WTF is up with card stealing?

what a bunch of crap this is. This is my first post about anything on these forums and I got to say. The priest with his ability to take your cards and use as his own is a bullsh**t option. I don't care about mind control. I can deal with that. But creating my deck and then have some wuss steal my cards to use as his own is kind of cheap IMO. My deck(s) are not created to play against myself.
Frustration
Reply Quote
I play Priest mainly and honestly I don't like Thoughtsteal that much nor do I include it in my decks. It's completely random as to what you can get - may it be a solid awesome card that you need for the next turn or something you can't even use like Deadly Poison.

I would love to see it removed entirely and have them add in something else to be honest. It can either be a worthless card or it can be the most amazing thing ever - either way the RNG on it is broken and having a game that's already based completely around RNG add more RNG into it is just dumb.

Same can be said about Mind Vision
However it was always entertaining using Mind Vision and getting The Coin out of peoples hands turn 1. Always made me laugh. (back when I actually included it in my decks when I first started playing)
Edited by Vaxity on 11/17/2013 7:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
thoughsteal is mainly to get a 32 card deck, thats it
Reply Quote
It is ridiculous when they start drawing cards meant for other classes that turn their own cards into unintentional OP cards
Reply Quote
anyone that plays priest in standard is a ###%!*#*!
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 11:24 AMPosted by speedstr
anyone that plays priest in standard is a ###%!*#*!

someone's mad.
Reply Quote
yes, I am mad. It's a shame that 1 class has the ability to steal your cards and use them against you. not once but multiple times. I really have no issue with any other class. And, as I said, no issue with mind control. At least with that you know it's probably going to come up on the 8th turn and you can compensate for it. But having 4 or 5 massive cards in your hand that are geared towards your hero ability and have them played against you is outright ignorant.
As I said before, anyone playing a priest in standard league is a wuss.

Mind Vision for 1 mana get's you a card?
Thoughtsteal for 3 mana get's you 2 cards?
bah. wusses
Edited by speedstr on 11/17/2013 3:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
They aren't really stealing your cards, as that implies it is taking it out of the deck, preventing the opponent from drawing it. They just make copies. And are both completely random.
Reply Quote
of course they aren't actually stealing your cards. That didn't even require an response.
Reply Quote
It is overpower, this basically means priest wins late game since they have more cards, mind control also like that as it is almost always pays off.
Edited by reloaded on 11/18/2013 9:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
Priests win late game because they're priests...not because of thoughtsteal. thoughtsteal is !@#$.
Reply Quote
This is what I get for playing against a priest.
Priest has 2 health left. 2 health!.
I have 30 plus.
He freaking beats me.
WTF
Reply Quote
I think this is how Blizzard decided to differentiate Priests' shadow-abilities from Warlock's dark-themed high-risk style.

To be very niche, but strong in their niche.

Many agree Priests need a rework

I have 30 plus.
He freaking beats me.
WTF

You probably burned out, bro.
You played your cards too quickly. He threw down some board-clear that is common among many classes, and then steadily took back board-control.

I've done this with many classes, not just the Priest.

It's actually an aspect of Hearthstone I like. There are times when you can just keep playing and make a comeback. Matches aren't decided on turn 1~3; maybe turn 4~5 but never the first round.
You can be under 5 HP and still make a comeback. Unless you're against a Hunter or Mage. XD
Reply Quote
I have 30 plus.
He freaking beats me.
WTF

Then learn to play, You probably Flooded the board and he wiped you out.
Reply Quote
I have 30 plus.
He freaking beats me.
WTF

L2P issue here.

Back on topic: as for Thoughtsteal, I think it's decent. If I get 2 decent creatures off it, I'm happy. That being said I've hit Sense Demons and even Shield Slam a few times with it and laughed.
Reply Quote
These cards are way to over powered. Minus the part where he lost from up 28HP he comments hold merit with me. Build your own deck and leave my cards alone. Poppin Lust on me is BS!! BBBBBSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! /cry
Reply Quote
Honestly? I play priest and I dont like cardsteals. Why? It feels like a weird, slot machine crutch. Sure, it can net you some amazing cards and you will win using them. he're the problem: You dont know what you will get, and I really, really dont like RNG in a cardgame. Guess its just my personal opinion but I feel RNG as a mechanic doesnt belong in cardgames in large quantities. It doesnt encourage strategy at all... So basically they seem like 'fun' cards, not cards you would play seriously, though sometimes they give you an amazing edge.
Reply Quote
12/13/2013 08:10 AMPosted by Kaivin
Honestly? I play priest and I dont like cardsteals. Why? It feels like a weird, slot machine crutch. Sure, it can net you some amazing cards and you will win using them. he're the problem: You dont know what you will get, and I really, really dont like RNG in a cardgame. Guess its just my personal opinion but I feel RNG as a mechanic doesnt belong in cardgames in large quantities. It doesnt encourage strategy at all... So basically they seem like 'fun' cards, not cards you would play seriously, though sometimes they give you an amazing edge.

Heh...

Don't like RNG as a mechanic when every single card draw is RNG...
Reply Quote

Heh...

Don't like RNG as a mechanic when every single card draw is RNG...

You know exactly what I meant. Increasing RNG = decreasing strategic potential.
Edited by Kaivin on 12/13/2013 9:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
Thoughtsteal is a very very RNG based card. You could get two GREAT cards or two USELESS cards.

Overall I think that the issue people have is not that it is overpowered-but because it is unfun. Unfun because your own cards are used against you. Its like a bitter irony to have your Pyroblast copied out of your deck and then used ON YOU to finish you off.

That is the problem. Otherwise the card is really just for "Funsies". Why?

Because you cannot rely upon it to be a game changer. Your chances of getting something good are low to dirt-low.

The one place where Thoughtsteal is acceptable as a commonplace pick is: Arena.

Where you got no other choice.

You can nerf/change it however you want, and it will do very little to the real issue that is wrong with a lot of the Priest cards. And truthfully, you never are going to be able to fully fix Priest until you change around their whole IDENTITY.

Anyone here a MtG player? You know how frustrating and unfun it is to play a Blue/White deck? Or Mono-Blue?

That is how I think people perceive this. Its frustrating. Annoying. And infuriating at the core.

I love Priests, because I like the style/theme to the deck (Holy light/Shadow Control), due to being a Priest in WoW.

If they got rid of the "Mind" styled cards and just focused on their true focus-removal and beefy-monsters, people would still be infuriated.

If they only focused on the "Mind" style cards, people would STILL complain. Because we would be using their own weapons against them.

Its like two soldiers fighting, one disarms the other and then begins to stab him to death with his own weapon.

Either the Priest needs an entire identity change. Nerfed to oblivion (Because no one seems to want to stop crying). Or be completely removed.

It is definitely not competitive in this Meta.

New players are getting continuously stomped (Due to lack of playing/cards and other reasons)

And the few of us who happened to main the class, are getting subjected to endless criticism-even when we agree on certain aspects being changed or fixed about the very class we use.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]