Hack, more than 2 cards in one deck

(Locked)

Was playing a constructed deck in play mode and ran into a shaman that used 3 argent commanders during play before the game ended. As I remember and checked for constructed decks you only get 2 of each card max in a deck. Ran into my first hacker on the beta.
Are you sure there wasn't a brewmaster or faceless manipulator involved?
I encountered the same in a match , No faceless manipulator or brewmaster involved , I used Milhouse Manastorm , Giving enemy spells free next turn , Not too worried as he didn't have too many cards in his hand .. Then I got whooped with 5 fireball spells one after another (needless to say i regretted my card choice) However 5 fireball mage spell cards ? Deck is limited to two of each , so yarp hackers are definitely my guess
11/20/2013 01:33 PMPosted by Tarashandria
I encountered the same in a match , No faceless manipulator or brewmaster involved , I used Milhouse Manastorm , Giving enemy spells free next turn , Not too worried as he didn't have too many cards in his hand .. Then I got whooped with 5 fireball spells one after another (needless to say i regretted my card choice) However 5 fireball mage spell cards ? Deck is limited to two of each , so yarp hackers are definitely my guess

Was Archmage Antonidas in play on the mage's field? Card text states "Whenever you cast a spell, put a 'Fireball' spell into your hand." So all he had to do after your Millhouse Manastorm play was cast 1 spell, and he got a fireball, and when he cast that fireball he got another Rinse and repeat as they were all free to play due to Millhouse Manastorm
just encountered one (ranked game), 5 same cards.. wtf
after this will not play this game again... bye
for those who saw 3 cards
are you sure they werent GOLD cards?

Also there are ways of getting of the same cards
with a lot of luck

E.G

2 Fireballs
2 Archmage Antonidas
1 Archmage Antonidas (GOLD)
Dude you can only play 2 of the same card GOLD OR NOT

as for legendaries you can only have one in your deck regardless of whether its gold or normal.
Edited by IrishChick on 3/16/2014 11:37 AM PDT
Irishchick is correct. Golden cards do not bypass the 2 per deck rule (or 1 per deck in the case of Legendaries).

Antonidas is really the only way that the infinite fireball thing could have occured, and it is honestly not hard to do as long as he can get it out while Milhouse's effect is still in play and have some spell to play to get a fireball with. Any spell will do with Milhouse.

At the moment, the only "hacks" available are gold farming bots. As everything is determined on the Blizzard servers, there's nothing a client can do to force something impossible to happen or otherwise change the outcome of a battle or match. Sure, you can change your minion to have 9999 attack client-side, but it won't actually deal anything extra as the server won't recognize it.
Edited by Marioland1 on 3/16/2014 11:49 AM PDT
yeah seems playing millhouse against a mage past turn 7 is just dumb, you obviously dont know enough about other classes
Well it's definitely possible. I just now encountered three arcane shot cards in one deck. I can't think of any way of that going down without a cheat of some sort.
MVP - Hearthstone
You are incorrectly remembering or were in arena.

As a side note, it's kind of frowned upon to resurrect old threads like this. :(
I posted while I was in the middle of the game that it happened. Nobody's short term memory is that bad. It also wasn't arena. It was a priest vs hunter ranked game.

Frowned upon or not, when something like this happens it should be talked about and fixed.

*edit* My friend just encountered 3 northshire clerics in a priest vs non-priest ranked game, so this is happening. lets get it fixed shall we?
Edited by Delekoth on 6/2/2014 2:12 PM PDT
MVP - Hearthstone
Priests have several cards which allow them to copy other cards.
Yes they do. They do not however have a card that lets them copy a northshire cleric out of a hunter's deck.
Good lord, I'm going to have to start recording games to convince you this is happening aren't I?
Support Forum Agent
Delekoth,

Actually, a recording of a game played would be very useful when it comes to investigating reports of bugs. If one isn't available, reproducible steps are requested.

Had the same with 3 of the same cards being in a deck. A warrior using 3 Armorsmiths where the effects were going off the wall every time one got hit.
Encountered the same bug/hack/cheat/exploit/whatever.

Druid playing 3 Ancient Watchers and making them into taunts... Kinda pain in the !@#$ to deal with something like that ;x
Just encountered the same thing myself.
I think I may have experienced this a couple of times before but this one was particularly annoying.
I played against a Priest who played 4 Lightwells and 4 Mogu'shan Wardens
Between the 4 Lightwells and the Northshire Clerics the guy went through his whole deck while I still had 14 cards to go.
Seems a rather odd thing to cheat on a game like this especially when it is just for fun but I guess some people find cheating/modding/hacking fun.
To each their own but I would rather not play against them.
Arena doesn't card limits.
it's always been frowned upon to perform thread necromancy. It's also stupid to get butthurt about it.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]