Shamans Are SO Slow!

By far the worst class, no doubt about it.

Overload mechanic is fun but even if all spells with overload didn't have it, whether the class would still be underpowered or not would be up for debate. As it stands, the class is simply too weak. It's depressing to have a 0% winchance against a Priest, Mage, Paladin etc. if they play correctly.

Buff the class, it's so sad atm.
Reply Quote
What are you, bronze? Shaman is amazing.
Reply Quote
The only thing that needs a buff is the uttercrap shaman legendary. Besides this, shamans are fine.
Reply Quote
I don't mean to sound like an !@# but I got relatively fast to platinum with just my shaman. Getting to gold was easy. Overload, windfury, FIRE TOTEM with lots of small minions or double summon, and ways to give taunt to minions. Double summon minion cards make it real easy to get a lot of minions with strength on the field. It has drawbacks like the aoe spells. But can't be good at everything.

I am enjoying the shaman deck but don't know the meta game at high level play. Just my two cents at this post.
Edited by Grimmer on 11/23/2013 7:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
I love shaman. Shaman control is a blast, and shaman aggro can turn relatively nonthreatening minions into monstrous things that NEED to be answered and will rarely EVER be a favorable trade for your opponent. and i LOVE overload. so much room to work and we can answer threats earlier than some classes can, and usually better.
Reply Quote
Shamans holds its own against priest and paladin.

Pretty much impossible to beat a mage though unless they don't draw more than one arcane blast/flamestrike/blizzard. Least from my observation.
Reply Quote
GL with Dust Devils vs a mage, and then enjoy the overload.
Edited by Aphexis on 12/3/2013 10:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/03/2013 10:20 PMPosted by Aphexis
GL with Dust Devils vs a mage, and then enjoy the overload.

Dust devils are a huge gamble anyway since you cant give them charge. i prefer beefier minions for my early drops that take at least a frost bolt or a mion +hero power for a mage to kill.
Reply Quote
The worst class is druid. Shaman is fine, you just need A LOT OF CARDS to make them work.
Reply Quote
Shamans are fine. Your just bad.
Reply Quote
Shaman is more than just fine, you just suck big time.
Reply Quote
12/04/2013 03:49 PMPosted by geeca
The worst class is druid. Shaman is fine, you just need A LOT OF CARDS to make them work.

Worst class is WARRIOR (Hunter is close 2nd) but yes, Shaman is beyond fine.
Reply Quote
12/07/2013 09:54 AMPosted by HkDizzy

Warriors are fine. My main deck is warrior and I win at leas 8 out of evet 10 games I play. Reading these forums I've come to understand something. On ever class forum someone says that the class sucks. It's not that it sucks. It's that you don't understand how it's played.
Reply Quote
12/07/2013 10:10 AMPosted by ragegasm

Warriors are fine. My main deck is warrior and I win at leas 8 out of evet 10 games I play. Reading these forums I've come to understand something. On ever class forum someone says that the class sucks. It's not that it sucks. It's that you don't understand how it's played.

Well I could argue then.... if there is just one way to play a class, is it really good / balanced then ? Dont wanna say warriors are bad, by far not but your logic doesnt make any sense.
Reply Quote
11/23/2013 03:10 AMPosted by Dorath
The only thing that needs a buff is the uttercrap shaman legendary. Besides this, shamans are fine.

And feral spirit.
Feral spirit just feels so weak for a 3(2 overload) cost.
Two 2/3's for 5 is hardly what I would consider to cost effective even with a penalty for overload.
Why not have them as 3/3's so they aren't useless against blood imp plays or the likes?
Reply Quote
12/09/2013 05:03 AMPosted by Shaunus

And feral spirit.
Feral spirit just feels so weak for a 3(2 overload) cost.
Two 2/3's for 5 is hardly what I would consider to cost effective even with a penalty for overload.
Why not have them as 3/3's so they aren't useless against blood imp plays or the likes?

Wait your complaining about one of the highest value card in turn 3?
Reply Quote
My Shaman deck only has 3 non-basic cards (Stormforged Axe, Lava Burst, Sunwalker) and is doing well at Plat 3 star.
Reply Quote
12/09/2013 07:01 AMPosted by Lightning
Wait your complaining about one of the highest value card in turn 3?

Considering the slow down due to the overload on turn 3, it seems really lackluster at best.
It's board control is lacking and it lacks the needed 1 damage punch to effectively deal with other 3 drops, like acolytes any number of 3/3's etc.
It has quite the potential to trade one card to one card and in my experience that usually happens.
Edited by Shaunus on 12/9/2013 8:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
Wolves are amazing... Shaman are good, the only issue being it's near impossible to beat mages with any shaman deck I've played and mages are all you seem to face now because of how op they are. Once mages get nerfed (hopefully), sham will be top 3 class.
Reply Quote
wolves is one of the best cards in the game- 2 2/3 taunters on turn 3 or 4 is huge, and even lategame 2 taunts can be harder than 1 taunt to handle for many decks (which rely on a silence to get past a big taunter)- like the old unleash the hounds decks

I like control personally, and shaman is really good at it. Just have to plan out your turns much more than other classes b/c of overload- trying to leave 3 mana open instead of 2, stuff like that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]