Shaman is crap

I was really excited to try shaman out, bought all the cards I wanted for him and all that.
God, what a disappointment.

Overload should be renamed to "!@#$ yourself up next turn", class as a whole is too RNG dependant and plain weak.
Worst class by far, only murlocs keep it from drowning completely into the abyss of uselessness.

That's my constructive feedback regarding shamans. Over and out.
Reply Quote
Pretty much... not quite... but ya, I haven't bought into the class yet (I almost have all the cards for it anyway but still...).
Reply Quote
Well I have shaman in masters atm and I can say it wishes it was even 1/2 the class lock or pally is currently.

Its not terrible but it the rng + overload really make it alot of time much more luck than skill.

Not to mention it starts off slow so if you dont hold card in your hand right off in turn one like rockbiter or lit bolt it can be over before it ever started.
Reply Quote
Shaman is a great class and had alot of success with it playing in masters 3. I have no idea how you guys set up your shaman decks but if you guys are doing so bad that you think the class is terrible, then maybe instead of blaming the class you should look at yourselves on how poorly constructed your deck is.
Reply Quote
I really dont understand your issue.. unless you're slamming overload cards into your oponents face with reckless abandon overload really shouldnt be a game changer. if anything you should be considering your next turn when playing an overload card. Shaman forces you to think from different angles as well as turns in advance. By far my favorite class, and i dont even use bloodlust
Reply Quote
Shaman is one of the worst class this game, and this will not change until maybe next batch of cards released.

The only potential big plays that differentiate shaman from other classes is windfury - It's cheap mana cost allows for some one turn big plays. But giving the current card sets it's just not good enough, and given shaman current class cards it just terrible at the highest level.
Edited by Ayu on 11/23/2013 3:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
Shaman is one of the worst class this game, and this will not change until maybe next batch of cards released.

The only potential big plays that differentiate shaman from other classes is windfury - It's cheap mana cost allows for some one turn big plays. But giving the current card sets it's just not good enough, and given shaman current class cards it just terrible at the highest level.

You dear sir/madam are ignorant of the shamans abilities, plain and simple. Windfury is a good card yes but FAR from the best. Flametongue totem, lightning storm, fire elemental, spirit wolves, bloodlust, earth shock etc etc are all fantastic cards. If the class seems bad to you then you simply have not played it past a few simple games or you need to practice hearthstone in general. Shaman control is fantastic, and we maintain a very competitive ability to maintain board presence even through what might seem like debilitating disadvantage
Reply Quote
The shamans basic deck is pathetic. The entire deck consists of spells that buff minions yet literally all the minions are terrible early game minions. Shaman is the only class that really forces players to customize and abandon the basic deck to have any level of success.

The way the deck is build a player needs to get lucky with RNG and get a combination of cards with synergy to get a good starting game going otherwise the shaman will be on the defensive all the way till mid/late game when their opponents slap them in the face with meta game cards.
Reply Quote
Shaman control really needs some self healing abilities in its class card suit...

Like really badly...
Reply Quote
I was really excited to try shaman out, bought all the cards I wanted for him and all that.
God, what a disappointment.

Overload should be renamed to "!@#$ yourself up next turn", class as a whole is too RNG dependant and plain weak.
Worst class by far, only murlocs keep it from drowning completely into the abyss of uselessness.

That's my constructive feedback regarding shamans. Over and out.

I play shaman in masters and just by reading murlocs in you're post made me LOL GG scrub
Reply Quote
I was surprised to see so many people think shamans are terrible! Im new to all card games in general and choose to only focus on shaman and I was starting to think they were the best class until I started reading forums...lol

Im sure this is a noob deck but I can guarantee its better than your deck! 80% win ratio
Still building it but atm, its whats working for me in plat 2
Good luck
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/18700-floodlust
Edited by Brewer on 11/25/2013 3:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
The thing people don't mention is what % of class cards they have.

A deck consisting of mostly basic shaman cards is going to be pretty bad compared to a basic deck of priest cards.

On the flip side of that, a shaman deck consisting of a lot of rare class cards, is going to be considerably stronger or on par with a priest deck consisting of rare class cards.

It's really the rares that make the class. They are really good, but if you don't have them, then shaman's aren't too great.
Reply Quote
Shamans are a pretty unique and versatile class. They're actually very capable, even in the current aggressive meta.

What I found is that most Shamans have way too many spells in their decks and literally overload or starve themselves to death.
Reply Quote
RNG>Card games.
Reply Quote
shaman is great i play him at high level ! just watch the blizzcon builded deck to have an idea !
Edited by Dudule973 on 11/26/2013 8:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
IMO Shaman is one of the best classes. If your having trouble just ask for help on the forum, people are often rather helpful. It helps if you post your deck and tell what kind of trouble your facing. I think Shaman is a harder to play than many other classes, so it takes a little practice.
Reply Quote
Shaman is one for the best class, because many good deck can be build around basic/common card. And you want to get a ton of low minion of the deck, which negate the utility of mind control, which is the most OP spell of the game
Reply Quote
Maybe it gets terrible at high levels of play but so far in 130 games up to 2 star masters I have been able to keep at least an 80% win record (only tracking since 2 star diamond so I assume before that it was closer to 90%). Randomness never really comes into it apart from very rarely using your hero power to try and luck out on spell power but that's about as random as card draw.

Over load imo is a great mechanic and unless you are very bad at shamans you will not just use it without still having a play next turn unless there is no necessary plays. I will however say that it is one of the classes where it matters way to much whether or not you go 1st or 2nd. I just have found going second to be so much stronger as shaman in nearly every game
Reply Quote
Not to feed the trolls here, but Shamans are an excellent control deck. Flame elemental + argent commander makes for some devastating turn 6's. And then you have the removal to get there, a 2 mana taunt card that is really strong, great aoe against aggro, and a decent 2 mana weapon to fight fairie dragons.

That doesn't meant their aggro play is good, but I really enjoy a decent win rate in m*** with my shammy control deck.
Reply Quote
If we don't get healing totem back to how it was I'm going to be upset. It helps so much in so many match ups. The impact the nerf had on the class was actually huge =/.
Edited by dmcAxle on 11/29/2013 8:48 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]