Rogue is the strongest class

I'm usually playing mage because it seemed like the strongest class. I'm lvl60 on it, Master 3.
I decided to try rogue out for a bit and I was blown away. I tweaked my deck a bit over the past few days and I managed to go 45 - 5 with the last deck I made after I tweaked around some things. That's 90% win ratio. All matches were played in ranked on master 3.
Best win ratio I managed to keep on mage is 80% and with rogue after few games I already managed to achieve 90%, I think rogue is by far the best class atm.

Here's the deck, it has 0 legendaries:
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/19116-90-win-rate-master-3-deck
Edited by Aldor on 11/24/2013 4:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
so pretty much Kithros draw deck after he changed the inventor for golem with some questionable changes that you did.I cant see the point of shadow step much; seems like a waste of card to me.

I dont believe your 90% win unless you were on a lucky stoke; some day you face really crappy opponent but then you play later at night and face insane player sometime.
Edited by Asura on 11/24/2013 7:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
so pretty much Kithros draw deck after he changed the inventor for golem with some questionable changes that you did.I cant see the point of shadow step much; seems like a waste of card to me.

I dont believe your 90% win unless you were on a lucky stoke; some day you face really crappy opponent but then you play later at night and face insane player sometime.

Lol, my response exactly, Asura. Thanks for going ahead and typing it out for me...
Reply Quote
Nah you can get 90% wins with pretty much any deck, master 3 doesn't mean anything since everybody is in this rank.
Reply Quote

I got no idea how did shadowstep get there seriously. Shadowstep is supposed to be gnomish inventor. I can't correct it now.

And yes - sometimes you just face crappy opponents, but still u can't just ignore that I lost 5 games out of 50.
Edited by Aldor on 11/24/2013 9:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
Just played some games. Interesting deck, but it has 1 really huge drawback, - out of taunts.
I lost games vs. warriors and hunters, who just totally rushed me. I lost against murlocks too.
But against non-rush deck it looks nice.
Reply Quote
My deck is:

2x Argent Squire

2x Abusive Sergent

2x Deadly Poison

2x Shattered Sun Cleric

2x Defias Ring Leader

2x Defender of Argus

2x Argent Commander

2x Shiv

2x Eviscerate

2x Scarlet Crusader

2x Harvest Golem

2x Novice Engineer

1x Fan of Knives

1x Dark Iron Dwarf

1x SI:7 Agent

1x Questing Adventurer

1x Blood Mage Thalnos

1x Sap

I do not doubt that it is possible to get 90% win with a deck type like this. Still need some cards to replace the Scarlet Crusader or maybe the Questing.

When I play this deck I only lose to other very fast aggro decks.
Reply Quote
My deck is:

2x Argent Squire

2x Abusive Sergent

2x Deadly Poison

2x Shattered Sun Cleric

2x Defias Ring Leader

2x Defender of Argus

2x Argent Commander

2x Shiv

2x Eviscerate

2x Scarlet Crusader

2x Harvest Golem

2x Novice Engineer

1x Fan of Knives

1x Dark Iron Dwarf

1x SI:7 Agent

1x Questing Adventurer

1x Blood Mage Thalnos

1x Sap

I do not doubt that it is possible to get 90% win with a deck type like this. Still need some cards to replace the Scarlet Crusader or maybe the Questing.

When I play this deck I only lose to other very fast aggro decks.

This deck is similar to mine. What I would recommend to you is toss in a single Blood Knight. You can use it to destroy your own divine shields or the other guys to get huge buffs on the knight. Even if there is no divines up its still a 3/3 that you can buff up.

Hope that helps
Reply Quote
Since you seem to be having a lot of success, what are some tips for the matches that seem very difficult, such as a shaman that throws down nothing but taunts(feral spirits and whatnot) and once you clear that up he starts dropping earth elementals and the whole time they are hitting you with spells.

What about a priest that starts off with NSC turn 1, then turn 2 coins out an injured blademaster, turn 3 injured blademaster and uses circle of healing. I know one of the best counters to NSC is a 3/2 2 mana card but if that's not in your hand this can be a very difficult start.

Also what about a paladin that seems to have a divine shield on every minion. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote
If your fighting shaman with that are dropped lots of taunts just roll with double assassinate and save them for the end of the game. If you want to take care of them a different way then use spell power minions and use backstabs/evic combos to take them out. They can't keep dropping big taunts like earth lee as there is an overload component to the creature.

For north shire its all about your opening hand. If you draw into a backstab and a perditions blade you should be fine.. if you draw into crap well chances are ur gonna lose. Sorry.

For pallys I would recommend crafting a "Blood Knight" card and put it into every deck. It will destroy all shields and give you a super buff minion. You can also grab double fan of knives and use them to destroy all shields.

Hope this helps, there is no perfect way to combat this stuff you just need to keep playing and you will figure our solutions for yourself.
Reply Quote
Thank you for the advice. Yea I keep hearing how priests are so easy to win against as a rogue and that just is not my experience at all. They seem to prolong the match as long as possible and slowly eat at your health while increasing their own.

The blood knight does seem like a great idea against paladins I will have to try that when I get one but paladins for the most part don't give me much trouble, just when they can keep every single minion alive I'm forced to play inefficiently.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]