Non UtH Hunter's deck suggestion?

Hi, due to the ''likely'' future UtH nerf I start toying with a non UtH OTK hunter deck that work at higher level and i was wondering if any of you have some kind of suggestion to do it. I start playing with the idea of a ''late'' hunter deck with Savannah and King Krush as finishers and some decent creature all early/mid game long to get me board control.

The hunter also have a lot of way to clear and control the board between deadly shot, multi shot, explosive trap, explosive shot, arcane shot etc.. I still use UtH to make favorable trade in the game or to finish on some occasion but it is not the main focus of the deck. So any of you run a similar idea deck that could give me advice or suggestion?

Thank you :D
Reply Quote
Hi!

First of all it's good to remember that even if you aren't running the OTK UtH it doesn't mean that you should leave the UtH out of the deck. It's great card with beasts even if you play it with The Beast or Core Hounds.

Secondly there are few posts already on these forums thinking about the same stuff but nothing really has stuck to the wall yet. Here is one of them: http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/10497450431

I myself enjoy trying out different kinds of decks and atm i'm playing with the deck that i posted about few days ago. Here is a link to that post: http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/10587208625

A huge problem for Hunters is the lack of reliable draw mechanics. The nerf to Buzzard will even make that worse for everything else but UtH OTK. My latest solution to this is using 4 brewmasters to "draw" more cards by gaining extra value from cards by returning them back to hand. I usually also just give out the board control to enemy and try to balance it with huge value trades instead of trying to go head on.
Reply Quote
Thanks a lot Typoko!

Yeah i am actually trying to run the loot hoarder for the early game draw alternative. Can trade with a small creature, do damage and draw a card, only real downside is the mage hero power but 1 out of 9 is good odd. If i don't focus on OTK strategy, i use the buzzard to draw earlier but you are right the hunter need to be creative for their drawing mechanism. I really don't get the nerf to the buzzard it was never use in a way that stay on the board. This nerf will just encourage even more the OTK strat. There is also the buzzard serpent trap combo but that is not reliable. Althought a mix of all usually allow me to be in good shape due to the really good removal of the Hunter.

I also have a really low mana curve having only 5 card 5 or plus. I put some ''time saver'' card like the yeti that is solid as a rock. As i said i use UtH but more for a support role. My title should have been not a OTK UtH deck. I play it more like a controller Druid that can dish out big damage if my opponent is not careful. Also what really screw the test data is that 90% of my opponent think I am running an OTK UtH hunter deck. I might be 50% right now on ladder but there is still thing to be tweak.
Edited by HyppiCorpo on 11/16/2013 12:33 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]