unleash the hounds, bronken no skill, cheap

hunter playing nothing till round 6-7 just. till that time he hits steady shots then no matter what just kill u with 1 mana minions and 1-2 unleash the hounds. on top of all he uses owls to silence taunts. no way to deal with it. need nerf. its cheap.
Reply Quote
Hey pal wanna know a secret to stopping that? Play a trap deck. 1 Explosive trap and the entire play is gone. I play hunter all the time, i win without using uth ever, the only uth i have in my deck is a gold one that i put in to stare at while i wait for my opponent to finish his/her turn. Also if you have something like an abom taunt that works too.
Reply Quote
No it doesn't. And the devs know it is broken, and they are going to do something to it. They said as much at blizzcon. It's incredibly hard, if not impossible to stop.
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 07:26 AMPosted by Pimsywinkle
Hey pal wanna know a secret to stopping that? Play a trap deck. 1 Explosive trap and the entire play is gone. I play hunter all the time, i win without using uth ever, the only uth i have in my deck is a gold one that i put in to stare at while i wait for my opponent to finish his/her turn. Also if you have something like an abom taunt that works too.

So....play a huntard to beat a huntard. BEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD. Thanks!!!
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 06:12 AMPosted by pixelbrat
hunter playing nothing till round 6-7 just. till that time he hits steady shots then no matter what just kill u with 1 mana minions and 1-2 unleash the hounds. on top of all he uses owls to silence taunts. no way to deal with it. need nerf. its cheap.

What cards are you playing that you can't kill a Hunter, who plays no cards, prior to turn 7?
Reply Quote
I pretty much see no hunters anymore because most people know that a rush down / control deck will easily just stomp all over it..
Reply Quote
11/19/2013 10:58 AMPosted by Fame

So....play a huntard to beat a huntard. BEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD. Thanks!!!

There are over 10 different ways to easily defeat a hunter otk deck. The fact that some people are to lazy to actually use their minds and overly willing to come to a forums to cry is why blizzard makes every game casual....

Btw he who can not use brain should never use the suffix of tard on anything. Just seems like the pot calling the kettle black.
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 07:26 AMPosted by Pimsywinkle

Flare, standard card for UTH decks, counters Explosive Trap.
Reply Quote
i think that maybe one thing works vs this kind of hunter and thats warrior with tonts of armor. if u wont break thru his armor early u wont be able to win the game in late game.
Reply Quote
11/19/2013 11:43 AMPosted by Warchild

What cards are you playing that you can't kill a Hunter, who plays no cards, prior to turn 7?

he eliminates everything with spells so he survives till round 6!
Reply Quote
11/21/2013 12:31 PMPosted by pixelbrat
i think that maybe one thing works vs this kind of hunter and thats warrior with tonts of armor. if u wont break thru his armor early u wont be able to win the game in late game.

It doesn't take a whole lot of armor to survive. The Unleash the Hounds combo usually doesn't deal 30 damage. Often it barely breaks 20 damage. If you have been pressuring him enough that he can't shoot you every turn and have built up a little armor as a Warrior, you have a decent chance of surviving the onslaught.

Of course, it's up to you to actually finish the game at that point. He has a bunch of weenie minions on the table, if you don't kill either them or him in the next turn, you're still almost certainly dead.

What tends to work well is to lay out some taunts on the turns immediately before his attack. One will probably get silenced with an Ironbeak Owl, but the others will soak up an attack and usually kill the attacker. They may even take two. If one is an Abomination and it doesn't get silenced, there's a good chance the entire attack wave gets wiped out.

This whole combo deck wouldn't have been so dominant, I suspect, if every prominent streamer hadn't been repeating the groupthink mantra that taunt minions are bad. Listening to streamers is a great way to get caught with your pants down when the meta makes a sudden shift.
Reply Quote
OTK, is easily blocked. It can win, if you decide not to be agressive. As a primarily Warlock player, I've found going on the offensive to be the best route. FORCE him to play those beasts he's hording, and to pop those removal cards on stuff he'd rather not.

Also...If you are running into alot of OTK hunters, I'd recommend putting a few Sunwalkers in your deck. In my opinion, they are literally the best Taunt card value wise.
Reply Quote
I run with 2 UTH cards in my deck and i lose all the time. Just had a rogue rip me a new one. Only damage i did to him was hero power damage.

Board control & removals. It takes a damn good card draw to be able to pull off the one round 20+ damage thing. I had it happen to me but i also completely wrecked hunters when they are waiting for the draws.

Hell, so far tonight I haven't even come close to winning a game. About to make a druid to complete my daily.
Edited by Delease on 11/21/2013 7:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
I have seen this type of play almost every time I face a hunter now. It is very strong but like some of you have said it can be countered just by using your brain a bit.

Knowing I'm going up against a hunter I always save my concecration, holy nova, flame strike, etc.

It has been so easy to stop hunters with just a single card that they end up either leaving or have no cards left in their hand.

It's easy to complain about this or that being overpowered or needing to be nerfed but if some people would just alter their playing style for different opponents they would end up playing better.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]