Archmage Antonidas + Coin, fair?

After using Antonidas mage uses coin + magic missile. He has 0 minions in play.

I put down next turn 3 minions and try healmyself. I got 25 HP. Next turn 2 fireball. I throw next minion with heal (I'm warlock) and she just uses next 2 fireballs. I'm down to 8 health! He uses Pyroblast to finish me off.

How is this fair? I keep putting strong minions in play and try hammer her health down but I cannot do that in 3 turns. She still got like 10 hp left when I throw all my cards in.

Is this fair that Coin counts as spell? Why? Coin is not a spell!
Reply Quote
It's fair because you left a strong card alive and un-silenced for longer than you should.
You also managed to get to turn 8 (Is that how much he costs?) without forcing coin.
Edited by Heathcliff on 11/18/2013 5:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
I agree, the coin should not be a spell.
Reply Quote
Yeah the issue here is you left Antonidas standing for two turns after he was played. Furthermore, even if the Coin doesn't count as a spell it doesn't change what happened in this example in any way whatsoever.
Reply Quote
Is that the first time you fought or did you not read what he does?

Seriously though, when a legendary comes in with his "BOOMWOWAMAZING" sound effect, you really should read what the card does.
Reply Quote
If they do nerf coin it certainly won't be because of 7th turn plays, but because of powerful opening combos like "this is our town, scrub".

Besides in your example it wouldn't matter at all.. he would coin and missiles anyway and get one fireball back, then use that fireball next turn, receive another one and use that, etc.
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 05:58 AMPosted by Heathcliff
It's fair because you left a strong card alive and un-silenced for longer than you should.
Wth, I killed the card after the same turn it was played. She cast Antonidast + Coin + Magic missile to get 2 fireballs. There's nothing I can do vs that!
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 10:07 AMPosted by Firemane
Yeah the issue here is you left Antonidas standing for two turns after he was played. Furthermore, even if the Coin doesn't count as a spell it doesn't change what happened in this example in any way whatsoever.
I killed Antonidas after same turn it was played...
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 11:39 AMPosted by KingOfGaia
I killed Antonidas after same turn it was played...

In that case you just ran into a buzzsaw on turns 7-10, which by the way is when mages are at their strongest.

The mage either held or drew into 2x Fireball and a Pyroblast on those turns, in addition to the two Fireballs gotten from Antonidas. I agree there wasn't much you could have done there, but to your original point I'm not sure the Coin counting as a spell is to blame just because it was part of a perfect storm of cards.
Reply Quote
Ohgods PLEASE remove Coin from being a spell.

So tired of having my Counterspell get negated by Coin.
Reply Quote
You also managed to get to turn 8 (Is that how much he costs?) without forcing coin.

Hurr hurr you left a card un-silenced because obviously if he drew a silence he would not use it.
Reply Quote
Hurr hurr you left a card un-silenced because obviously if he drew a silence he would not use it.

What's that supposed to be? Lots of combinations can be devastating if you don't have the cards to counter it, that doesn't mean everything is OP.

I agree that being able to do 22 damage to the face in 2 turns with nothing on board is stupid, but to be fair that does require having 3 cards that are dead weight until this point in the game.
Reply Quote
LOL... wow all this time I never knew coin was a spell. frickin explains why certain spell-proc stuff was going off! NERF THE DAMN COIN
Reply Quote
As long as going first continues to win more then going second, the coin will not be nerfed.... well, unless enough people !@#$% and complain.
Reply Quote
11/21/2013 06:14 AMPosted by xhunt3r
As long as going first continues to win more then going second, the coin will not be nerfed.... well, unless enough people !@#$% and complain.

You're assuming that changes to the game are driven by complaints, which is probably not true in most cases.

And if going first wins more than second, which is true, why does the Coin need to be nerfed? Blizzard has already said they are comfortable with the Coin counting as a card (for procs like Questing Adventurer), and as a spell (for procs like Antonidas). Their only concern was with Rogues, which is the only class whose win percentage is skewed by being able to go second. So, while they may adjust the Coin so it doesn't activate Rogue combo effects, don't count on it being changed in any other way.
Reply Quote
That's it. I'm gonna keep the Coin now and stop wasting it on my 1st-2nd turn :D
Reply Quote
I want to sympathize you, but honestly this is your fault. Consider looking at your deck and get 1-2 cards that can either interrupt or destroy potential powerful cards in the future.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]