Hunter's misdirection bug

I am not sure if this is intended or not but say I am playing my warrior and I have a weapon out and 1 minion and I attack with my minion and it pops misdirection, when my minion hits my hero it gets destroyed. Anyone else experienced this?
Reply Quote
It's very much intended. Carrying a weapon allows your hero to attack during your turn and thus your hero has attack power. Then as you might understand if a minion combats a character with attack power then both deal damage to each other.

Not sure if durability is supposed to be lost cause of this though. The weapon is used but not attacked with.. kinda..
Reply Quote
I don't think your minion should get harmed... when other people attack my hero (mainly war/pally) they don't take damage when he has a weapon equipped.
Reply Quote
11/14/2013 03:24 PMPosted by AdrianTepes
It's very much intended. Carrying a weapon allows your hero to attack during your turn and thus your hero has attack power. Then as you might understand if a minion combats a character with attack power then both deal damage to each other.

Not sure if durability is supposed to be lost cause of this though. The weapon is used but not attacked with.. kinda..

That makes no sense. Why can I attack a hero normally armed with a weapon and not take any damage to my minion (or my hero), yet misdirection causes the damage to be inflicted?
Reply Quote
01/28/2014 07:03 PMPosted by TheJackal

That makes no sense. Why can I attack a hero normally armed with a weapon and not take any damage to my minion (or my hero), yet misdirection causes the damage to be inflicted?

Because equipment is deactivated when offturn. In other words, its not there unless its your turn. This is indicated by the shutter closing once you hit end turn. However...on YOUR turn...shutter's open and you're swinging. While active, your hero can return damage. This has been around since closed beta, has been seen by Blizzard, and left as such. I cannot remember if it was said to be intended, but its safe to assume so.
Reply Quote
This is something you aniticipate and play for, when you are a hunter. Using misdirection on a 3/2 or a 3/3 is a waste, HOWEVER, if the pally/warrior/shammy/hunter pulls out a weap, dealing the minion's damage AND having him die is worth it.

That is how the game works, acknowledge and work around it.
Reply Quote
Misdirection needs to be ENEMY ONLY. Just Misdirected an enemy Ogre to my own Tank. What hunter in WoW misdirects to himself?
Reply Quote
I experienced the same problem. Misdirection just says it attacks another random character, if a minion attacks your hero then damage is not assigned to that minion. Why is this a special case? It doesn't follow literally anything else in the game, so why have this one card that ignores the usual effect when it doesn't even state it. The purpose of the card is just to not get hit in the face by a creature, not to rewrite how weapon damage is assigned.
Reply Quote
It is intended. U'll notice that the weapon deactivates after your turn. When you are attacking, it is activated, and thus deals damage to your minion.
Reply Quote
03/30/2014 09:59 AMPosted by Dragonshark
I experienced the same problem. Misdirection just says it attacks another random character, if a minion attacks your hero then damage is not assigned to that minion. Why is this a special case? It doesn't follow literally anything else in the game, so why have this one card that ignores the usual effect when it doesn't even state it. The purpose of the card is just to not get hit in the face by a creature, not to rewrite how weapon damage is assigned.

it doesn't rewrite anything
during your turn your weapon is active
the minion attacks on your turn
don't see how that doesn't follow the rest of the game.

it is an exception yes, but a very logical one.
I like it
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]