Hunter's Mark OP?

0 mana turn any minion's HP to 1? seems a little broken since its obviously used to neutralize a threat, it should be brought more to in line with other cards like it such as poly and hex. hex itself is more powerful than poly but lets not nit-pick here. i play a priest deck (and no i dont use MC since its OP as hell) but if you're looking at that balancing issue, look at other ones too.
Reply Quote
Just like any spell there are 2 per deck, so bait them out or get yourself a lorewalker cho. And also maybe it's because you play a class that entirely revolves around buffing the hp of things that hunters mark can hit you so hard, the best thing you can do is hold your ground until you can plonk out some minions to suck up that mark (throw out some lightspawns as bait)
Reply Quote
Playing Hunter's Mark is getting yourself 2 for 1'd; it's about the furthest from OP it gets.
Reply Quote
My new favorite combo, wild pyromancer then hunter's mark.
Reply Quote
What isn't op about huntards? Mages and huntards op, shocker, blizzard game.
Reply Quote
i think the card should cost more since it can reduce the life of a minion to 1 whitout any secondary effects
Reply Quote
First of all, comparing Hunters Mark to Poly/Hex is comparing apples to oranges/grapes. In order to properly compare them you need to take their respective classes into consideration and determine the impact these cards have on their respective decks rather than look at their effect in a vacuum. Than, and only than, you can start comparing the cards, but not by their stats but by their impact to the decks they're being played in. Also MC is very very very far from being OP, thinking it is and not playing it because of that shows that you still have a lot to learn about this game, thus you'd be much better off getting more information about this game rather than whine in the forums asking for random nerfs due to your lack of knowledge.
Reply Quote
02/15/2014 02:00 PMPosted by Lúcifer
i think the card should cost more since it can reduce the life of a minion to 1 whitout any secondary effects

Cost more? in order for the card to be effective, it needs to be coupled with something else.
Pyro + Mark (2 trades for 1), Mark + Run your minion (still 2 trades for 1), Mark + Arcane Shot (guess what? still 2 for one). Not to mention that it's kinda useless on minions with divine shields, so if you used your mark on the minion with the divine shield, you still need to to take off the shield, and kill the minion, and that's 3 trades for one, my friend.

Hunter's Mark is supposed to be 0 cost since it's not used alone and since you won't be doing the regular one for one trade, you have to use something with it. Which means, again, that's 2 (or more) trades for one, and you already know that this game is about (at least) 1 for 1 trading.
Edited by Gravitits on 2/15/2014 7:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/15/2014 07:48 PMPosted by Gravitits
Hunter's Mark is supposed to be 0 cost since it's not used alone and since you won't be doing the regular one for one trade

That
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]