Can't win with UTH deck: Huh?

I have never really lost against a UTH deck with my decks, and I decided to give it a shot: I made one (decent decklist), and it just seems to lose to taunt, good plays, etc.

I win very consistently and well with my other decks, but I don't quite understand why people complain about UTH: It's good, but not amazing. One shots are possible, but unlikely. Any good UTH decklists out there that really are "OP"? I would think if it's such an issue that needs to be dealt with, I'd see hunter more in masters 3...

With the nerf of buzzard, I'm guessing hunter is *really* going to start sucking (if they don't buff anything else in its lineup).
Reply Quote
Yeah, I tried a uth deck and it had below 40% winrate in 2 star diamond. But it's the only viable strategy the hunter has anyway.. Really weak class overall.
Reply Quote
I found UTH woefully underwhelming/unreliable to play as well. It's almost a hard counter vs certain decks (control mages lol) but is just as hopeless vs other things. People complain a disproportionate amount because it IS really annoying when you get oneshot or when the hunter lays a buzzard + 1 other beast and then proceeds to draw his entire combo and win.

Isn't the buzzard nerf taking them to 2/1 or something? That won't really effect UTH decks that much. Buzzard should be the first thing you play on your swifty oneshot combo turn to refill your hand/draw the parts of the combo you are missing. Not something I'd ever leave on the board anyway. It's going to hurt non UTH decks a lot more... That nerf didn't quite hit the mark.
Edited by sourlows on 11/18/2013 3:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
I won 1 game tonight on my hunter and it was against another hunter. People are just chewing me up by dropping taunts, 2 for one cards & picking off whatever i drop with removals or forcing me to 2 for 1. I don't get the buzzard nerf at all. Its a 2/2 that dies fast & easily.

Reminding me too much of when i played WoW where there was only 1 viable hunter build that was worth playing & even then they were easily replaced by other classes.
Edited by Delease on 11/22/2013 12:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 06:56 PMPosted by Paul
I don't quite understand why people complain about UTH: It's good, but not amazing.

People complain because they are bad and it is easier to complain than to learn the game.

I've been trying UTH hunter and I have to admit the combo is very hard to pull off. Therefore it is not very reliable. You need several cards at the same time to start this combo, this means you can't use these cards earlier to keep the board clear or defend yourself. You can also have terrible luck and have both UTH cards at the very end of your deck.

UTH mechanic is very bad against rush decks and taunt decks. It's easy to do only versus players who barely put anything on the board early and you need to have luck to get these cards anyway before turn 10.

When they nerf UTH and Buzzard Hunter will become a very very weak class with nothing exceptional to offer. If they intend to nerf these cards they should at least make synergy between beast cards much stronger.
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 07:14 PMPosted by Chogosu
Yeah, I tried a uth deck and it had below 40% winrate in 2 star diamond. But it's the only viable strategy the hunter has anyway.. Really weak class overall.

I'm above 55% winrate in Masters with UtH. I went from Gold* to Masters* in 3 hours with UtH on Monday.
Reply Quote

I'm above 55% winrate in Masters with UtH. I went from Gold* to Masters* in 3 hours with UtH on Monday.

So you won't make it to Masters***
Reply Quote

I'm Masters** even though I threw away 3 games in Masters*, I don't see how Masters*** is unattainable. Warlock and Shaman are the only classes that are hard for UtH.
Edited by AtheistGod on 11/22/2013 10:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
atheistgod.. can u link the deck? im stuck diamond 3 for 2 days -_- about 60% win rate but must be beating noobs and losing to noobs lol

ive only had the game a few days but used to play mtg so I can figure out your deck if u can just hook me up with a list :)
Reply Quote
There are some changes I want to make, but I've been using:
http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/hunter#76:2;86:2;101:2;114:1;163:2;239:2;317:2;344:2;363:2;407:1;435:2;447:2;500:2;553:2;629:2;630:2;

Multishot and Novice Engineer are the two big underpreformers.
Reply Quote
http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/hunter#76:2;86:2;101:2;163:2;279:2;305:2;317:2;363:2;395:2;435:2;488:2;500:2;578:2;629:2;630:2;

that's the one I played. Basic principle: Timber Wolf, UtH, Dire Wolf and Dragonhawk are the combo cards, the rest is for putting down some aggression, getting rid of taunts and drawing you cards.

don't play it controlly, play it like a deck that puts on pressure while digging for the combo pieces, getting rid of whatever is in the way if you HAVE TO, but as a general principle ignore all non taunts and deal damage if you can with your minions.

Owl and Kill Command are the main taunt killers, so don't waste them on other stuff if you don't absolutely have to.

You also usually want to have a buzzard turn around your turn 5-6 (not before), where you drop buzzard and ideally a boar and a hyena. It buys you time where your opponent has to deal with your creatures, don't make card disadvantage cause the buzzard has already replaced your cards, and ideally you either get rid of something in the way or deal some small amount of damage to the hero.

let me know if that helped
Reply Quote
my advice for unleash the hounds decks is use your hero ability.. dont fight for board control.. playing a random beast on turn 3 wont get you the defense or trades you need... I go spell heavy and all the card draw I can carry, all while spamming my hero ability and going off with 7-8 mana for 20ish HP

Edit to really drive home.. the name of the game is stall... you need to be able to read opponets and thier decks capabilities... health is a resource you need to use dont go off too early if you have an extra round, and on the other hand always assume they have atleast 1 argent command (4 damage charge)
Edited by Mmaynee on 11/23/2013 7:03 PM PST
Reply Quote

And now I'm Masters*** using UtH. My file containing each game result got corrupted but I remember that I went 21-13 in Masters* and around 35-20 in Masters**. The easiest matchup was actually Hunter. I only played against one other UtH deck and my only loss to any Hunter came from drawing 0 pieces of my combo by turn 8.
Reply Quote
I have never really lost against a UTH deck with my decks, and I decided to give it a shot: I made one (decent decklist), and it just seems to lose to taunt, good plays, etc.

I win very consistently and well with my other decks, but I don't quite understand why people complain about UTH: It's good, but not amazing. One shots are possible, but unlikely. Any good UTH decklists out there that really are "OP"? I would think if it's such an issue that needs to be dealt with, I'd see hunter more in masters 3...

With the nerf of buzzard, I'm guessing hunter is *really* going to start sucking (if they don't buff anything else in its lineup).

so you not losing represents the community? how many cards do you have unlocked? if you factor in that the majority of players probably are running basic decks and a few cards.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]