Druids and Murlocs

I at first felt that Murlocs were too squishy and not a good fit for the Druid. I could not have been more wrong. Here is my latest deck that wins at least 90% of the time. Druids have the best ability to buff their minions.

Innervate (2)
Grimscale Oracle (2)
Murloc Raider (2)
Murloc Tidecaller (2)
Mark of the Wild (1)
Power of the Wild (1)
Blue Gill Warrior (2)
Knife Juggler (2)
Murloc Tidehunter (2)
Mark of Nature (2)
Savage Roar (2)
Coldlight Seer (2)
Murloc Warleader (2)
Soul of the Forest (1)
Swipe (1)
Old Murkeye (1)
Nourish (1)
Druid of the Claw (1)
Ancient of War (1)

Basic strategy is to overwhelm your opponent. Most games are won by turn 5 or 6. The key is to get the "generic" Mulocs on the field first (those without any buffs). And then use the Druid ability to buff to make them super strong. Always skip over the other players minions (unless they have a taunt out) and attack the hero directly. It does not matter if they hit you...you will always be doing more damage than they could ever do to you.

This is a very difficult deck to beat. The only times I have lost is when the other player got lucky and I was unlucky in my card draws. (In that case, it would not matter which hero you play.) I have thought about dropping the one Nourish and Druid of the Claw for two Cult Masters as Murlocs do die quickly and this would help in the card draw department. I will try that out sometime. But this is my new "fun" deck to play with.

What is more fun is when you go up against another players Murloc deck...talk about a wild ride....
Reply Quote
I at first felt that Murlocs were too squishy and not a good fit for the Druid. I could not have been more wrong. Here is my latest deck that wins at least 90% of the time. Druids have the best ability to buff their minions.

Innervate (2)
Grimscale Oracle (2)
Murloc Raider (2)
Murloc Tidecaller (2)
Mark of the Wild (1)
Power of the Wild (1)
Blue Gill Warrior (2)
Knife Juggler (2)
Murloc Tidehunter (2)
Mark of Nature (2)
Savage Roar (2)
Coldlight Seer (2)
Murloc Warleader (2)
Soul of the Forest (1)
Swipe (1)
Old Murkeye (1)
Nourish (1)
Druid of the Claw (1)
Ancient of War (1)

Basic strategy is to overwhelm your opponent. Most games are won by turn 5 or 6. The key is to get the "generic" Mulocs on the field first (those without any buffs). And then use the Druid ability to buff to make them super strong. Always skip over the other players minions (unless they have a taunt out) and attack the hero directly. It does not matter if they hit you...you will always be doing more damage than they could ever do to you.

This is a very difficult deck to beat. The only times I have lost is when the other player got lucky and I was unlucky in my card draws. (In that case, it would not matter which hero you play.) I have thought about dropping the one Nourish and Druid of the Claw for two Cult Masters as Murlocs do die quickly and this would help in the card draw department. I will try that out sometime. But this is my new "fun" deck to play with.

What is more fun is when you go up against another players Murloc deck...talk about a wild ride....

My druid deck regulary beats murlock decks. But I find the toughest ones to be the murlock decks. because

1. They can keep getting card draw to fuel that murloc engine late game
2. They have soulfire for 0 cost and usually nothing in their hands
3. Blood imps
4. that 5/7 charge guy to seal the deal and Leeroy

The Druids tend to lose murlocks fast to my

Claw
Wrath
Hero power
Swipe early game.

Then they can't recover.
Reply Quote
How can you beat a mage with this deck. I've tried it. They can one shot your murlock with hero power without any problems and they have so much clear.

And, I usually run out of cards really fast, wouldn't it be wise to add more card drawing power?
Edited by trayver on 11/23/2013 6:11 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]