Shamans Are SO Slow!

As someone who has played pretty much strictly Shamans (except for a few Arena runs) since I've gotten access into Closed Beta, I can say that Shamans are absolutely fine where they are.

The only gripe I have is the RNG nature of their Hero Power if you don't have any totems out on the field yet and like above poster mentioned, how terrible Al'akir is.

Otherwise, they can take any class face on with a balanced deck easily.
Reply Quote
I don't mind hero power RNG because every totem is actually good.

I hate RNG in spells. It should be set amount of damage and not 2-3 as it is atm in couple of spells.
Reply Quote
Only recently I've started playing shaman and I'm enjoying it very much. There are only a few things that are troublesome.
- Lightning Storm needs rework to deal fixed dmg, so we can count on it.
- Al'Akir needs a change, so he becomes nice to use. Like reduce mana cost by 1/2 or increase attack to 4. Although, I can imagine him being pretty cool with an Ancestral Spirit/Rockbiter Weapon/Flametongue Totem.
Reply Quote
Lightning storm is fine. It's a great removal spell- 3 mana (2 overcharge) for 2-3 damage with the easiest spellpower to get (well, luckiest I guess) in the spellpower totem. Compare that to even the best AOE spell in the game, blizzard- 5 mana up front (so slightly more expensive) for 2 damage and freeze. Sure, blizzard is better- but lightning storm can do more damage. Just count a 50/50 chance on it doing the max damage.

Al-akir does need a rework. I would take off taunt and add 2 attack, personally.
Reply Quote
Al-akir is weak, but I feel if he were to be buffed, shaman would be more insane than it already is. If you're playing a control deck you can already literally board wipe almost every turn with a wide variety of starting hands till you hit 7 mana, where even if you're overloaded two you can summon at least a 7/8 taunter who can be paired with windfury the next turn to do 14 damage a round. I feel like that by itself more than makes up for Al-alkir.
Reply Quote
12/12/2013 08:40 PMPosted by shootist
Al-akir is weak, but I feel if he were to be buffed, shaman would be more insane than it already is. If you're playing a control deck you can already literally board wipe almost every turn with a wide variety of starting hands till you hit 7 mana, where even if you're overloaded two you can summon at least a 7/8 taunter who can be paired with windfury the next turn to do 14 damage a round. I feel like that by itself more than makes up for Al-alkir.

you're exaggerating the board wipe of shaman. The only full board clear is lightning storm (which is amazing), but you can only run 2 of them. Same with forked lightning- which is about as good as cleave (easier to fit in the first turn, but screws up the next turn badly).

The rest is all single target- which shaman does have a lot of good single target removal. But it's not like shaman is mage ;)
Reply Quote
12/12/2013 01:36 PMPosted by Yrrildur
Lightning Storm needs rework to deal fixed dmg, so we can count on it.

You can always count on Lightning Storm to do 2 damage. It's basically a Consecrate in the "safe cast" mode, with a "desperate cast" mode where you try to hit a 3 with it to not die, a "calculated-risk cast" mode with a Searing Totem waiting to trade, and a "greedy cast" mode where you just get totally screwed over by trying to hit 3s when there's a safer play.
Edited by Witzelsucht on 12/13/2013 2:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
thats me too, i just started but am running a shaman hurt deck with a lot of charge, it works really well for me atm
Reply Quote
Imagine earth elemental without overload. Best value!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]