Bloodlust Should Cost 2 More Mana

Just my thoughts on it.

Bloodlust on turn 6 can be an auto-win. Since Priests are being targeted because Mind Control can lead to a win, I feel that Bloodlust should also cost more mana.

Fire Elemental could use some tuning as well perhaps 1 more mana cost.
Reply Quote
there are lots of things that "CAN" be auto-win....

but really, if only two minions are on the field, bloodlust effectively gives 6 damage, which could be compared to fireball (4 mana cost). benefits of fireball are obviously that you don't need minions out and that you can direct it anywhere (past taunt), while with bloodlust it scales up when you have more minions (but you might have to trade these minions when attacking).

doesn't seem really out of tune with other abilities, rockbiter gives 3 attack for 1 mana cost to a single guy, so bloodlust comparison would be like giving five minions rockbiter (for the 5 mana cost).

if you're worried about bloodlust so much, focus on keeping a cleared bored heading into the fourth and fifth rounds
Reply Quote
Getting efficient use out of bloodlust pretty much requires you to be in a strong position already. Getting overpowered use out of bloodlust requires your opponent to be asleep.
Reply Quote
If you lost board control by a modest amount of minions on your opponent side by turn 6... you're most likely to lose anyway. I see bloodlust as a "win more" card
Reply Quote
11/22/2013 12:20 AMPosted by Clove
If you lost board control by a modest amount of minions on your opponent side by turn 6... you're most likely to lose anyway. I see bloodlust as a "win more" card

Exactly what I was about to reply with.

Bloodlust, in order to be effective, requires the shaman to have dominating board presence already, which in most cases would be enough on its own to win.

Otherwise, Bloodlust will be a dead card in hand, since you won't have any minions on board that can benefit from it.
Reply Quote
Is this after you played one game against a Shaman and lost? They are probably the worst class in the game now in the current meta-game.
Reply Quote
Bloodlust can combo pretty well when lacking in position.

I had 1 creature, a 3/3 Shieldmasta, and I played Onyxia (On a priest). The priest then MC's the onyxia, and attacks the Shildmasta with 2. I now have 6 creatures on the field with 11 health, the opponent with 28 health. I cast Bloodlust, attack for 26 damage, and then cast Lightning Bolt for lethal damage.

Played right, it can get you out of a bad board position.
Reply Quote
I mean bloodlust can combo hard but most of the time I find myself using it to take control of the game as opposed to finishing them off. I think you could use this example with loads of different combo plays such as hunters but all of them only work if you pull it off correctly and the other person has a bad draw or fails to recognise what is going on
Reply Quote
With 3 creatures on the board bloodlust is more mana efficient than fireball and allows you to split the damage to 3 different targets. It needs to cost more or do less.
Reply Quote
Fine as is. requires you to have some semblance of board presence. If the enemy can clear your board by chumping minions into yours with bloodlust then it just became flamestrike that loses to taunt. if its used to let 3+ minions swing free into you then not only did you not control he board which is VERY easy to do against a shaman but you let them get off an inferior UTH
Reply Quote
No thank you. Bloodlust is the only really good thing the shaman even has.
Reply Quote
Why would you allow shamans to ever leave a bunch of minions on the board knowing Bloodlust exists?
Reply Quote
Mind Control is being nerfed because I could use all the mana I have in one turn to summon Deathwing for example and the priest could use Mind Control and still have another 2 mana left over to use on whatever.

Bloodlust frankly is the only card that I would say is *perfect* in the Shaman deck at the moment. There's a couple other good cards like rockbiter and hex, but for the way a Shaman operates Bloodlust is absolutely key. That's like saying to remove Shadow Word from the priest deck because of how versatile it is. Shamans already get !@#$ed over by Overload as it is, if Bloodlust was an 8 cost I would never touch the deck again.

I'm sorry, but this just doesn't make sense.
Reply Quote
Actually they need to lower the mana cost to make it actually useful in more situations, considering all other classes can make similar plays from within their hand.

Look at UTH

Look at Priest dropping that fking 5/5 minion, doubling its health twice, and putting inner fire on it all in one round.

etc. etc.

Hell, a warrior can drop 2 enrage minions, give them both charge, damage them both, and %**!*%*% ur face.
Reply Quote
11/27/2013 11:07 AMPosted by Kithus
With 3 creatures on the board bloodlust is more mana efficient than fireball and allows you to split the damage to 3 different targets. It needs to cost more or do less.

Yet fireball doesn't deal any damage to your own minions when used.
Reply Quote
11/21/2013 10:12 AMPosted by ZeroNeutral
Since Priests are being targeted because Mind Control can lead to a win, I feel that Bloodlust should also cost more mana.

False assumption. Priests are being targeted - or rather, Mind Control is being targeted - because it is automatic and hugely beneficial card efficiency. Bloodlust does not have this problem, it is a straight up attack boost, and usually depends on having at least some parity with your opponent for board control.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]