My Masters 2 Onyxia Deck

Hey guys I have been working on this deck for the past 2 weeks and Its very fun and effective.
I would say it has about a 60% win rate at Masters 2 and am looking to tighten up the deck with some ideas from you guys. As is however, it feels very solid in my experience.

"Onyxia's Dream"

2 x Innervate
1 x Naturalize
1 x Power of the Wild
2 x Wrath
2 x Knife Juggler
2 x Savage Roar
2 x Imp Master
2 x Shattered Sun Cleric
1 x Soul of the Forest
2 x Swipe
2 x Defender of Argus
2 x Keeper of the Grove
1 x Nourish
1 x Starfall
2 x Druid of the Claw
1 x Force of Nature
2 x Starfire
1 x Hogger
1 x Onyxia

I have been toying with the idea of Mark of Nature for some synergy with Imp masters and expendable minions, and also considering Violet Teachers.

Suggestions are welcomed :)

Edit: -1 Naturalize, -2 Stafire + 1 Soul of the Forest, +1 Force of Nature + 1 Ancient of Lore

I can see that the Naturalize is uneeded as i have enough creatures to trade with. Playing without starfire may seem tricky but actually having 2 Force of Natures can allow for some strong versityle mid game removal and Soul of the Forest is really good with a 3+ board as i can use my Imps and such as removal. We shall see :)
Edited by Muse on 11/17/2013 9:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
i personally dont like too much innervate, it ate cards like mad - 1 most likely enough

illidan > hogger same mana cost imo

might wanna need more early board pressence else ull end up wasting argus/cleric battlecry

im not sure about argus, 4 mana overlaps with swipe, keeper of the groove and soul of the forest every one of those are high priority plays on many occasion

add a novice engineer or two, thalanos > novice eng and would be one of the top if not best legendary but alas not ev1 can have it
Reply Quote
i personally dont like too much innervate, it ate cards like mad - 1 most likely enough

illidan > hogger same mana cost imo

might wanna need more early board pressence else ull end up wasting argus/cleric battlecry

im not sure about argus, 4 mana overlaps with swipe, keeper of the groove and soul of the forest every one of those are high priority plays on many occasion

add a novice engineer or two, thalanos > novice eng and would be one of the top if not best legendary but alas not ev1 can have it

I tried removing the Innervates and felt that i was losing more as they are a direct source of my imp/juggler and acceration into mid game. They kinda make up for my lack of early game minions.

I do agree that Illidan would be a nice addition but I only own onyxia and hogger as legendarys :(
again agree on the thalnos but dont have him. Engineer would be a nice idea though.

Argus and sun cleric are really strong with imp imo but yeah if i have no early cards they can get wasted. hmmm
Reply Quote
I'm trying it out the deck. I made a few minior tweaks.

I added Druid legendary, and 2nd force of nature. Force of nature + save roar can be really good turn 9. Checking out the deck right now.
Reply Quote
I'm trying it out the deck. I made a few minior tweaks.

I added Druid legendary, and 2nd force of nature. Force of nature + save roar can be really good turn 9. Checking out the deck right now.

I had 2 Forces of Natures in originally. This deck was inspired by the Savage Nature combo. However I realized that i needed more versatility in the deck and having one game ending Force of Nature was enough but maybe hmmm.
Reply Quote
cenarius and illidan obviously.... I have a version of this using those two, as I don't have onyxia.

I REALLY like the soul of the forest in this kind of deck. I would say ditch naturalize and go with a second soul.

I don't have a problem with the innervates. I find druid decks draw really well, so the loss of cards is kind of a wash.

You might want to consider an ancient of lore for late game card or healing options. Also... goes without saying... but if you have a bloodmage I would add him in (but since he isn't in there, im guessing you don't have one)

all in all, though, looks solid :-)
Reply Quote
Give me THALNOS pls :) Yeah i have been going back and forth about naturalize but think with the amount of creatures i dont need the removal maybe. Yeah Cenarius and Illidan would be sick if I had them but what would you drop for an Ancient of Lore as I like that idea alot too....
Edited by Muse on 11/17/2013 3:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
Edit: -1 Naturalize, -2 Stafire + 1 Soul of the Forest, +1 Force of Nature + 1 Ancient of Lore

I can see that the Naturalize is uneeded as i have enough creatures to trade with. Playing without starfire may seem tricky but actually having 2 Force of Natures can allow for some strong versityle mid game removal and Soul of the Forest is really good with a 3+ board as i can use my Imps and such as removal. We shall see :)
Reply Quote
Realy cool deck. well done.
Edited by slvn on 4/1/2014 2:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]