay on hands X 2 ----- never.
Reply Quote
It's helped me more times than it hasn't - that's for sure. Round 8 drawing is nice and even after then too.
Reply Quote
It is great for decks like spell mages or weapon warriors that try to do big power plays once you get to a certain health threshold, and start focusing all their big attacks on you, especially vs mage since they have access to a lot of aoe freeze type spells to keep you from damaging him, so that 1 turn heal buffer is normally enough to make the difference I find
Reply Quote
It's not really worth crafting in the current rush meta imo
Reply Quote
Lay on hands X 1 situational --- can be good for some decks
Lay on hands X 2 ----- never.

I used to believe this, up until I tried 2.
It is actually really good in any sort of aggro deck.
Lacking taunts makes you a reasonably easy kill condition for most opponents, even with two guardian of kings.

Those two +8 heals are well worth it and the card draw makes it less of a dead card in comparison to say a holy light.

11/19/2013 12:47 AMPosted by JoonHyuk
It's not really worth crafting in the current rush meta imo

I would say it's ideal for a rush meta, since it's more likely to get you out of lethal range.
Edited by Shaunus on 11/19/2013 1:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
Two LoH's has saved many a game for me on my ret pally.
Reply Quote
I got the golden LOH card off a deck, one of my first ones. Being that I am still new and have a relatively weak deck otherwise, I am considering d/eing it. I find it doesn't work well for me much of the time. I do it when I am low on cards and neck and neck at the end of the battle. In my experience the lost turn is almost always sufficient for an enemy to turn a narrow lead or a toss-up into an extreme advantage and usually a win. It seems like the times it has gone well, I had a good chance of winning anyways- not much of a turn around. It seems like perhaps going for an aggressive deck, playing out your hand, then using the card that says, "draw until you have equal cards as your opponent" might be better?

Anyways, I think I am going to d/e. I was super impressed with myself for having a golden epic card right after I started, and that probably got me to choose pally, but as I am trying to build a decent deck, it seems like the 400 dust I will get from the d/e of the golden version will be a better expenditure. I hope I don't regret not having LOH once I get some other good cards I am lacking...
Reply Quote
I feel like LoH is a necessity in my deck. I see the real value being the three cards which are drawn, and the heal just being an added benefit. It''s like the rogue's Sprint, just one card less and 8 health back to you.
Reply Quote
Are you kidding? Lay on Hands was the first epic I crafted and goes in every single Paladin deck I make except for aggro. Plus, golden LOH would probably be one of the only golden epics I would keep. Also, it is one of those cards that can't be played whenever you want. I usually play it only when we have equal board control or I have board control.
Reply Quote
Always a 1X it is kind of an "oh crap" card but it can really turn a game.
Reply Quote
With 2 LoH, I use mid-strenght low/def minions with buffs.

Since you can bring out a lot of low mana minions in a turn it's not so bad if they kill 1 during summoning sickness. Meanwhile you can buff them with blessing of might/kings.

Problem is is costs a lot of cards and your taunt strength is weak, that's what LoH is for.
Reply Quote
It saves your !@# or it is a dead card in your hand. If you believe it's worth a gamble and have a deck for late game, go for it. LoH can let you survive early game against rush decks. However, if you can't play it, it often ends up a dead card in your hand. Draw it early/Mulligan it and you're basically starting with only 2/3 cards.
Reply Quote
Having 2 lay of hands is just the best option you have! 6 cards plus 16 hp can change games. It depends on what type of deck you are running of course but it is an ensurance and it saves your !@# a lot of times. Taking 2 loh makes no sense if you cant survive early game so beware your other cards. If you reach late game you are pretty unkillable with this! So take 2 when you have a good wall off deck and blow stuff up late!
Reply Quote
i use 1 lay on hands in most of my palidin decks

it is great when behind and low of card also can heal minions.

yeah have 1.
any more is usually a dead card
Reply Quote
Lay on Hands just saved my bacon against a Control Warrior I just fought. It's pretty comical seeing them drop Alexstrasza, only to kill it and heal up immensely afterwards. So much for your winning one-two punch, nice try Grommash.
Reply Quote
I almost always go with Lay on Hands, but never two, then you're gonna run into have too many cards and it just sits there in you hand
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]