So, Priests...

EVERYONE plays them. Literally 75% of opponents are Priests.

I. Wonder. Why. ??

So, how about initiate that damn nerf already. The MC nerf isn't enough. Cleric needs a nerf, hero power is the absolute best of all hero powers aswell, not to mention the insane synergy with Priest cards.

Sort it out already.
Reply Quote
Funny I only meet mages at this level.
Reply Quote
I've been dominating priests today =] i think you're just unlucky with draws. A while ago i beat a priest by T6 i bet my opponent must have been RAGING. xD
Reply Quote
I'd rather play 75% Priests than about the 60% Mages I'am getting.
Reply Quote
Priests are getting on my nerves as well... every one in constructed play has the same BASIC deck and they can counter just about everything you do. The worst part is, you know everything they can counter and you end up feeling like you can't even use 2/3 of the cards in your deck.

- Play a creature that isn't 4 attack? Okay, that's dead now.

- Hold on to some powerful cards to try to turn the tables later on? Nope, they'll just take random copies out of your hand when your card count is low and use your own top tier cards and removals against you.

- Want to play the cards so they can't copy them from your hand? Nah, they'll just MC them, insta-kill if they aren't 4 atk, or heal away any spell damage that doesn't one shot every single creature they have on the board.

- Okay, so let's bait out all of these removals, then we can win, right? No, because by that point you've probably lost board control AND they have a card count advantage. And if you ended up having to use your removals to remove your own creatures from the board, you've got nothing left to deal with that Gurubashi Berserker that just had it's HP doubled. GG.

It's just not fun... I'm sure it's going to get nerfed, but it's still very annoying in the meantime.

IMO, the MC cards need to be nerfed or removed and the shadow word cards needs to be reworked so that everyone isn't forced to stack their deck with 4 attack creatures JUST to deal with priests.
Reply Quote
EVERYONE plays them. Literally 75% of opponents are Priests.

I. Wonder. Why. ??

So, how about initiate that damn nerf already. The MC nerf isn't enough. Cleric needs a nerf, hero power is the absolute best of all hero powers aswell, not to mention the insane synergy with Priest cards.

Sort it out already.

Cleric is extremely easy to deal with. Don't damage minions until you kill it, which 3 damage shouldn't be very hard to do at turn 2 or 3. Or simply silence it. And the priest hero power is not the best, not even close. This is the a big misconception I see. Sure the pure numbers might be bigger than other hero powers that target anything, but the difference is damaging hero powers can kill enemy minions, getting rid of some of board control. How is that 2 health going to help you when the entire enemy board is full of minions? That heal won't save you from 3-4 minions attacking every turn, and more being dropped every turn after that.

tl;dr Don't complain because you are too lazy to revise your decks to deal with certain factors that you didn't think about before, or you simply are bad at the game
Edited by sjake321 on 11/22/2013 11:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
yeah its very annoying not to mention the cards that take control of your minions for the turn.
effectively using your own minions to kill off your remaining ones in play leaving you with nothin and him losing nothing but one card.
Reply Quote
4 attack isn't really the way to deal with Priests, you need to out-tempo them and get card advantage. 3/2 drops for 2 are great at dealing with Northshire while getting card advantage anything else depends on the class you're playing. If you have 5 cards in hand to his 2 then it doesn't matter if he Shadow Word Deaths your big creature then Shadow Word Pains your little creature, you have 3 cards left he can't answer.

That said Priest is an obvious strategy that works fairly well without many expert cards or deep strategy. I do still see it a lot and not all of my decks can pull ahead in either tempo or cards. Northshire is a beating if I don't pull a counter.
Reply Quote
I haven't seen a priest in at least 2 days.
Reply Quote
its hard to nerf priests because they suck at high level play and are great at low level play:(
Reply Quote
Mages, Mages, Mages here.
Reply Quote
I agree, priests need some revisions.
Reply Quote
Against a priest who draws well I have no way to win with any deck I put together. I have played many games where every single thing I played for the first seven rounds was countered, yet they still have creatures on the board and as many cards as they started the game with. Once a priest has cards in hand to your empty hand its game over. I dislike it for the same reason I dislike crowd control in games. It sucks to lose but that's part of the game. Its pointless to play against someone who consistently takes away your ability to actually do anything, though. At that point you're not actually playing the game. You're just sitting there while they cycle through their deck to the cards they need to finish you off. I've watched YT videos of some guy playing priest playing another priest. Probably the most boring matches I've ever watched on any game.
Reply Quote
I think that your forgetting priests can have minions to...Use said minions to kill opponent minions and then heal back to life...Meaning priests minions and no opponent minions
Reply Quote
I agree, Mages and Priests are my most hated class to play against... I can't handle them playing against them repetitively...

It makes me have to make a priest/mage deck to beat their asses
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]