Amusing match vs Mage

Just had a really amusing match vs a Mage, who was admittedly very poor.

I've just started playing a control Shaman, and whilst I get used to it (and save up another 190 dust for my 2nd Earth Elemental), I've been testing things out on unranked. My opening hands in this game were actually fairly poor, though I still managed to stop him/her from totally snowballing early on.

Anyway, round 8 hits and he drops Ragnaros -> I hex it. Round 9, he drops Antonidas -> Hex, a couple of rounds later he dropped Onyxia -> +1 Lightning Storm clears the whelps and hits Onyxia for 4, I finish her off with my Azure Drake. By this point I was laughing at (a) How bad s/he was, and (b) How good she thought her deck of legendaries was. I could literally feel the anger and frustration coming through the screen. I baited a Polymorph with an Earth Elemental, and then dropped Ysera, hoping to bait out the 2nd (I had Raggy and a Faceless Manipulator in my hand). No polymorph, so Ysera quickly begins to snowball. A few rounds later, s/he drops his/her own Ysera -> 2x Lava Burst to the face and then finished her off with a Feral Spirit. I then proceeded to drop Ragnaros and finish the game. I felt kinda sorry for the rude awakening my opponent received, but had to laugh at just how bad his/her deck and plays were, and how infuriating it must have been for him/her.
Edited by Bane on 11/21/2013 7:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
Wait wait...

Let me get this straight.

Enemy was running Ragnaros, Ysera, Antonidas.

You were running Ragnaraos, Ysera, Faceless Manipulator.

By this point I was laughing at (a) How bad s/he was, and (b) How good she thought her deck of legendaries was.

You had one less legendary and a faceless (most likely meant to copy your own legendary cards or their legendary cards) and they are the bad one?

Pot meet kettle.
Reply Quote
No, they were running Ragnaros, Ysera, Antonidas and Onyxia, and in general, their deck composition was bad, with very little synergy, and missing important control cards (unless they were all in the last few cards they had to pull, which is possible, but doubtful). Also, their play was subpar, like when, as described, they would just mulligan their legendaries in with no backup, and without having first baited removal.

I run Ragnaros and Ysera, and a Faceless Manipulator that is not in there to copy either me or their legendary cards but to copy whatever the situation suits (which, on occasion, does mean I copy a legendary from one side of the board or another, but by no means is this every time, nor even most of the time), i.e. it's one of my versatility cards.

Nice attempt at a troll, though.

Not a troll. You having 2 legendaries+faceless and them having 4 is far from being a "deck of legendaries" as you put it. But continue being a d-bag who calls people names when they call you out on calling others out; it suits you.
Edited by Sykomyke on 11/22/2013 10:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/22/2013 10:51 AMPosted by Sykomyke
Not a troll. You having 2 legendaries+faceless and them having 4 is far from being a "deck of legendaries" as you put it. But continue being a d-bag who calls people names when they call you out on calling others out; it suits you.

Right, okay. Apparently, because you didn't read my OP properly, attacked me first, and then I corrected you (seemingly calling you a name as well, though what I actually said was "nice attempt at a troll", which is categorically different than "you are a troll"), I'm a d-bag. Am I the only one that sees the massive hypocrisy, here?

You seem insistent on grouping faceless with legendaries, when (a) it's not a legendary, and (b) it doesn't even fill the role of a legendary, though you seem insistent on following the "you have a faceless, so you must only be using it to copy your own or the enemies legendaries", which is categorically false. Faceless is a versatility card, used for a wide variety of purposes, including copying big taunts, charge minions (argent commander is a great one to copy, especially when they haven't expended the shield), draw engines, even some +SD minions. Stop trying to lump it in with legendaries to make your own argument seem stronger.

The person I was against ran with 4 late game big legendaries that they clearly thought would make their deck awesome (there's literally no other reason; I'm assuming they thought that because of a poor understanding of deck building, which was further reinforced by their general lack of synergy and key Mage cards, as well as their general poor play). The phrase "deck of legendaries" was not meant to infer that they had an entire deck of legendaries, it was more a wisecrack about perception. If you cannot grasp that, then my apologies, next time I'll say "running a deck with more late game legendaries than is normal and feasible".

On a side note; I have no idea where my previous post went. Hrrm.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]