The titles text limit kinda ruined the comprehension for the title I just made but whatever.

Basically this would be my thought process on all the QQ over MC (even though I don't think it's overpowered in higher ranked games) while improving Priests mid/early game.

Considering that Shadow Word Pain/Death handles minions that are <3 and >5 attack it should be obvious to anyone that plays a priest, but maybe not so obvious to people that don't, that anything with 4 attack is a Priests weak spot. Then you add in the fact that Priests have no real "good" class 4 drops (lightspawns suck - incoming silence etc) along with a few other cards that just take up room for later in the game when there are clearly better choices in the neutral category - Temple Enforcer/Cabal Shadow Priest.

So my thought process here is basically this:
1.) Reduce MC to 3 Mana and have it only able to Mind Control minions that have 4 attack
- 3 Mana because 4 would be retarded. You would literally get no use out of the card and would be better off using a neutral of your choice.
- SW:P/D handle anything lower/higher that is a real threat
2.) Reduce the cost of Cabal Shadow Priest to 5 with unchanged stats/abilities (because in reality it's not worth of a 6 drop when you can pick cards like Sunwalker or Temple Enforcer atm)
3.) Reduce the cost of Temple Enforcer to 4
- Change stats to 3/3 and keep the +3 health bonus for other minions / or reduce to 3 mana and 3/3 and only buff for 2 (would be on par with Sun Shattered Cleric at that point)
4.) Reduce Holy Nova to 4 mana cost
- Damage 2/Heal 1

and just a couple crazy ideas that really have nothing to do with this ^ above but more for the fact that the majority of the Priest class cards suck complete donkey @!##**%*.

1. Mana Burn (2) - Destroy one of your opponents mana crystals / draw a card
(opposite of innervate)
2. Priestess of Fortitude (2) 2/2 - Increase all of your minions health by 2
(on par with Flame Imp [1] 1/1 +1 = [2] 2/2 +2)
3. Psychic Horror (3) - Causes target to tremble in horror. Target loses any Divine Shield and Taunt for 1 turn. [cc]
(somewhat on par with frostbolt just removes the damage and adds in extra effects)
4. Dispersion [secret] (7) - Any attack made against your minions or hero will result in one damage for one turn. Draw 3 cards.

(random ideas because why not?)

--

The reasoning behind this "idea of balance" is that you can basically automatically lose against anyone that has built their deck to completely counter priests by playing 4 attack minions. You aren't able to really do much of anything 80% of the time if someone does that unless you're lucky and you can gain board control early - which is unlikely for any Priest. Along with the Mind Control change I propose the additional changes to Temple Enforcer/Cabal Shadow Priest would open up A LOT of room for minions in the 6/7 category and would ultimately build you a better deck instead of relying on Mind Control to take control of someone elses legendary/epic 8+ cost card.
Edited by Vaxity on 11/21/2013 8:12 PM PST