Mind Control isn't what make priest decks op

Just what the title says. Its not the card that makes priest decks op. Its all the other cards no one seems to remember. Like shadow word death or shadow word pain, the hero power, the power word shield+north shire cleric, the holy nova cards, ect.

You can't just point to one thing in the priest's tool set and say thats the thing thats making the deck op.

Nerfing mind control to 10 mana wont fix priest decks. I dont even run mine with a mind control in it and I still rofl stomp people.
Reply Quote
Northshire Cleric is one of the cards leading the charge, but nobody remembers who started the fight 20 minutes ago, only what ended it.
Reply Quote
I hate how I'm trying so hard to counter all the minions and trying to find the right time to place my big card and how easy it is for a priest to take steal it.
Reply Quote
11/24/2013 04:14 AMPosted by Kaiel
I hate how I'm trying so hard to counter all the minions and trying to find the right time to place my big card and how easy it is for a priest to take steal it.

Try playing around with a Venture Co. Mercenary for a while. It does an excellent job of baiting removal (SW:D, Deadly Shot, Polymorph) so you have more freedom with the board. I often slam one down on turn 5 because it forces someone to either play removal or risk losing control of the board because the card trades well with everything that's typically in play. Against a Priest I use stuff like that to force him into only having MC against things like Chillwind Yeti or Argent Commander. You're going about it the wrong way if you think you absolutely have to play your big cards to win - you beat control decks by forcing them to burn control on other things.

Hell, I've stopped running a second SW:D in my Priest deck because it sucks to be sitting on MC and 2x SW:D and looking at a board of small to mid-sized creatures. What are they going to do, burn 8 mana to take your 4 mana Yeti or your 3 mana Harvest Golem? Great, now you just kill them because it can't attack and they just spent their turn 8 taking control of a turn 3-4 card.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]